WashPost - Kerry in 2008?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:02:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  WashPost - Kerry in 2008?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WashPost - Kerry in 2008?  (Read 7796 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2004, 03:59:56 PM »

There was speculation Gore would run again in 2004.

I think Gore was one of the People that could have beat bush This Year. But I would rather have Kery than Gore any day.

I'm not sure.  His behavior over the past few years has been very erratic, and that might have spooked some of his earlier supporters.

Besides, all the GOP had to do was run the "mountain man" images of Gore from the year following his defeat, and that would have scared all women voters away.  *laughs*
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2004, 04:26:27 PM »

I think Gore was one of the People that could have beat bush This Year. But I would rather have Kery than Gore any day.

I'm not sure.  His behavior over the past few years has been very erratic, and that might have spooked some of his earlier supporters.

Besides, all the GOP had to do was run the "mountain man" images of Gore from the year following his defeat, and that would have scared all women voters away.  *laughs*

Hey MODU,

Do you know where, if I can, get a copy of gores speech in which he said, "They Betrayed US!!!"? I want to use it as my AIM sound. If anyone can help I would be grateful.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2004, 06:01:56 PM »

Jeb has his brother's name problem, otherwise he'd be the perfect candidate.  Still has a shot if he wants it.

Stop stealing my lines!!!!!

Pawlenty's a bit young, isn't he?  We need to elect a 50's candidate before we turn to the 60's imo.

If it's not Rudy/McCain/Owens/Jeb...then maybe Tommy Thompson?

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2004, 06:06:25 PM »

2008 could be ver interesting.  We could see Gore and Kerry back for the Dems, along with Edwards and HIllary.  Go ahead and pick an early favorite out of them.

As to the republicans, Rudy or McCain have no chances at all to be nominated. The Religious Right won't approve them.

I'm a Republican, and I wouldn't be hesitant to vote for either of those people.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2004, 07:15:55 PM »

Maybe the GOP should nominate Santorum or Guilliani and LIEBERMAN!! Smiley
struct310
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2004, 08:08:31 PM »

Whats this with the Gore would have beat Bush this year from all the Reps? Come on guys...

"He betrayyyyed this country.  He took the lahves(lives) of..."
"How dare he, how dare he...."

Hes worse than screechin Dean.

As for 2008, heres who will be up...

Reps-
Owens
McCain
Romney
Sanford
Dole
Hutchinson(she has hinted at a run)*
Guiliani
Pataki

Dems-
Biden
Bayh*
Clinton
Edwards
Dean
Richardson

*for my fav. for each
chadnat1019
Rookie

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2004, 09:49:32 PM »

Mr. Kerry, Your no Ronald Reagan!
Nor will you ever will be
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2004, 08:11:22 AM »

Hey MODU,

Do you know where, if I can, get a copy of gores speech in which he said, "They Betrayed US!!!"? I want to use it as my AIM sound. If anyone can help I would be grateful.

I did a quick look, and did not find the video.  MoveOn.org has some of his video's on their site, and I believe his ranting was at a MoveOn event, so you might want to check there.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2004, 05:03:42 PM »

Whats this with the Gore would have beat Bush this year from all the Reps? Come on guys...

Reps-
Owens
McCain
Romney
Sanford
Dole
Guiliani
Pataki

Dems-
Biden
Bayh*
Clinton
Edwards
Dean
Richardson

*for my fav. for each

nice list ya got there, hoss.   You like Ms Hutchinson?  For political, reasons, may I ask (as in:  white female GOP candidate a sure winner), or do you fancy her positions?
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2004, 05:43:21 PM »

No mention of Rice yet?  It would be hard to discount her as a possibility if she takes over as Sec. of State for four years.

Kerry would be pushing the practical age limit if he ran again.  So would McCain.  It’s not a show stopper, but it is a factor.

The biggest impediment to a Kerry rerun has yet to appear: the fact that many Dems will start to blame Kerry for losing after they get tired of bashing the electorate.  It was the same story with Gore: for the first few months all the anger was directed towards Bush for stealing the election, but soon Gore became the target.
Reds4

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2004, 12:19:14 AM »

I'd way rather have Kerry as President than Gore... and all of you who think after all that happened in 2000 that Gore would have beaten Bush now, I think you are all living dreamland. Bill Clinton probably, but Al Gore, no.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2004, 02:32:23 PM »

Not saying he won't run again.  But I just don't see him winning the Democratic Nomination again.  Nor do I see Gore ever having a chance again.  History has shown that once you lose a presidential election,  you're presidential hopes are more or less finished.  Yes there was Richard Nixon, but I think he was the exception to this rule.

In 1960 Richard Nixon actually won the Popular Vote (depending on how you count the "unpledged Democrat elector" votes in Alabama).  Of course, so did Gore, but the recount killed him.

I think some new "superstars" will emerge on both sides between now and 2007.  I mean, who outside of Texas even knew about George W in November 1996?  I mentioned to people back in 1998 (or even 1999) that he could be our next president, and people looked at me like I was insane.

The people who want it most are going to make a name for themselves, or change their positions to conform to the party line.  If Giulliani really wants the nod, he'll get more socially conservative, much as Dennis Kucinich mysteriously became Pro-Choice in 2002.  Bill Frist may push his way into the spotlight.

I think the GOP Senators have very little chance as long as the GOP is the majority party.  You get much more attention as part of the opposition.  For this reason Russ Feingold could emerge as the front-runner.  He would make an awesome candidate.

Bottom line: it's too early to tell right now.
George W. Bush
eversole_Adam

« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2004, 03:35:06 PM »

Reps-
Owens
McCain
Romney
Sanford
Dole
Guiliani
Pataki

Dems-
Biden
Bayh*
Clinton
Edwards
Dean
Richardson

*for my fav. for each

Owens- Will run, Good chance of winning.
McCain- Will not run.
Romney- Not sure.
Sanford- Wil run, Will not get the Nominee.
Dole- Will not run.
Hutchinson- Havent heard anything about it but I hope she does, She will get my vote.
Guiliani- Dont think he will run, MIGHT get the nomination.
Pataki- No clue.

Dems-
Biden-dont know.
Bayh- I think he will get the Nomination.
Clinton- Might run, Will NOT win.
Edwards- Will run, Will losse bigger than he did this year.
Dean- LOL, Who knows?
Richardson- Will get Killed in the General Election if he is Nominee, I think he could be a Vice President though.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies