Govts and cyber attacks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:07:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Govts and cyber attacks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Govts and cyber attacks  (Read 1642 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: May 30, 2012, 03:02:50 PM »

I wonder who would be interested in screwing with Iran, and those Arab countries and Israel.  Is this military data or is it mainly civilian?

According to Kapersky, "we only found traces of good English used inside the code", so probably not an English-speaking nation. If I had to guess, I'd say Israel.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 05:37:20 PM »

I wonder who would be interested in screwing with Iran, and those Arab countries and Israel.  Is this military data or is it mainly civilian?

According to Kapersky, "we only found traces of good English used inside the code", so probably not an English-speaking nation. If I had to guess, I'd say Israel.
But isn't Israel one of the targets? 

Yes, but look at what it does... It gets into sensitive Israeli computer systems and sends classified Israeli government data to the Israeli government, and with a few computers infected, they can say it's not them.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 08:20:17 PM »

So...huh....using that same logic, why couldn't it be Iran or one of those Arab countries doing the same thing?

Because most likely an Iran, Syria, or Sudan does not have the capability to make a virus this complex. It'd take a nation with sufficiently advanced technology and will to do such, such as Israel, the US, or a major European power (think France, Germany, or the UK). Iran really doesn't have that level of technological advancement, nor does any of the Arab countries (except the Saudis).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies