Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:22:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  Survivor
  Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Debates, proposals, complaints, (dis)agreement with moderator's decisions  (Read 70208 times)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« on: December 03, 2010, 08:53:53 PM »

Fab, now that Libertas has been banned, may i manage his unfinished survivors?
As far as i rememeber he has the party candidates, the state mottos and the New England counties survivors.

New England Counties is pretty gruelling...and you have a long way to go on it. I'd love to see it finished, but you might want to change the rules to keep it moving along.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 09:36:48 AM »

I don't want to bump the thread, but I'd be down for a Bond villains and/or girls survivor.

You can take both of them.

Start them from the beginning, of course.

(the previous failed attempts remain in the Off-topic board anyway and they fail very, very early, so no need to try to revive the past here !)

Not a problem. 

As homelycooking was the one who floated the idea of doing another Bond survivor, I'll hold off on starting them until I get his go-ahead; I'm not sure if he's not interested or currently too busy to manage them.
I'm in the middle of three survivors: anything you want to do with Bond is yours for the taking.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 07:49:54 PM »

I say do Bond villains first, then if interest is high enough, proceed on with girls or henchmen.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 12:55:31 PM »

Would anyone be interested in a literary survivor involving the novels of, say, Dostoyevsky or Burgess or Nabokov (my favorite), or more contemporary writers like Grisham or Crichton? Or would anyone like to suggest something? Ideally we would have a survivor on a writer whose works many people have read.

I was also thinking of doing something with Ayn Rand, because I hate her so much.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 10:05:22 PM »

Not for me.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 10:02:26 AM »

I think that bbf objected to that survivor because of its primary focus on athletics. It's just very hard to draw bright lines demarcating where "geography" and "history", encouraged themes, begin and where discouraged ones like athletics or popular culture (I suppose) end.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 08:30:35 PM »

- And there is the idea of homelycooking, suggesting that each forumer proposes a short list of survivors and the moderator pick one for each. I’m not sure that would be really different and that unhappiness would be lower Wink.

bbf, I also suggested that instead of moderator's decision, the weekly survivor proposals could be put to a vote with moderator veto.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 09:45:34 AM »

Vazdul's proposal is acceptable to me.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 09:55:55 PM »

About the signatures survivors. I agree that these are off-topic, but the two currently open should be allowed to run their course. As I've said before, however, Vazdul's proposal is acceptable to me.

(bbf, go ahead and delete the Ivy League survivor. I was really just looking for a way to try out the tournament-elimination method, and I'm sure I can find some better topic.)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 05:56:59 PM »

A procedural point, bbf: put me down for a New York counties survivor. As soon as MN counties are done, I'll run that one (but at a much faster pace than MN)
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 08:44:32 AM »

I am waiting for Hans to vote in my survivors before I update them, since he's been one of the best patrons of the Corporations and Signatures survivors.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 08:55:58 AM »

Any interest in a survivor for the chemical elements?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies