DE: CNN/Time: Coons will likely be the next Senator from Delaware
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:47:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  DE: CNN/Time: Coons will likely be the next Senator from Delaware
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DE: CNN/Time: Coons will likely be the next Senator from Delaware  (Read 2186 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »

New Poll: Delaware Senator (Special) by CNN/Time on 2010-09-21

Summary: D: 55%, R: 39%, I: 4%, U: 2%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 04:43:25 PM »

They also polled a Coons/Castle matchup...

Castle: 55%
Coons: 37%
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 04:46:16 PM »

yeah, ODonnell needs to go away.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 04:47:01 PM »

Weren't you talking about how Castle needed to be defeated?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 05:21:31 PM »

Weren't you talking about how Castle needed to be defeated?

yup, he was cheering on the O'Donnell victory.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »

I thought the Tea Party Wave was going to carry her to victory? What happened?

She's already off your Love List? Is it because she's a witch or whatever?
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 06:38:27 PM »

Probably. You know how Bible-thumping crypto-fascists can be.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 06:51:38 PM »

I'd expect it to close, but Coons has it.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 08:35:21 PM »

Just plain morons. I don't understand why republicans in Delaware would be willing to sacrifice a chance to gain a statewide race to have O'Donnell lose in a landslide.

Does anyone think castle would gave lost a primary if he had stayed where he was and sought another term in the house?
sg0508
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 11:04:53 PM »

Just plain morons. I don't understand why republicans in Delaware would be willing to sacrifice a chance to gain a statewide race to have O'Donnell lose in a landslide.

Does anyone think castle would gave lost a primary if he had stayed where he was and sought another term in the house?
Here is the problem with those that still favor the moderate wing of the party.  Talk to some from the right.  They don't give a s..t if they lose the general, as long as their views are represented.  They would rather lose the general and win the primary to make a point.  It's that kind of arrogance, ignorance and idiocy that will doom the party for decades to come.  The "my way or the highway" deal will turn millions of voters away from the GOP.  They won't win anything, even if they pick up a few new seats this year, which of course the idiots will say they did either way.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 11:05:49 PM »

I think you need to go away after your incomprehensible nonsense that night of the primary.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 11:12:11 PM »

I'm still waiting for an explanation from jamfest.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 11:25:50 PM »

Here is the problem with those that still favor the moderate wing of the party.  Talk to some from the right.  They don't give a s..t if they lose the general, as long as their views are represented.  They would rather lose the general and win the primary to make a point.  It's that kind of arrogance, ignorance and idiocy that will doom the party for decades to come.  The "my way or the highway" deal will turn millions of voters away from the GOP.  They won't win anything, even if they pick up a few new seats this year, which of course the idiots will say they did either way.

^^ This.  They really don't care.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 11:30:05 PM »

Why should people put party over principle? If a candidate doesn't represent someone's values, there's no reason he or she should be forced to support them or else be accused of "arrogance, ignorance, and idiocy".
sg0508
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 11:56:13 PM »

Why should people put party over principle? If a candidate doesn't represent someone's values, there's no reason he or she should be forced to support them or else be accused of "arrogance, ignorance, and idiocy".
Well, you think you have a better shot getting what you want if you give your party no chance to win the seat? Hello, McFly...anybody home?
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 10:12:44 PM »

1)   Castle needed to lose to keep the current RINO senators in line.
2)   If ODonnel doesn’t have a chance, then she needs to lose quietly.
3)   It doesn’t bother me that she dabbled in witchcraft in her youth.  I did a lot of things in my youth that I am not proud of either.

She appears to have falling further behind, so she simply needs to go down quietly.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 10:20:19 PM »

What is per se wrong with witchcraft again?  Just asking.  I mean, well, are other religions really that much better?

Yes, I know, coven members might have a difficult time winning votes in the public square. But that does not mean that we have to go with the crowd does it? 
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 10:25:34 PM »

1)   Castle needed to lose to keep the current RINO senators in line.
2)   If ODonnel doesn’t have a chance, then she needs to lose quietly.
3)   It doesn’t bother me that she dabbled in witchcraft in her youth.  I did a lot of things in my youth that I am not proud of either.

She appears to have falling further behind, so she simply needs to go down quietly.

Ah, so you did give up on her. Good to know.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »

O'Donnell should move to Massachusetts and challenge Tierney in MA-06.  She would have a built in base in Salem.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/MA-06_congressional_district.png
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 11:43:19 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2010, 05:27:20 AM by auburntiger »

Here is the problem with those that still favor the moderate wing of the party.  Talk to some from the right.  They don't give a s..t if they lose the general, as long as their views are represented.  They would rather lose the general and win the primary to make a point.  It's that kind of arrogance, ignorance and idiocy that will doom the party for decades to come.  The "my way or the highway" deal will turn millions of voters away from the GOP.  They won't win anything, even if they pick up a few new seats this year, which of course the idiots will say they did either way.

Well, you think you have a better shot getting what you want if you give your party no chance to win the seat? Hello, McFly...anybody home?

Looking on the bright side, we can win the senate without winning Delaware now that Wisconsin and West Virginia look possible. Thing is we have to defeat Reid now AND defeat either Boxer or Murray.

...so, piss on Delaware and focus on WI and WV. Christine O'Donnell I feel would be a horrible senator, and if she doesn't crack 40%, I'm "ok" with that, just to make a point of ridiculous nominating her was.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 11:50:04 PM »

What is per se wrong with witchcraft again?  Just asking.  I mean, well, are other religions really that much better?

Yes, I know, coven members might have a difficult time winning votes in the public square. But that does not mean that we have to go with the crowd does it? 

Nothing's wrong with witchcraft. In fact, Wicca is seen as a legitimate left-wing religion. I remember back in 2005 when Bill O'Reilly had a paranoid rant about it the way conservatives rant about Islam these days. The fact that she dabbled in it I have no problem with. It makes her look hypocritical possibly, but it's not a big issue. It's like the fact that Coons used to be a Reagan Republican, in a lot of ways.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 12:10:17 AM »

Nothing's wrong with witchcraft. In fact, Wicca is seen as a legitimate left-wing religion. I remember back in 2005 when Bill O'Reilly had a paranoid rant about it the way conservatives rant about Islam these days. The fact that she dabbled in it I have no problem with. It makes her look hypocritical possibly, but it's not a big issue. It's like the fact that Coons used to be a Reagan Republican, in a lot of ways.

Some of the Wiccans I know are actually conservative Republicans. Ex-military types and the like. The problem with O'Donnell is her going from the extremes of blood sacrificing pagan to Torquemada redeux within a single lifetime without explanation makes her seem like a rampant drama queen at best, or just plain unhinged at worst.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 11:59:15 AM »

Ugh. Just disappointing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: