Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:52:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Kerry 83% Bush 16% Can you top that? (I bet you can't)  (Read 19904 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2004, 04:52:21 PM »

To repeat: Er... now is the time for all of you to stick the kettle on and have a cuppa and a sit down

Depends on the brand of tea? Wink I'm all for Earl Grey. Smiley

What time of day is it over there? Five-ish? Although the standard "grab-a-couple-of-bags-and-stew-till-it-goes-orange-then-add-three sugers" is always good to calm people down.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2004, 05:07:59 PM »

no man, I'm looking away from it.  and the party of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Olympia Snow seems hardly to fit that description.

On the other hand, the garbage you were pushing all summer, before you had your 'epiphany' certainly described that party.  But then, you left it and apparently took the rancor with you.

I rest my case.

No no.  The simple question were asking is why do you support these people?  Bush voters like to hang their heads down and shudder. 

To express my astonishment with your comment, I have to say that the Bush voters I know aren't hanging their heads down and shuddering.  Have you been under a rock or what?  Take a look around you.  Bush voters are giddy.  Can you not gracefully admit defeat?  Seriously, this is really starting to look pathetic (in the real *pathos* sense)  Your party may or may not win back voters such as myself.  I have no crystal ball.  But trying to out-religious the GOP will certainly not work.  Get a clue.  I have tried to offer many, but don't take mine if you don't want.  Keep losing.  I don't want a one-party system, but I'd rather vote for those with whom I have some non-economic (wedge issue) disagreements, but who are kind and honest, than vote with those who are bigoted, mean-spirited, and generally claim a false air of moral superiority.  And that's exactly what many Kerry supporters are doing.  Too bad, too, because I did vote to re-elect him to the US senate once before, and might be among those who could be persuaded to vote for him again.  But my vote isn't for sale.  It must be earned.  Your team did not earn it.  George Bush did.

Just read this thread - look at what you're voting for!  People who believe there is such a thing as 'sin', and obsess endlessly over other people's private sex lifes - hating people who put it in one sort of hole and approving those who put it in another sort of hole.   You really want to make common cause with such people?  Do you really think your liberties are safe with them in charge?  You're playing a terribly dangerous game.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2004, 05:24:33 PM »

Didn't spend all summer (and probably a lifetime) saying that Rove and company should pursue a policy of pushing "moral values," saying palestinians were inferior people?  saying the white man was superior to all?  and that by bringing wrapping themselves up in God and The Flag, the GOP could ensure a victory by winning the hearts of the simple-minded folks out in the midwest? and then abruptly turn around and say all the simple-minded 'religious bigots' out in flyover country are fools for buying into that.  Didn't you then claim that you had an 'epiphany' which made you realize your elitism made you better suited to a Kerry supporter?  (okay, okay, I threw the phrase 'elitism' in there, but the rhetoric stands...)

All summer I pointed to the long-term problems that will be created by pursuing that course.  I still contend that it will be a long-term loser (though a short-term advantage).  You spent all spring arguing about what a great idea it was to kill innocent Iraqis.  You spent all spring arguing about how we needed to control the middle east because those simple-minded backward people could not control themselves.  I consistently argued about what a bad idea all those things were.  I still do.  Maybe we're in agreement on those points, maybe not. 

I haven't changed my mind about any of this.  Have you changed your mind?  Either you were just blowing smoke before, or you are now?  Am I misinterpreting something?

Leave off the religion for now.  As it isn't an issue that divides us, you and me.  Just look at what you were posting all summer.  Don't you detect even a hint of hypicrisy?  Just a tad maybe?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2004, 05:55:58 PM »

Didn't spend all summer (and probably a lifetime) saying that Rove and company should pursue a policy of pushing "moral values," saying palestinians were inferior people?  saying the white man was superior to all?  and that by bringing wrapping themselves up in God and The Flag, the GOP could ensure a victory by winning the hearts of the simple-minded folks out in the midwest? and then abruptly turn around and say all the simple-minded 'religious bigots' out in flyover country are fools for buying into that.  Didn't you then claim that you had an 'epiphany' which made you realize your elitism made you better suited to a Kerry supporter?  (okay, okay, I threw the phrase 'elitism' in there, but the rhetoric stands...)

All summer I pointed to the long-term problems that will be created by pursuing that course.  I still contend that it will be a long-term loser (though a short-term advantage).  You spent all spring arguing about what a great idea it was to kill innocent Iraqis.  You spent all spring arguing about how we needed to control the middle east because those simple-minded backward people could not control themselves.  I consistently argued about what a bad idea all those things were.  I still do.  Maybe we're in agreement on those points, maybe not. 

I haven't changed my mind about any of this.  Have you changed your mind?  Either you were just blowing smoke before, or you are now?  Am I misinterpreting something?

Leave off the religion for now.  As it isn't an issue that divides us, you and me.  Just look at what you were posting all summer.  Don't you detect even a hint of hypicrisy?  Just a tad maybe?

I see no inconsistency in my position - back then I argued for ruthlessly dealing with the Muslims.. the only change is now I realize the Christians - the enemy within - are a much, much bigger threat.   If you think about it my position is not that different - either way it is religion I fear.  I mean after all the Christians RUN this country, whereas the Muslims are weak and inconsequential. 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2004, 05:59:41 PM »

You know, the bulk of Christians that I know are decent people, and the bulk of Muslims that I know are decent people.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2004, 06:00:56 PM »

You know, the bulk of Christians that I know are decent people, and the bulk of Muslims that I know are decent people.

Fancy that.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2004, 06:02:51 PM »

Opebo..seriously quit the religious bigotry you're turning into a g troll.

Is he any more bigoted than you were when you actively have spoken in favor of 19060's style segregationists like GW and Strom Thurmond?

I SAID I AGREED WITH SOME OF THE THINGS THEY BELIEVED IN NOT ALL. GIVE ME A G BREAK.

you said that you would still be willing to vote for them though.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2004, 06:04:35 PM »

Fancy that.

I'm trying to figure out where all these enemies are that bopeepo seems to be seeing.  I'm getting the feeling that they exist only in his brain.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2004, 06:26:38 PM »

Opebo..seriously quit the religious bigotry you're turning into a g troll.

Is he any more bigoted than you were when you actively have spoken in favor of 19060's style segregationists like GW and Strom Thurmond?

I SAID I AGREED WITH SOME OF THE THINGS THEY BELIEVED IN NOT ALL. GIVE ME A G BREAK.

you said that you would still be willing to vote for them though.

Your point? You people are so hopeless to argue with.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2004, 06:28:02 PM »

so you have no problem voting for outright racists. That's pretty bigoted.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2004, 06:42:36 PM »

so you have no problem voting for outright racists. That's pretty bigoted.

Obviously you still don't get it. IF I lived in the deep south in the 1960s I would obviously have voted for these gentlemen. If they held these views today I WOULD NOT VOTE FOR THEM. Get it? Got it? good.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2004, 08:03:26 PM »

I would have voted for Lincoln in 1860, and he wanted to send all the Black people to Africa (Liberia).
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2004, 09:43:13 PM »

San Francisco County, CA

Kerry (D)  -  222,013  83%
Bush (R)   -    41,157  16%
Cobb (G)  -      1,311  1%
Badnarik (L) -  1,059  0%

Can you beat that? 

It makes me proud.

fb

The fact that you are proud about San Fran makes me wonder where we went wrong with you.  That city is in desperate need of a conservative leader.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2004, 10:07:31 PM »
« Edited: November 06, 2004, 10:10:09 PM by Richius »

Actaully no. You can prove people are born Black, you cannot prove people are born homosexual. Until you can, Statesrights is entitled to his opinion.

But people can become unblack.  Look at Michael Jackson.

Plus I bet some whacko scientist has done something chemical to figure out that people are born gay.
You are not born gay.  I am bisexual, and my twin brother is not.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2004, 10:08:52 PM »

Then by your logic people can become ungay, correct?

No there is no scientific evidence to suggest gays are born gay. It's an unprovable theory.

Take it from a common sense point of view, if you have any.

Would anyone CHOOSE to be gay?  Choose to be denied marraige rights?  Choose to put themselves in a siuation where having sex is illegal?
Why choose?  Because it is more fun.  And more sex.  And no expensive girlfriends.  No "just hold me" crap.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #90 on: November 06, 2004, 10:16:13 PM »

No there is no scientific evidence to suggest gays are born gay. It's an unprovable theory.

Would anyone CHOOSE to be gay?  Choose to be denied marraige rights?  Choose to put themselves in a siuation where having sex is illegal?
Why choose?  Because it is more fun.  And more sex.  And no expensive girlfriends.  No "just hold me" crap.

Personally, I like the "just hold be crap!"

Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2004, 11:38:55 PM »

You hit the nail on the head yet again, Tweed.

Though of course the same sort of mental disorder applies to all of Them.

Mormonism is a mental disorder?  See, this is why you guys are not winning elections.  You proclaim religious freedom for all, as long as it is only a concept and no one takes you up on that offer.  I get the feeling that Democrats feel democracy is good only if hundreds of thousands of born-again Christians don't turn up to vote.

You can't have it both ways.  Keep this attitude up and you will never win an election for the rest of your lives.

'Born again' Christians should have to wait 18 years before they can vote.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2004, 11:44:11 PM »

San Francisco County, CA

Kerry (D)  -  222,013  83%
Bush (R)   -    41,157  16%
Cobb (G)  -      1,311  1%
Badnarik (L) -  1,059  0%

Can you beat that? 

It makes me proud.

fb

The fact that you are proud about San Fran makes me wonder where we went wrong with you.  That city is in desperate need of a conservative leader.

why? it's a very nice place to live.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2004, 12:46:53 AM »

Personally, I like the "just hold be crap!"

Me too, provided it isn't instead of sex, but rather in addition to. 

The advantage of having a boyfriend: neither of us will ever get an abortion. Hehe.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2004, 01:00:02 AM »

Cut Bosstwerp[/i] some slack he's only 13.
Christopher
Canada

« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2004, 01:00:45 AM »

You hit the nail on the head yet again, Tweed.

Though of course the same sort of mental disorder applies to all of Them.

Mormonism is a mental disorder?  See, this is why you guys are not winning elections.  You proclaim religious freedom for all, as long as it is only a concept and no one takes you up on that offer.  I get the feeling that Democrats feel democracy is good only if hundreds of thousands of born-again Christians don't turn up to vote.

You can't have it both ways.  Keep this attitude up and you will never win an election for the rest of your lives.

'Born again' Christians should have to wait 18 years before they can vote.

So much for Freedom of Religon eh...as an Agonsitic person I've learned that the people best served by the Fredom of Religon are people who are not religous or who are not the religion of the majority. Therefore intrusions on the rights of people (even if they are of the majority) due to their religion is dangerous to say the least. I really wish that some of the radical people on the left would understand that their outright hostitlity to religion is no more dangerous than some people's extreme devotion to it. I beleive in Fredom for all irregardless of their religion...or in my case (as in many others) the lack thereof!
Christopher
Canada

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2004, 01:06:17 AM »

Indeed....his name reflects one of America's dirtiest politicans in a long history (no offence, all nations have had their share)...
freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2004, 03:28:02 AM »

And it doubles your chances of finding a date on Saturday night. 

fb
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2004, 08:17:52 AM »

You slimy piece of dog waste, are you implying there's something wrong with being Mormon?  Are saying that being Mormon is something bad?  If you are, you are the biggest hypocrite on this forum, I take extreme offense to that.  How'd you like it if I went off yelling it's bad to be black, or it's bad to be hispanic because they're all dumb?  What'd you think of that?  It's exactly the same, what you just did to me.

You are a disgrace to yourself, any respect I ever had for you, went tumbling down the drain.  You are a despicable and arrogant worthless individual.

Are you born black?  Yes
Are you born hispanic?  Yes
Are you born mormon? No

Now I won't go around hating people because they are mormons.  I don't have a problem with the jeapordy guy, he's a good guy.  But I think utah is a terrible place to live because mormon areas like utah have some of the strangest people I've ever seen.

If you don't like it, fine.  I don't care.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2004, 10:22:12 AM »

You slimy piece of dog waste, are you implying there's something wrong with being Mormon?  Are saying that being Mormon is something bad?  If you are, you are the biggest hypocrite on this forum, I take extreme offense to that.  How'd you like it if I went off yelling it's bad to be black, or it's bad to be hispanic because they're all dumb?  What'd you think of that?  It's exactly the same, what you just did to me.

You are a disgrace to yourself, any respect I ever had for you, went tumbling down the drain.  You are a despicable and arrogant worthless individual.

Are you born black?  Yes
Are you born hispanic?  Yes
Are you born mormon? No

Now I won't go around hating people because they are mormons.  I don't have a problem with the jeapordy guy, he's a good guy.  But I think utah is a terrible place to live because mormon areas like utah have some of the strangest people I've ever seen.

If you don't like it, fine.  I don't care.
And I find it undesirable living in a city that will get you mugged twice a day, maybe killed, stabbed, and robbed.  New York City is not a nice place.  Neither is San Francisco.

On the other hand, how many times have you heard about sky high crime in Utah?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies