Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:21:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions  (Read 70081 times)
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2010, 05:33:17 AM »

My next idea is a Brazilian presidential contenders survivor, including all elections post-1945 (excluding cancelled elections) and all candidates winning over 1% of the vote (or maybe all candidates winning over 1% of the vote and/or being a major party candidate; if only because I want to include Aureliano "ingrown toenail" Chaves)

Fabien; any recommendations for this? Is now a good time to start it up?

A good time, yes, as the turnout is globally good and as you have huge fans of survivors (almost any of them...): homelycooking, Vazdul, Nhoj, Mr. X, Hans, Edu, you, me..., even if Magic has disappeared.
Kal may be convinced to really come back in survivors, even if his new fictional duties may again prevent him from doing it Grin.

The problem is more that the list may be long and mostly unknown.
But I think many of us will read and will be glad to learn on Brazilian politics. And your threshold is here to keep the list reasonable.
And even with a non-reasonable list (let's say... French cities ? Grin), our old pals are ready to be patient and vote and vote again... (thank you again, Hans, Nhoj and Edu ! Wink)

So, I'm sure it will have a little more success than my Sweden Prime ministers survivor Wink.
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »

I want to start at next:

Popes of Rome (Libertas started a long time ago, but it sleeps)

and

Asterix Adventures (I'm very a big fan of asterix since I was a child)
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2010, 03:57:59 PM »

Great, great, great.
Beware about the last adventures of Asterix, as some are only reprints.
I'll tell you if it's OK.
Anyway, I intend to oust every single Asterix which isn't written by Goscinny, as Uderzo behaves only as a money-lover piece of cr*p Tongue (and is bad at writing any good story).

Popes of Rome is up to you to resume or to restart completely.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2010, 04:00:57 PM »

Recommendation: Whether you resume it or restart it, don't make it single elimination (like it was before). It'll take forever.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2010, 04:08:57 PM »

Recommendation: Whether you resume it or restart it, don't make it single elimination (like it was before). It'll take forever.

I agree.
Either groups or elimination 3 by 3 or something like that.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2010, 07:09:23 PM »

I have to modify my comment:
Wormyguy (not surprisingly...) was the one who launched this new trend.
Sewer "just" made it even worse and added changes of votes after other forumers have voted.

Among trollers, I was wrong Wink.
Sorry for this, dear Sewer Grin.

Let's give back to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and to Pompeus what belongs to Pompeus Wink.

I don't have a problem with people changing votes. I myself have cast votes late in rounds so that I can see the current standings before I cast my vote, and I know others have done the same. This gives late voters a huge advantage, effectively allowing them to single-handedly decide the round in many cases. Allowing people to change their votes nullifies this advantage by giving the same opportunity to people who voted earlier.

The problem is that there is no limit in changing and someone can change after others change... And when you cast your vote, you like to think it's the good one.
Changing and voting late aren't the same thiongs at all.

And when you're among the first to vote, you have the advantage of setting a trend and forcing the others (especially when the turnout is low) to vote for your pick or for the only other one available...

Every manager is free to set his rules, of course.
I was just saying that changing while it's not very usual among other voters isn't fair.
But, of course, every thing which is not forbidden is allowed Wink !

I haven't set many rules when this board opened and that's a good thing.
And when many wanted new rules, strict rules, I was very moderate, as I knew we would have been bothered by the very rules we'd set because of partisan hacking and trollers.
I was right.
Better complete rules step by step and with circonspection Wink.
And let managers free !!

So many debates on what remains a time-killing game Grin !

I moved this discussion into the debate thread so as not to hijack the other threads.

In many ways you are right, which is why I haven't brought this issue up until now. I realize that there are problems with allowing people to change votes, but I still think it is the only way to nullify the advantage held by late voters. I've thought about other rules that could nullify that advantage, but I rejected all of them as unfair, especially since people who can't be online at any given moment might not have a choice but to vote late. I will continue to allow voters in my survivors to change their votes, unless that priviledge starts being abused.

In my opinion, a manager that abuses his powers is worse than a player who abuses his powers. I take great pride in being a fair manager of my survivors. To that end, I try to make sure that everyone is familiar with the rules in my survivors from the moment Round 1 opens, even going so far as to explain the rules of each individual round from the very beginning. It's also why I don't vote in survivors that I manage- I want to avoid the appearance of partiality. If I notice that someone hasn't voted properly, I let them know and give them time to change their vote to a proper one, even if I was about to close the round.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2010, 03:10:41 AM »

You're indeed a very fair and a very good manager.

I wouldn't be able not to vote in my own survivors, as I like them Grin !!!
I've got a small problem though, which is when to vote. As I control the t
ime when it's closed, I've chosen to vote early (usually I'm the first to vote): so I lose the advantage you talked about.
But, of course, nothing is perfect.

As for managers who abuses their powers, as a moderator, I think I can't do anything (provided they abide by this forum's rules, of course !) but invite everybody to boycott.
And that's what I've eventually done myself.
For the moment, survivors which have been tainted by some shenanigans were about NON-original ideas, so we don't really care...

But if it's needed, I'm ready to use my Kalashnikov Tongue.

I'm happy we've got a big pack of regular and honest voters, who are more interested in the game itself than in winners. That gives us a force which is the best guarantee for cleanness in the game !
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »

I agree.
Either groups or elimination 3 by 3 or something like that.

Don't worry Wink I'm a professional in the Survivor Games.

On the list of the Catholic Church are 263 Popes. I put them into 4 groups and it will give in the begin many double eliminations. I don't want that this Survivor have more rounds like the "Most influential Historical Figures Survivor"
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2010, 10:53:48 AM »

I've taken an option on Roman Emperors, guys: an awaited one, I think...
I even remember PiT refering to it in February, when he was still a regular voter. Maybe he'll come back Wink.

(and I've taken another option on NY Governors, BTW; hopefully, it will concentrate on governorship, not on careers beside or after this prestigious post...)

But I have to end 2 other survivors before... So, let's be patient !
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2010, 01:25:40 AM »

I even remember PiT refering to it in February, when he was still a regular voter. Maybe he'll come back Wink.

I can't speak for PiT, but I'd find a Roman Emperors Survivor highly enticing. Smiley
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2010, 04:58:38 AM »

I can't speak for PiT, but I'd find a Roman Emperors Survivor highly enticing. Smiley

You'll have to wait a bit, though.
As soon as my Asian countries survivor is over, I'll start it.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2010, 02:00:18 AM »

You'll have to wait a bit, though.
As soon as my Asian countries survivor is over, I'll start it.

I am nothing if not patient.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2010, 09:46:19 PM »

I abandon ship on the war/peace president ones.

I'd like to do a TIME Person of the Year Survivor after the 2010 one is announced, if that's ok.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »

I abandon ship on the war/peace president ones.

I'd like to do a TIME Person of the Year Survivor after the 2010 one is announced, if that's ok.

OK, but don't drop it, this time... this is always disappointing as people waste their time.
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2010, 04:42:58 PM »

We had survivors for elections in the US, UK and France. I plan a German democratic parliamentary elections survivor.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2010, 08:21:03 PM »

Fab, now that Libertas has been banned, may i manage his unfinished survivors?
As far as i rememeber he has the party candidates, the state mottos and the New England counties survivors.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2010, 08:53:53 PM »

As far as i rememeber he has the party candidates, the state mottos and the New England counties survivors.

New England Counties is pretty gruelling...and you have a long way to go on it. I'd love to see it finished, but you might want to change the rules to keep it moving along.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2010, 05:39:46 AM »

I don't want to bump the thread, but I'd be down for a Bond villains and/or girls survivor.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2010, 05:56:54 AM »

You're right on the list.

Go, go, go ! Smiley

And you can resume them but also RESTART them Wink
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2010, 05:59:31 AM »

I don't want to bump the thread, but I'd be down for a Bond villains and/or girls survivor.

You can take both of them.

Start them from the beginning, of course.

(the previous failed attempts remain in the Off-topic board anyway and they fail very, very early, so no need to try to revive the past here !)
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2010, 06:47:25 AM »

(the previous failed attempts remain in the Off-topic board anyway and they fail very, very early, so no need to try to revive the past here !)

Not a problem. 

As homelycooking was the one who floated the idea of doing another Bond survivor, I'll hold off on starting them until I get his go-ahead; I'm not sure if he's not interested or currently too busy to manage them.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »

Not a problem. 

As homelycooking was the one who floated the idea of doing another Bond survivor, I'll hold off on starting them until I get his go-ahead; I'm not sure if he's not interested or currently too busy to manage them.
I'm in the middle of three survivors: anything you want to do with Bond is yours for the taking.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2010, 01:35:18 AM »

New England Counties is pretty gruelling...and you have a long way to go on it. I'd love to see it finished, but you might want to change the rules to keep it moving along.

You are probably right. To be honest, i'm not that interested in that survivor anyway Tongue

I think i'll take Fab's suggestion and tomorrow (well, today if it's already sunday for you) i'll start the presidential candidates survivors from scratch Smiley
They will be my first tournaments managed, i'm so excited Grin Tongue
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2010, 06:05:55 AM »

Not a problem. 

I'm in the middle of three survivors: anything you want to do with Bond is yours for the taking.

Cool.  I'll start them up in a day or two.

On a related not, I'm debating doing a Bond henchmen survivor, but I'm thinking about waiting until one of the other two is complete to avoid creating Bond fatigue.  Anyone have any thoughts of any kind on that?
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2010, 07:49:54 PM »

I say do Bond villains first, then if interest is high enough, proceed on with girls or henchmen.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies