Confirmation Hearing: Kalwejt for AG [at final vote]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:01:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Kalwejt for AG [at final vote]
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Kalwejt for AG [at final vote]  (Read 1978 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »
« edited: August 30, 2010, 11:18:13 AM by Bacon King »

Senators, please discuss the merits of the nominee here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 01:49:14 PM »

The nominee is present, Mr. President pro tempore
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 05:21:29 PM »

Just a few questions.

What, do you feel, qualifies you for the job?

How do you feel about the status of the wiki? Will you diligently update the Senate Statute to include recent laws past, and links?

Will you prosecute violators of Atlasian law to the fullest extent?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 05:31:26 PM »

Thank you for the questions, Senator.

Regarding the status of our wiki I must say, with the great sadness, that it's quite horrible. Just take a look some random articles, and you'll see that most of them are out of the date, incomplete, without recent informations.

It is particularly painfull when it comes to Atlasian law. We should have it all right in the place, so everyone can check when needed.

I'll be honest with you. I think my prime quality for the job is that I'm lifeless bastard, who can devote him time and energy to finally update law data on Atlasia wiki. Thus, for most of the time as AG, if confirmed, I'll be some kind of bureaucrat general, record updater and keeper.

When it comes to the second aspect of the job, namely prosecuting, I do sincerely hope these cases would be as rarest as possible, only when I'll have solid evidences in my hands. However, you all, I'm sure, know my stance on things like sock voting, dual accounts etc.

I hope to work closely with Moderator General to monitore if we're experiencing such pathologies, which are seriously threatening the game, and if I'll have any solid evidences, none of such offender can except leniency from me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 06:08:24 PM »

I have no doubt you'll do a fine job with the Wiki, but I have no knowledge of you ability to prosecute anyone. That said, since the main function of the job is to Wiki, you'll be just fine.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »

Keep in mind that the Attorney General has the ability to appoint a special prosecutor for any given case rather than argue directly. Kal's lack of experience in court shouldn't be an issue because he always has that option if he needs it. That said, I'll be voting for this nominee and I think he'll do a great job.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 07:51:42 PM »

Kal:

Describe what kind of working relationship you envision with MG Gustaf if both of you are confirmed. Do you have a plan for what evidence is necessary to successfully prosecute sock voter cases and how you and Gustaf can constitutionally obtain such evidence?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 08:16:18 PM »

Kal:

Describe what kind of working relationship you envision with MG Gustaf if both of you are confirmed. Do you have a plan for what evidence is necessary to successfully prosecute sock voter cases and how you and Gustaf can constitutionally obtain such evidence?

No Attorney General could possibly succesfully presecute any sock voter case without an effective help provided my Moderator General. That's why we both, if confirmed, will have to be in constant contact. MG is acting kind like a police investigators, who provides the evidence, so the presecution may take the case before the court.

Basically, the only evidence that can be used against a sock voter can be obtained by a moderator only, who have an access to IP adresses. MG post was created to monitor things like that, so I believe it's all perfectly legal.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »

Mr. President, I'd like to adress one matter. Starting Monday, I'll be out of the internet access for 2 to 3 days, due to already planned trip.

I hope the Senators will understand that these plans were made well before I've been asked by the President to serve as Attorney General and I can't cancell them to remain online.

And I hope that's not going to disturb the process.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 07:20:22 PM »

Did you really think mechanical failure in my computer would spare you my tough questions? Evil

What kind of relationship do you plan to have, or currently have with the members of the Supreme Court in general (not anyone specific member) and as an institution? What is your opinion of the court?

We have had people answer the wiki question in a similar way to what you have just said with regards to how you will improve it. Yet it is still like it is despite the work of other "lifeless bastards" to use your phrase. How does your level of LB (lifeless bastard) compare to theirs? If it is the same or lower, how do you plan to avoid the pitfalls they fell into?

That is all, FOR NOW!!! BWAHAHAH!!!!! Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 07:32:58 PM »

Did you really think mechanical failure in my computer would spare you my tough questions? Evil

What kind of relationship do you plan to have, or currently have with the members of the Supreme Court in general (not anyone specific member) and as an institution? What is your opinion of the court?

We have had people answer the wiki question in a similar way to what you have just said with regards to how you will improve it. Yet it is still like it is despite the work of other "lifeless bastards" to use your phrase. How does your level of LB (lifeless bastard) compare to theirs? If it is the same or lower, how do you plan to avoid the pitfalls they fell into?

I'm still here so you can torture me, Demon.

I did not have any kind of "relationship" with any of the current judges. However, from what I saw, I approve the current Court works and I'm confident they have as anti-sock, anti-Kyle Mercado drones stance as me, and that's good enough.

Regarding LB question I'm proud to present...

Total Time Spent Online: 110 days, 8 hours and 34 minutes.

Now, who's going to beat this?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 07:41:36 PM »

I did not have any kind of "relationship" with any of the current judges. However, from what I saw, I approve the current Court works and I'm confident they have as anti-sock, anti-Kyle Mercado drones stance as me, and that's good enough.

Not that kind of relationship. Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 07:42:49 PM »

Not that kind of relationship. Tongue

I plead guilty of my crimes against English language, Your Honor.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 11:18:03 AM »

Senators, there is now a final vote for the confirmation of this nominee. Please vote aye, nay, or abstain.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 11:18:38 AM »

Aye
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 12:07:38 PM »

Aye
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 05:35:26 PM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 07:13:03 PM »

Aye
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 08:51:44 PM »

I am very confident in Kalwejt's ability.

Aye.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 09:03:14 AM »

aye
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 11:11:23 AM »

With six ayes and four not voting, Kalwejt is hereby confirmed as Attorney General.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 12:22:55 PM »

Aye, ftr.
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix