How can you be so stupid!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:00:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  How can you be so stupid!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How can you be so stupid!!  (Read 8143 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: November 07, 2004, 11:10:27 AM »

I have been in London, Paris and Stockholm last week. I just want you to know I havenīt met anyone who would have voted for Bush.

How can you be so stupid!!

well, when Londoners aren't busy reading about the tabloid antics of their aristocracy, and Parisians aren't busy supporting Jean-Marie Le Pen, and Stockholm folks aren't busy Lamenting the assassination of high-ranking Euro supporters, they certainly have an opportunity to offer their opinions.

What the hell is wrong with us?  We don't have a monarchy posing nude and existing on the backs of laborers.  We don't nearly elect ultranationalist bigots, then claim to be embarrassed about it, and we don't usually resort to political assassination when leaders offer support of currency changes.

But, maybe we should study and learn.  That'd make 'em happy in London, Stockholm, and Paris?  You really are quite naive.  And frustrated.  That's to be understood.  It is very likely that Kerry could be controlled better than Bush.  I suspect that's part of the reason he lost.  Shall we explain more?  Or is the last act in civilized debate to call another "stupid" and claim racial, religious, and moral superiority over the rest of the world?  After all, Europeans have been doing just that for the last 600 years, why stop now?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 04:47:13 PM »

I work with many guys from SAP-Germany (if you're in IT you are familiar with the company).  After 9/11 the general consensus was sympathy but also concern.  As one guy put it, "the Americans are going to go insane".  I assured him we would not.  I said, "we'll end up going into Afghanistan and tightening our security but we're not going insane".  Iraq didn't help my case.  After this election (and with how amazingly off the exit polls were in states with electronic voting) I'm thinking he may have been right.

Its funny those Germans knew America better than we know ourselves.  Maybe its because they had their own spell of national madness..

yeah, but they'll eventually get over it and toss Gerhard out.  Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 05:59:01 PM »

I have been in London, Paris and Stockholm last week. I just want you to know I havenīt met anyone who would have voted for Bush.

How can you be so stupid!!

I don't think its right that you call people stupid for voting for Bush despite his mediocrity and incompetence

Dave

clever rhetorical tool.  not sure what to make of it, but it certainly covers all the bases.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies