Australian Federal Election - Results Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:41:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Australian Federal Election - Results Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Australian Federal Election - Results Thread  (Read 51025 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:46:39 AM »

I've been grappling with the maths involved in adding small numbers into the equation for PR-STV (if anyone wants to help me out...). Obviously additional votes increase the quota to be elected, which therefore reduces the transfer value, but at the same time, they increase the surplus, increasing the transfer value. I'm trying to figure out if the increase to transfer value is greater or lesser than (or evern the same as) the decrease to transfer value. In short... does an additional vote going onto the Liberal pile have the value of a vote, or just some fraction of the vote. The change in transfer value will affect all the votes spilling down to lower-order candidates, but I'm not sure what affect it has overall...

Can you put up/link to the relevant numbers at present?

I think the answer to your question, if I understand it correctly, depends on the relative proportion of Liberal votes that have yet to be added (compared to the existing proportion of Liberal votes as a fraction of all votes cast).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies