AZ: Rasmussen: Brewer now @ 60% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:33:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  AZ: Rasmussen: Brewer now @ 60% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ: Rasmussen: Brewer now @ 60%  (Read 4390 times)
Dgov
United States

« on: September 08, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »

This is post-debate? Uh, okay. Arizona... moar like lolizona, amirite?

Um, would you change your vote if in the first Gubernatorial debate in New York Cuomo makes a stupid gaffe?  Somehow i don't think so.

Democrats have shot themselves in the foot in AZ for a least this cycle--the state has enough ideologically Conservative voters to put Brewer over the top barring a live girl/dead boy incident.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:58:20 PM »

This is post-debate? Uh, okay. Arizona... moar like lolizona, amirite?

Um, would you change your vote if in the first Gubernatorial debate in New York Cuomo makes a stupid gaffe?  Somehow i don't think so.

If Cuomo made a comment about headless bodies lying around the state when all of the evidence was to the contrary, I would certainly not be inclined to vote for him.

And yet . . . . you would do it in the end.  You'd justify it by saying that it was to prevent those evil Republicans from taking power, or something or other, but you would almost certainly vote Democrat in the end.

Arizonians aren't interested in putting a Liberal Democrat in their governor's office, especially given their immigration problem, no matter how overstated you claim it to be.  If you're going to claim that this is because they're a bunch of racist hate-mongers who want to murder every person with so much as a tan rather than people concerned about potential spillover violence from Mexico, that's your problem, not theirs.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »

This election is making me question the value of democracy.

This election should make you question the intelligence of Obama more than anything else.  There's no other reason why all this is occurring.

No, not really.  He needs something to scare Hispanics to the polls after all, and RAWR ARIZONA IS RACIST works fine for that purpose.  Significant numbers of people still think that this is going to be apartheid-Arizona edition after all.
Dgov
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 05:35:12 PM »

This election is making me question the value of democracy.

This election should make you question the intelligence of Obama more than anything else.  There's no other reason why all this is occurring.

No, not really.  He needs something to scare Hispanics to the polls after all, and RAWR ARIZONA IS RACIST works fine for that purpose.  Significant numbers of people still think that this is going to be apartheid-Arizona edition after all.

You're missing the point.  Obama's actions have made it such that Brewer will be elected regardless of how incompetent she is or looks like because the battle is not Brewer v. Goddard, it is Arizona v. DC.

And don't think this doesn't impact all other races in Arizona.

Besides, how is this getting Hispanics to the polls?  I don't see any evidence of that.

And Your missing my point.  Obama made a conscious choice to get involved here, knowing full well that it would probably doom the Democrat's chances here for a long time.  Obama is not the kind of politician to make these kind of choices without thinking there would be some benefit for him in the long run, in this case some increased Hispanic support or turnout.  That hasn't really occurred (Gallup polled voting intentions before and after the law, and found the only significant movement was that Blacks moved a few points towards the GOP), but Obama probably thought that it would.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies