2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:57:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28630 times)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« on: August 16, 2010, 09:40:03 PM »

Former Senator and Majority Leader Tom Daschle of South Dakota announces his candidacy for President of the United States in Des Moines, Iowa.

"Let there be no doubt: the state of our union is strong - stronger than the terrorists who seek to harm us and stronger than the challenges that confront us. At the same time, we know that our union can be stronger still. It is my goal as President, to strengthen this union amongst our sometimes bitterly divided people...Bipartisanship isn't an option anymore; it is a requirement. The American people have divided responsibility for leadership right down the middle. We must work together to keep America ahead of China, ahead of Russia, ahead of Japan and on top of the world. Together we keep America great, together we keep America safe, strong and secure, and together we can keep the American dream a reality for millions of people"

Tom Daschle will finish out the week on a listening tour in Iowa.

I would also like to note, Tom Daschle have privately made sure that he is up to date on all his taxes and finances.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:24:46 PM »

Richardson releases a new TV ad after Tom Daschle joins the race. Richardson calls himself a "new kind of Democrat", and paints Daschle as "old  news, with old ideas".

When asked who the Richardson advertisement was pointed at a Daschle spokesman  responds humorously with "Well, since Governor Richardson is the oldest person in the Democratic primary, I think that makes him the old Democrat!"
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »

Richardson releases a new TV ad after Tom Daschle joins the race. Richardson calls himself a "new kind of Democrat", and paints Daschle as "old  news, with old ideas".

A Daschle spokesman is asked about the advertisement and responds humorously with "Well, since Governor Richardson is a in fact a month older than Senator Daschle, that makes him the old Democrat."

Out of game: Wink

Out of game: Hah, I altered it a little bit but the same idea Tongue
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 12:09:09 AM »

Tom Daschle continues his trip around Iowa and says during a brief press conference "I'm hearing a lot about peoples problems here in Iowa and more importantly their ideas. These are ideas I've heard in South Dakota, and I'm looking forward to hearing from more Americans in the coming months and incorporating their ideas into my campaigns before we roll out our plan for America."
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »

Tom Daschle thanks Governor Richardson for his endorsement at a campaign event in New Mexico. "I know that Governor Richardson will continue standing up for the people of New Mexico and all Americans...I look forward to working with the Governor in the future..."
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 07:48:28 PM »

Tom Daschle appears at a campaign event in New Hampshire where Bill & Hillary Clinton endorse him for the Democratic nomination and Presidency.

"The way to continue our fight now, to accomplish the goals for which we stand, is to take our energy, our passion, our strength and do all we can to help elect Tom Daschle the next president of the United States" - Hillary Clinton
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 08:44:24 AM »

Tom Daschle continues his tour in Iowa speaking about the use of ethanol -- "Ethanol is not the final answer to our addiction to oil but it will certainly help in kicking the addiction."
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 09:02:31 PM »

Tom Daschle drops out of the race and endorses former Ghostbuster Bill Murray.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies