New ranking of most Democratic and Republican states
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:40:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  New ranking of most Democratic and Republican states
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: New ranking of most Democratic and Republican states  (Read 25462 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2004, 03:30:17 PM »

[glow=color,glow width, #characters wide]Calm Down Please![/glow]
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2004, 03:31:51 PM »

I think it's time for a general calm down...

Supersoulty, I think he got affected by discussing gay rights with StatesRights and Brambilla for, well, hours. I can feel the same effect on myself...sometimes when one is in the middle of a heated discussion the heat and anger gets carried over to another topic and hits someone else. I agree CTguy went overboard, but I think there's a reason for it...

So why does he have to take it out on me.  Jesus.  You guys know that I'm not a bomb throwing conservative right-winger, but now he is attacking me on multiple threads.

I know that, but he hasn't been around as long...I am not saying that he's right, I think he went too far, I just explained to you why I think that is. He's been enduring gay-bashing on a few other threads for too long...

Well, I don't engage in that.  Most conservatives on this forum don't engage in that, so why is he flying off the handle and calling us all extreme and saying that we ALL have secret plans.  I've lost my tempor to in the past, but never without good reason and i never directed my anger against anyone who wasn't the reason I was angry.  This guy has seriously just become YOUR PD, here.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2004, 03:37:31 PM »

I think it's time for a general calm down...

Supersoulty, I think he got affected by discussing gay rights with StatesRights and Brambilla for, well, hours. I can feel the same effect on myself...sometimes when one is in the middle of a heated discussion the heat and anger gets carried over to another topic and hits someone else. I agree CTguy went overboard, but I think there's a reason for it...

So why does he have to take it out on me.  Jesus.  You guys know that I'm not a bomb throwing conservative right-winger, but now he is attacking me on multiple threads.

I know that, but he hasn't been around as long...I am not saying that he's right, I think he went too far, I just explained to you why I think that is. He's been enduring gay-bashing on a few other threads for too long...

Well, I don't engage in that.  Most conservatives on this forum don't engage in that, so why is he flying off the handle and calling us all extreme and saying that we ALL have secret plans.  I've lost my tempor to in the past, but never without good reason and i never directed my anger against anyone who wasn't the reason I was angry.  This guy has seriously just become YOUR PD, here.

Lol, surely, it isn't THAT bad. Smiley He hasn't posted a lot before, from what I can tell. Most of his posts that I have seen have been discussing with only 2 Republicans, and they've both been gay-bashing. But I agree that anyone who fields secret-plan-conspiracies is losing his edge... Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2004, 03:45:58 PM »

But I agree that anyone who fields secret-plan-conspiracies is losing his edge... Smiley

Well that was my only point.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2004, 03:46:46 PM »

But I agree that anyone who fields secret-plan-conspiracies is losing his edge... Smiley

Well that was my only point.

OK, then we have a nice case of bi-partisan agreement to amke up for the conflict. Smiley
CTguy

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2004, 03:48:31 PM »

Funny how super has everyone feeling sorry for him, if you re-read the posts, he started with the personal attacks.  I merely told him if he's going to call me delusional, he should at least learn how to spell the word so he doesn't sound like a moron.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2004, 03:50:20 PM »

Funny how super has everyone feeling sorry for him, if you re-read the posts, he started with the personal attacks.  I merely told him if he's going to call me delusional, he should at least learn how to spell the word so he doesn't sound like a moron.

You know what, I don't have to dignify you with a response so I just won't.  Believe what you want.  Just don't bother me about it on other threads.
CTguy

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2004, 03:51:54 PM »

Please don't, I really don't feel like having biggots respond to my posts.  It is a waste of my time.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2004, 03:53:04 PM »

Please don't, I really don't feel like having biggots respond to my posts.  It is a waste of my time.

Where do you get the idea that Supersoulty is a bigot?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2004, 03:55:15 PM »

No, you made a delusional post and he told you that it was. That isn't really a personal attack...just like is isn't a personal attack to call people like StatesRights or Brambilla bigoted.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2004, 03:56:06 PM »

No, you made a delusional post and he told you that it was. That isn't really a personal attack...just like is isn't a personal attack to call people like StatesRights or Brambilla bigoted.

Thanks Gus.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2004, 03:57:19 PM »

Thanks Gus.

No problem. Smiley
dunn

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2004, 04:00:14 PM »

we kind of know Soulty and might not agree on few things but he is a great guy.
hell, back last month  I predicted he will be on the 2036 rep (real) ticket, leading the ticket that is....
Wink
CTguy

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2004, 04:01:12 PM »

My post was no-where near delusional..

But it's funny how I have been personally attacked repeatedly for being a New Englander...  The last time I checked most of the social problems in this country have originated from the South, yet if you say something against Southerners then you are a New England elitist.  
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2004, 04:02:02 PM »

hell, back last month  I predicted he will be on the 2036 rep (real) ticket, leading the ticket that is....
Wink

Thanks.  I missed that prediction, but thanks.  I feel the love guys, thank you.  Smiley
dunn

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2004, 04:04:48 PM »

Wink

Thanks.  I missed that prediction, but thanks.  I feel the love guys, thank you.  Smiley

Man, don't you remember, I said you will be 2 terms CA
governor (like Reagen). Your memory is short, maybe you'll be the vp option...
Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2004, 04:08:31 PM »

Wink

Smiley

LOL yes I remember now.  I think that by that time they will just abolish the Vice-presidency.  Smiley
dunn

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2004, 04:09:06 PM »

Wink

Smiley

LOL yes I remember now.  I think that by that time they will just abolish the Vice-presidency.  Smiley

lol
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2004, 04:09:06 PM »

But it's funny how I have been personally attacked repeatedly for being a New Englander...  The last time I checked most of the social problems in this country have originated from the South, yet if you say something against Southerners then you are a New England elitist.  

I agree with you on a lot of things, but if you allow yourself to resort to the same kind of argumentative technique you won't get a lot of respect. And all conspiracy-theories are delusional.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2004, 08:55:13 PM »

Because I think the Republicans are going to play up peoples prejudices and pound him with the reputation of "Northeastern liberal."

I think some on this board have shown that a lot of people in this country have contempt for people from the Northeast... especially New England.  

Even though I grew up in the South, I find it ridiculous when Southerners attack people for being from the Northeast. Let's just hope that these people would have voted for Bush regardless.

It is very true that most social problems (racism, sexism, homophobia, low education, high crime rate, etc.) are worse in the South. In high school, I did a project on SAT scores in N.C.. The only school systems that had decent SAT scores were places with a lot of Northern migrants. I live in a cosmopolitan part of N.C. and I must admit I feel very awkward in non-metro N.C.--you'll find much more tobacco and gun shops than Thai restaurants or Jewish synagogues.

Note: I'm not saying all Southerners should be looked down upon. I'm just saying that posts from Northeastern members of this forum (about the South) have been quite reasonable.
zachman

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2004, 09:04:16 PM »

I hate how national politics victimize the Northern Democrat. I can't stand it. I can't stand the attacks on me and people like Dean and Kerry of being Northeast liberals.
CTguy

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2004, 09:10:29 PM »

Because I think the Republicans are going to play up peoples prejudices and pound him with the reputation of "Northeastern liberal."

I think some on this board have shown that a lot of people in this country have contempt for people from the Northeast... especially New England.  

Even though I grew up in the South, I find it ridiculous when Southerners attack people for being from the Northeast. Let's just hope that these people would have voted for Bush regardless.

It is very true that most social problems (racism, sexism, homophobia, low education, high crime rate, etc.) are worse in the South. In high school, I did a project on SAT scores in N.C.. The only school systems that had decent SAT scores were places with a lot of Northern migrants. I live in a cosmopolitan part of N.C. and I must admit I feel very awkward in non-metro N.C.--you'll find much more tobacco and gun shops than Thai restaurants or Jewish synagogues.

Note: I'm not saying all Southerners should be looked down upon. I'm just saying that posts from Northeastern members of this forum (about the South) have been quite reasonable.

Thank you for that honest and frank post nclib.  It's about time somebody said that.
CTguy

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2004, 09:11:58 PM »

I agree with you on a lot of things, but if you allow yourself to resort to the same kind of argumentative technique you won't get a lot of respect. And all conspiracy-theories are delusional.

That's so ridiculous Gustaf I don't know where to begin.  All conspiracy theories are delusional?  In other words conspiracies don't exist.  If law enforcement thought the way you do half the mob would still be out on the streets.  What about watergate...  give me a break...  you take your pacifist nonsense too far.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2004, 09:19:16 PM »

I don't think Lieberman is a religious extremist.  And he remains very popular in Connecticut.

His opponent in 2000 was not a convicted child molester at the time.  Giordano was not considered a strong candidate, and was conspicuously not supported by Gov. Rowland, but the child molestation thing came out subsequent to the election.

The reason the Republicans ran him was because they couldn't get anybody stronger to run against Lieberman, because he was too popular.  So it was not Lieberman's weak opponent that led to his victory; it was his strength as a candidate that led to the opposition only being able to field such a weak opponent against him.

I'm not a huge fan of Lieberman, but those are the facts.
CTguy

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2004, 09:29:26 PM »

The fact is many people think Rowland and Lieberman have cut a deal to keep their seats since they are both pretty crappy and unpopular within their own parties.  

Lieberman is only popular because his pro-religion stands attract many republicans.  But I say, lets have a primary and see where the chips fall.  Democrats will realize he is far too conservative for Connecticut and choose someone else.  It's not like we need to worry about running centrists, Al Sharpton could win as a democrat in this state.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies