Euro 2012 Qualifiers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:48:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Euro 2012 Qualifiers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Euro 2012 Qualifiers  (Read 72410 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« on: September 04, 2010, 02:29:50 PM »

France - Biélorussie

0 - 1

In Stade de France...

Yeah, everything is to build here...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 07:20:33 PM »

Also, I've been told that it wasn't referred to as the "Euro" until 1996, when it was held here in England.

Not sure, I think I remind of this yellow rabbit in 1992 (Sweden) in my football magazines, and iirc they called it Euro 1992, has to be checked.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 10:03:05 AM »

Oh maybe not in the logo, but as far as I remind people always said 'Euro', and it was called 'Euro' in media as well, then for everybody here it was 'Euro '92', I can't remind this as people saying or writing 'UEFA '92'.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 12:54:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure (though, hey, maybe I'm wrong) nobody called it "Euro" before UEFA started calling it that. Which was in 1996.

Ah! I found back a cover of the football magazine I read when I was a child:

In the top left: 'Euro 92'. Hey France might have launched the fashion. Grin

And it was even before '92:

And still before!

Was harder to find some cover for before with something mentioned about it, but the very few I found went 'Europa '80', which might had this name due to the fact it was in Italy.

tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 11:42:21 AM »

I'm pretty sure (though, hey, maybe I'm wrong) nobody called it "Euro" before UEFA started calling it that. Which was in 1996.

snippety-do

Well, nobody here anyhow. Cheesy

Yes, yes, that's what I thought you could be saying, was making the point for France, forgot to delete your quote. France has been avant-garde (once in a while...).

Well, about tonight's match, that's funny we go play Bosnia as if it was a major team and the favorite of the group and going like 'no, no, we're not eliminated yet, we still have a little chance, we have to try!'.

Laurent Blanc is very nice and open-minded, full of good will, but is the opposite of someone reassured and reassuring. Everything is to build here. Bosnia which seems to be offensive, dynamic, and with psychological assurance clearly is the favorite tonight, especially in Sarajevo.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 11:45:41 AM »

I don't think Ireland is looking good though, despite winning. Sorry Jas. Sad

You mean a 3-1 thrashing of mighty Andorra following a dogged 1-0 victory over Armenia hasn't sent shockwaves around Europe!?

lol. But I know the feeling.

But now: Yay France!

We won a match!!

Had been 7 matches it hadn't happen.

And we goaled with feet, actually, and by attacking! and with passes! all the stuffs!! we played football!!!

Yeah, dominated the whole match, lots of occasions, and some beautiful ones, especially in second half. The fact that Bosnia isn't a team with a über blocking defense might have helped, maybe, but we developed interesting things, especially in the attack and the middle. Now we have an attacker of reference, Benzema, and the Malouda-Benzema-Valbuena has been a pretty interesting attack, and the M'Vila-Diaby-Diarra a pretty solid middle.

Was only one match, and remains Bosnia, but still, it's different. Wasn't fan of them before but now I almost don't want that players like Ribéry and Evra (barred from playing several matches because of their behavior in South Africa) come back, we have several other good players that could better than them to make a team. Hope we will have friendly matches against strong teams to see more the worth of it.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 09:15:20 AM »

7 games without a goal; and 10 without a win

Sounds familiar to me...

Also, something is wrong, Faroe Islands, along with Romania and Switzerland, is our property normally.

Oh and, just after having found something strong in the middle, 2/3 of it is injured. Yay. Luckily attack still available.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 11:38:36 AM »

France. Smiley

The match has showed that now we have several possible good combinations for middle and attack. It still needs construction and automatisms, but something could be on its way...

And sometimes life is ironic to the point that after Romania we play Luxembourg.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 06:10:45 PM »

France. Smiley

The match has showed that now we have several possible good combinations for middle and attack. It still needs construction and automatisms, but something could be on its way...

And sometimes life is ironic to the point that after Romania we play Luxembourg.

From what I caught of the game (the last twenty or so minutes) the "new" French team really impressed me. Also seeing almost everyone in the stadium waving the tricolore was neat visually.

Damn it, they annoy me with that. For a very few years, each time there is a match in Stade de France, you can see all these very same French flags waved by so much people, would almost have a North Korean taste. IIrc it appeared a matter of time after Morocco and Tunisia played in Stade de France a few years ago, and there had been troubles during anthems, people booed the Marseillaise, and then politicians felts scandalized, that the anthem shouldn't be booed, etc. Seems spontaneous though, maybe since then they sell all those very same French flags for cheap close of the stadium, dunno...

Does the French team ever place home games outside of the Stade de France? Try spicing it up a little, guys.

Funny you said that precisely the day before France played in...Metz. Tongue

And yeah, France regularly plays outside of the Stade de France.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 06:49:23 PM »

And yeah, France regularly plays outside of the Stade de France.

Regularly plays outside? Every recent home game I've seen highlights of showed them there.

Yeah, last ones were there. Hey we were in psychological troubles, he needed home sweet home. Unless it's an other explanation...

Tbh, before Metz I can't recall when was the last one outside of Stade de France. But there have regularly be some yeah, biggest other spots being Marseille and Lyon, but others as well, Saint-Etienne, Lens, Nantes, for some that can be regularly chosen, sometimes even rather small cities could have been chosen, and once there even have been one in the very small Breton city of Guimgamp. Far more rarely, and maybe only once, at least in my memory, it can happen in overseas territories.

Well, most of the games that are not in the main stadium of the country, or in the 2 other biggest (Marseille and Lyon), use to be either small qualifiers (Faroe in Guimgamp), or friendly matches (Costa-Rica in Martinique).
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »

We can't help but beat Brazil.

1st half was boring, but 2nd half was quite good, France dominated all the way (the fact Brazilians had one red didn't help them, but that's what can happen when one plays taekwondo). Benzema was quite good too, and Jeremy Menez (AS Roma) could be a future good attacker, all of this with several injured players, we kept a good middle and a good defense.

This team could become interesting.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 03:22:15 PM »

Oh, Bosnia...

On s'était fait totalement balladé par eux au match retour, we didn't touch a ball, it was freaking luck we didn't lose against them. They have a beautiful and dynamic game, too bad they lost, and against Portugal moreover. I liked to imagine them as the big surprise of this Euro.
Hope they'll do it for World Cup.

The big surprise now would be that French players realize that playing with a ball is allowed...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 05:26:40 AM »

We are totally messy, unexperienced, and kinda 'psychologically blocked' but we could win that group I guess. I don't know much about Sweden nowadays' team though.

Wow at group B.

How disgracious. I wouldn't even know how to pronounce it this way.

Let's make shine the stars!

F**K!
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 03:34:18 PM »

Just turning Germany-France on.

Wow, what on Earth happening? France leads!

And I hear the goal is from the good Giroud, 1st time here as main attacker. Nice.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies