Dollar Dropping Like a F-ing Rock! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:14:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Dollar Dropping Like a F-ing Rock! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dollar Dropping Like a F-ing Rock!  (Read 4445 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: November 09, 2004, 01:21:16 PM »

Yeah, the dollar's currently very low. I don't think it's at its lowest ever, though. If I remember correctly it was below 1,50 DM for a while in the early or mid 90s.
It's now something like 75-80 Euro cents, so still ahead of that mark. (One Euro = 1,96 DM)

correct.  but comparison to DM is tough, since it got permanently affixed to the european currency unit.  I note today that one dollar buys 105.6 yen.  That's damned low, but not the lowest ever.  Again, there are certainly advantages and disadvantages to this scenario.  The conservative approach is to maintain a strong dollar.  Currently they are not taking a conservative approach.  While I agree on one hand with Opebo's observation that real wealth falls, I am not among the 'wealthy' so it doesn't hit me as hard.  Also, I'm fairly diversified in foreign stocks as well.  The smart investor won't panic at this point.

the only time I panicked was just before 1-1-2000 when there were speculations of world-wide bank failures, airplanes falling out of the skies, general maddness following the so-called Y2K bug.  I got just paranoid enough to buy one troy pound of gold.  Today, I'm glad I did  Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 02:00:54 PM »

<voice from the past> Bring back the gold standard!!

105.7 now.  edged up a little.

Follow the yellow brick road!

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies