INTERNAL POLL DUMP (PUT ALL INTERNAL HOUSE POLLS HERE) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:53:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  INTERNAL POLL DUMP (PUT ALL INTERNAL HOUSE POLLS HERE) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: INTERNAL POLL DUMP (PUT ALL INTERNAL HOUSE POLLS HERE)  (Read 174568 times)
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« on: September 03, 2010, 10:23:45 PM »

Grayson is brilliant. Watch him cruise to victory. People need to remember that he acts the way that he does for a reason and not because he is a loon. Grayson shows how fighting back against the Republicans works, although I dislike his methods. Grayson positions himself very well and actually manages to be on the right side of most if not all of the issues. I'd place a bet that more Grayson-like characters are going to start popping up in the Democratic Party, especially if Obama is defeated in 2012.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 05:34:24 PM »

Guess who won't be paying attention to this thread.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 06:55:04 PM »

Guess who won't be paying attention to this thread.

Internal polls are obviously inferior to regular polls, but they aren't completely worthless. Releasing internals showing yourself tied or trailing is tantamount to admitting that you will lose, though there are uncommon cases where they do it on purpose to get money from the national party for races that are not yet on the radar.

Point is, internals do contribute to developing one's picture of a particular race, though not in the same sense that regular polls do.
I know, it's just that it is really annoying to see people overreact to internals. It's obvious when a polls reflects what a certain candidate wants for fundraising. A good example is the internal showing Driehaus two points behind Chabot. All credible polls show Driehaus behind by at least 10 points. Chabot needed for the race to be thought of as tossup in order to get funding from the party and from individual donors. There is nothing credible about the poll, yet red avys got all excited. This applies to Republicans too.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 02:26:12 PM »

Kratovil is ahead of Harris? Wasn't that supposed to be like the most vulnerable seat in the nation?

It was in the top 30. When we see anomalies like this, one needs to check if something odd and micro is going on in the district, or whether it might be just a bad poll, or whether something more systemic is going on, either in the state or regionally or nationally. I start off myself with the micro of course, after checking out whether the poll makes much sense.
You say this right after saying "wow" on the Meeks internal. Tongue
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »

Being down by 1 in your opponent's internal isn't that bad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies