2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:29:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2008 Election TL (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 28656 times)
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« on: August 17, 2010, 05:28:20 PM »
« edited: August 17, 2010, 05:34:14 PM by feeblepizza »

Congressman Tom Tancredo starts his presidential campaign in April 2007 with speeches in Colorado, Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina:

"I am starting this presidential campaign here and now for you - I am tired of our way of life being corroded by weasly politicians who do not want economic prosperity, who do not want secure borders, and who do not want a strong national defense. I'm not backed by big money or lobbyists, so I need you the American people to back me up here. You are the reason I am running and the reason I will stay in the race until the very end, fighting for you!!!"

700 people or so come to each rally, and he gains a moderate web of supporters all over the Internet. His the biggest grassroots campaign of the 08 election season.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »

Tancredo gains over 500,000 fans on FaceBook, MySpace, and YouTube. He gains crucial endorsements from Chris Simcox, Arizona Senator John McCain, and Texas Congressman Ron Paul. He has an Internet campaign in full swing, and is traveling all over Iowa:

"I hope to God that we can save this nation from illegal immigrants, suppressed economic growth, and radical jihad. People are coming to together in a grassroots movement, and are speaking out for the real change that they need. I am proud of my nation and I hope you are ready to maintain our greatness."
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 06:57:09 PM »

Tancredo gains over 500,000 fans on FaceBook, MySpace, and YouTube. He gains crucial endorsements from Chris Simcox, Arizona Senator John McCain, and Texas Congressman Ron Paul. He has an Internet campaign in full swing, and is traveling all over Iowa:

"I hope to God that we can save this nation from illegal immigrants, suppressed economic growth, and radical jihad. People are coming to together in a grassroots movement, and are speaking out for the real change that they need. I am proud of my nation and I hope you are ready to maintain our greatness."

I don't remembr ever giving you those endorsements.

Oh, I'm sorry Tongue

Please forgive me, I just kind of glazed over the instructions......do I PM you for permission or something?
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 04:18:02 PM »

Senator McCain campaigns heavily for Congressman Tancredo all over Arizona: "Tom is a reformer like me. He wants to work with you, not for the lobbyists in Washington. Tom is a servant of the people, and he wants you - not just in Arizona but all around the nation - to come out and rally behind the cause for reform."

Ron Paul's massive Internet following now moves in full mobilization toward Tancredo. He has reached 1,000,000 fans on FaceBook and MySpace. In a CBS interview he says: "I'm honored to have people get so geared up about reform, and their getting behind me. I just think it's great."
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »

Vice-President Dick Cheney endorses Congressman Tancredo: "I think Tom is the best bet to get terrorism and illegal immigration under control. We need someone with a conservative philosophy and the will to do the right things."

Governor Rick Perry (R-Texas) also endorses Congressman Tancredo: "Texas, the border states, and most of the U.S. has been abused by illegals, and I think Tom is the best bet to get this mess under control."
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 09:25:07 AM »

At a joint rally in New Orleans, Senator's McCain and Vitter both endorse Mitt Romney, citing his economic experience as the main reason for their support.

McCain endorsed Tancredo. Remember?
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 03:48:28 PM »

Vice-President Dick Cheney tours Iowa in support of Congressman Tancredo.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 03:48:52 PM »

Senator John McCain tours New Hampshire in support of Congressman Tancredo.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 04:21:27 PM »

Tom Tancredo and his supporters hold a rally in Olathe, Kansas, where several conservative icons endorse him. Among those are:

Former Vice-President Dan Quayle
Former First Lady Nancy Reagan
Arizona Senator Jon Kyl
U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell
Conservative radio personality and activist Glenn Beck
Conservative radio personality, activist, and Dr. Michael Savage
General David Patreus (spoke via satellite)
Wyoming Senators Mike Enzi and John Baraso
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin
Arizona Lt. Governor Jan Brewer

Also in attendance were Senator John McCain, Chris Simcox, Congressman Ron Paul, Vice-President Dick Cheney, and Governor Rick Perry.

Each spoke in support of Tancredo's fights for reform. They compared him to Ronald Reagan, John Kennedy, and even Abraham Lincoln.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »

Tancredo tours much of the American West (Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, California, etc.)
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 06:05:52 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2010, 06:11:58 PM by IDS AG feeblepizza »

Tom Tancredo releases a counterattack against Mitt Romney.

Mitt Romney flipped on abortion...

Mitt Romney flipped on gay rights...

Mitt Romney supports gun control...

Mitt Romney wrecked Massachusetts' health care system with RomneyCare...

Mitt Romney calls killing embryos for stem cell research "ethical"...

Mitt Romney raised taxes...

Mitt Romney's lawn care company hired illegal immigrants...

In short: Mitt Romney is a LIAR, a LIBERAL, and a HYPOCRITE!!!

America needs someone who knows where they stand on all the issues at one time. Mitt Romney is not that person.

And about his attacks on me - I am retiring at the end of my House term, whether I'm in the Oval Office or not.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 06:41:47 PM »

Tancredo responds to Romney's criticism in Los Angeles, California:

"I, too stand by my criticism of Mitt Romney, because it is correct. And he was right when he criticized me as well. I agree that we do need an honest leader - one who is honest with both he and the people he works for.

I am retiring because I don't want to be a member of the House anymore. Pure and simple. I made this decision when I ran for reelection in 2006. It wasn't until much later that I decided to run for President.

Mitt's criticism is correct, and I apologize for not following up on my promises to the people of Colorado. But I want Mitt to apologize for his faults (hypocrisy, mainly) as well. Thank you.
"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »

Tom Tancredo flies to Cedar Rapids and holds a massive rally:

"Tomorrow is the day that Iowa goes to the ballot box! I wish Governor Romney and Governor Huckabee the best of luck, and I know that I'm going to need some luck, too! All of those who want reform, who want to bring America back to the golden years of Ronald Reagan, vote for Tom Tancredo! Thank you and goodnight!"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 06:53:49 PM »

Tancredo makes a speech in Des Moines, Iowa, conceding both contests:

"I congratulate Governor Huckabee and Governor Romney on their outstanding victories, tonight. I do wish, however, to stress that this is not the end of my campaign, or OUR campaign for reform - we will fight until the end, in New Hampshire and South Carolina and Nevada and onward! Thank you, goodnight, and GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 08:37:30 PM »

Tom Tancredo speaks to a crowd in Portsmouth, New Hampshire:

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Mitt Romney: Mike Huckabee is not the man to lead our children. He feels sorry for rapists, murderers, and child molesters. I think he's shown clearly, during his record as Governor, that he is not our man when it comes to keeping crime off the streets.

You know what else Mike is soft on? Immigration. Big surprise, right? He supported college education for illegal immigrants. Mitt Romney and I both opposed the so called reform bill that President Bush proposed in 2007.

I'm challenging Mike Huckabee right here - find an issue that you're right on.
"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »

Tom Tancredo concedes in New Hampshire and begins campaigning in Nevada and South Carolina.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »

Tom Tancredo travels to Michigan: "America, we can do it! We can press for reform and we can make America greater! A vote for Tancredo is a vote for American success!"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 04:18:09 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2010, 04:20:08 PM by IDS AG feeblepizza »

Tom Tancredo releases an ad all over the nation. It garners over 1,000,000 views nationwide:

TANCREDO: "Mike Huckabee thinks that private sector experience is not important when it comes to running a government. I disagree with that. I find that if you know how to run a business, you know how to create jobs, and you know to be responsible with money, that you can be elected President of the United States, or to any office, and be an exceptional leader. Shame on you Mike Huckabee, for attacking America's businessman.

I'm Tom Tancredo and I approve this message.
"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2010, 04:30:04 PM by IDS AG feeblepizza »

Congressman Tom Tancredo holds a rally in Orlando, Florida:

"I think that Americans know who has the know-how to get this economy up and going again. Certainly not Tax Hike Mike Huckabee. He is blatantly insulting our private sector by saying that no ammount of private sector work can make up for actual government work.

What is actual government work? Staying in the Arkansas Governor's seat for ten and a half years and raising taxes, increasing the size of government, and pardoning criminals?

No, that's not work. That's bad management. I would take George Soros for President over Mike Huckabee any day of my life - at least Soros has had a successful business career. He knows how to create jobs and how to stay on track with a budget, two things Mike has never been able to do.
"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 04:27:54 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2010, 04:29:43 PM by IDS AG feeblepizza »

At a Tampa, Florida speech, Tom Tancredo attacks Mike Huckabee's anti-private sector words:

"Did George Washington have government experience? No, he was a businessman.

Did Ronald Reagan have government experience? He spent only eight years as Governor of California but over 30 years in the entertainment business. He was a life-long union member.

Washington and Reagan were both wonderful Presidents. I think that Mike Huckabee is wrong in saying that no amount of private sector work can make up for actual government work.

Mike Huckabee is bad-mouthing business. We need someone who knows how to create jobs and how to handle a budget, not someone who hates the private sector with a passion.
"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 07:37:45 PM »

Tom Tancredo makes his final speech in Florida:

"I believe that Floridians will pull the lever for reform tonight. Ladies and gentlemen of all ages, colors, and backgrounds, let us come together for a common cause: the conservative cause for reform. Populism! Let us have a strong defense; let us be free of illegal immigrants; let us get our fiscal house in order. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the platform that I endorse, and that a majority of Americans endorse. Thank you all, and God bless America!"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 08:00:28 PM »

Tom Tancredo congratulates Governor Romney on his victory and starts a cross-country tour in preparation for Super Tuesday.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 12:44:22 PM »

Congressman Tancredo gives an interview to Chris Wallace on FOX News Sunday:

WALLCE: So, Congressman, are you happy about your performance on Super Tuesday?

TANCREDO: Very happy, Chris.

WALLACE: Do you intend to stay in the race?

TANCREDO: I am contemplating dropping my campaign, actually. I'm not doing too well financially, and I know that I may have a chance, but I'm just not sure about staying in the race. I'll have a decision to the people of America come the end of the month, if not sooner.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2010, 03:53:15 PM by IDS AG feeblepizza »

Congressman Tom Tancredo makes a speech in Norfolk, Virginia:

"America, we have come a long way. We have fought for reform since day one, and although we remain strong, I am still in doubt.

America needs a leader who can make tough decisions. We need someone who has owned a business, or run a state; someone who has made tough executive decisions.

Obviously, I am not that person. I come to you today to announce that I am suspending my campaign for the presidency of the United States of America. I decided to endorse Mitt Romney. Mitt was a successful businessman, and wasn't half bad as a Governor. I think America will be just fine in Mitt's hands.

Thank you all for your help and support. God bless.
"
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »

This is CNN....

Vice-President Dick Cheney has called a press conference:

"Along with Governor Jindal and Congressman Tancredo, I am calling upon Mike Huckabee to drop his bid for the 2008 presidential nomination. I believe that the Party has made its choice upon nominating Governor Romney. While Mike Huckabee is a fine man and would be a finer President, I believe that he has the potential to cause a split within the Party. Anymore useless bickering amongst us and we could see terrible consequences in November. So please, Governor Huckabee (to put this bluntly): please spare us the embarassment and drop your campaign."
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies