Euro 2012 Qualifiers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:28:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Euro 2012 Qualifiers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30
Author Topic: Euro 2012 Qualifiers  (Read 72178 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2011, 10:30:06 AM »

About as well as they have done since John Charles retired, which is not very. Why?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Really no need for that, dear. I described Capello as a fascist because he appears to be one (as in: a supporter of fascism) and not because he's Italian.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2011, 10:36:44 AM »

Really no need for that, dear. I described Capello as a fascist because he appears to be one (as in: a supporter of fascism) and not because he's Italian.

I know Capello is a right winger but fascist? I can't help but think you exaggerated it to throw in another veiled jab. Just call him "Benito Capello" next time. You'll still be able to excuse it: "What? Fabio sounds like Benito."
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2011, 10:38:24 AM »

You ought to at least correct to foreigner's Welsh orthography, Alun. These mistakes happen.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2011, 10:46:18 AM »

I know Capello is a right winger but fascist? I can't help but think you exaggerated it to throw in another veiled jab.

Nah, I mean it in all seriousness. Based on some of the comments he's made in the past (stuff to do with Franco comes to mind immediately), he does appear to be a fascist.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Does it? I'll remember that; thanks. Learn something every day, don't you?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2011, 10:47:07 AM »

You ought to at least correct to foreigner's Welsh orthography, Alun. These mistakes happen.

This is true. The letter 'k' is no longer used for one thing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2011, 10:58:41 AM »

Damn. I wasn't going to put that in at first. Oh well. Almost dead on though.  Wink
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2011, 06:23:45 AM »

Damn. I wasn't going to put that in at first. Oh well. Almost dead on though.  Wink

No, not almost dead on. No way 'duyerbag' could ever be a Welsh word.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2011, 10:07:46 AM »

No, not almost dead on. No way 'duyerbag' could ever be a Welsh word.

I guess I didn't throw together enough random letters.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2011, 10:26:14 AM »

Today is Austria vs. Latvia.

Finally we have a country that we can beat, even if it's only a test game ... Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2011, 10:33:17 AM »

I think Germany will be the first non-host team to qualify with a win today at Azerbaijan. The real excitement of the day, of course, will be Italy vs. Ireland in a Friendly.  Smiley
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2011, 10:35:13 AM »

I think Germany will be the first non-host team to qualify with a win today at Azerbaijan. The real excitement of the day, of course, will be Italy vs. Ireland in a Friendly.  Smiley

Do you know if that is on TV?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2011, 10:40:31 AM »

Of course it is...in countries that appreciate the game. FSC and GolTV aren't covering it. I'm surprised that the local Irish Soccer pubs with satellite channels aren't covering it or at least they weren't when I checked. Anyway, you can watch it online - http://atdhe.ws/
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »

Of course it is...in countries that appreciate the game. FSC and GolTV aren't covering it. I'm surprised that the local Irish Soccer pubs with satellite channels aren't covering it or at least they weren't when I checked. Anyway, you can watch it online - http://atdhe.ws/

Yeah, I think since it is a friendly there is a lot less coverage. I'm trying to get some work done (or at least pretend to) so the the pub wasnt an option anyway:).  There is an Italian place not too far from me, but I wouldnt fit in (or be welcome) with the Gotti wannabes who frequent it.

Thanks for the link.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2011, 12:55:20 PM »

Yeah, I think since it is a friendly there is a lot less coverage. I'm trying to get some work done (or at least pretend to) so the the pub wasnt an option anyway:).  There is an Italian place not too far from me, but I wouldnt fit in (or be welcome) with the Gotti wannabes who frequent it.

Thanks for the link.

Sure, they get a lot less coverage but the pubs usually cover the games especially when there aren't any huge qualifiers going on at the same time. One of the most popular Soccer pubs is showing Sweden vs. Finland instead. It just doesn't make sense.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: June 07, 2011, 01:02:04 PM »

First half is over and Germany leads Azerbaijan 2:0, but they did not earn this kind of lead.

Like against Austria, Azerbaijan is even with them on a technical level and even had some really good chances, but the Germans with their luck are 2:0 ahead ... typical ! Tongue
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2011, 01:12:22 PM »

First half is over and Germany leads Azerbaijan 2:0, but they did not earn this kind of lead.

Like against Austria, Azerbaijan is even with them on a technical level and even had some really good chances, but the Germans with their luck are 2:0 ahead ... typical ! Tongue

It's not like Germany is playing anywhere near to full strength and potential. Opponents like Austria and Azerbaijan don't warrant that Wink
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2011, 01:29:48 PM »

Germany's not playing in top form, but to say that Azerbaijan is playing at their level is a stretch.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2011, 01:34:37 PM »

Germany's not playing in top form, but to say that Azerbaijan is playing at their level is a stretch.

I have watched the first half live and the German team had many troubles (false passes, weaknesses in the defense) that led almost to 2 goals by Azerbaijan. In 1 case Azerbaijan even hit the goal post, because 1 defense player made a very bad pass. Azerbaijan was also at least as actively playing as Germany. 1:1 would be a better count right now.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2011, 01:49:27 PM »

2-1 is probably a fair score.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2011, 02:08:29 PM »

And it was the score, for a few minutes. Then Germany scored in injury time again.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2011, 02:20:01 PM »

So in the end Germany playing like crap is still decidedly better than Azerbaijan, which is not a very radical conclusion.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »

Stop the presses! Forget Ireland being up 1-0 over Italy at halftime...Faroe Islands are beating Estonia 2-0 in the second half! This is great!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #147 on: June 07, 2011, 03:13:04 PM »

This will be the whopping fourth competitive win for the Faroe Islands in ten years. Estonia has totally collapsed.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2011, 03:20:17 PM »

What is Estonia?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2011, 03:53:42 PM »

Nice by Ireland.  Trap as them playing well.  Hopefully they can build on this come Sept. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies