Anti-French violence in Ivory Coast. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:31:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Anti-French violence in Ivory Coast. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anti-French violence in Ivory Coast.  (Read 7357 times)
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« on: November 08, 2004, 05:51:56 PM »

France has its own Iraq.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3991241.stm
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 05:36:42 PM »

I didn't seriously claimed that this is France's Iraq, but there is some similarities. Both USA and France act because two reasons: Their national interests and idealism.

Mr Chirac acts because he wants protect French interest and increases French international influence and prestige.  Ironically it was only reason why he was against war on Iraq.  Two-faced bastard.
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 05:55:15 PM »

I didn't seriously claimed that this is France's Iraq, but there is some similarities. Both USA and France act because two reasons: Their national interests and idealism.

Mr Chirac acts because he wants protect French interest and increases French international influence and prestige.  Ironically it was only reason why he was against war on Iraq.  Two-faced bastard.
I disagree (not completely, though). The mission in Cote D'Ivoire is a UN-mission and only a peacekeeping mission, not even a peacecreating mission. But when it comes to keeping the peace in the former colonies in Africa, France has never been shy, hence the not comepletely Wink
The biggest reason why France has troops in Ivory Coast is thousands of French citizens living in there. Nothing bad about this. France should protect its own people. But Chirac's Iraq politics is about their own international prestige and influence. I become sick when I hear people praising France for their Iraq politics. But it only proves that Chirac has reached his goal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies