The Federal Unionization and Competitive Contracting Bill (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:44:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Federal Unionization and Competitive Contracting Bill (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Federal Unionization and Competitive Contracting Bill  (Read 9423 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 06, 2004, 07:40:26 PM »

I have some concerns with this bill, but mostly pendantic ones for now.  The language of the bill implies, altho it does not seem to require, that there will be a single union for all federal employees.  Also since there are already federal employee unions, I fail to see what, other than providing for the outsourcing of Federal jobs. this bill is supposed to accomplish, and given the author I find it difficult to believe that is its sole intent.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 08:18:23 PM »

Does Atlasia already have federal employee unions?

The usual default is to assume that unless we've done something to make Atlasia different from America its the same, and considering that  The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) has some 600,000 members and that The National Treasury Employees Union (NTEU) has some 150,000 plus there are probably others as well, I think it is safe to say that Atlasia has federal employee unions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies