CEOs less willing to hire, sales a worry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:07:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  CEOs less willing to hire, sales a worry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CEOs less willing to hire, sales a worry  (Read 2118 times)
Frink
Lafayette53
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -6.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 07:49:56 PM »

I should know better than to engage here, but....

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Since he started he's proposed a stimulus, increased availability of small business loans (via the SBA), an infrastructure spending bank, and continued tax breaks (albeit only for the middle and working class). Now to me he should have done a lot more when he had a chance, but he's proposed a few "reasonable measures" at the least.

Without harping on the meme, what would a genuine stimulus package have looked like to you?

Your right that's not fair. He should mix taking responsibility for his own actions and failures with demonizing Alan Greenspan.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 11:27:11 PM »

Porkulus was a liberal spending project rather than a genuine stimulus package.

Well, actually 'liberal spending project' is the same thing as 'stimulus', carlhayden, though you are quite correct, the stimulus bill was so small that it couldn't have helped (or hurt) much.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 01:21:22 AM »

I should know better than to engage here, but....

Quote from: Restricted

Since he started he's proposed a stimulus, increased availability of small business loans (via the SBA), an infrastructure spending bank, and continued tax breaks (albeit only for the middle and working class). Now to me he should have done a lot more when he had a chance, but he's proposed a few "reasonable measures" at the least.

Without harping on the meme, what would a genuine stimulus package have looked like to you?

Your right that's not fair. He should mix taking responsibility for his own actions and failures with demonizing Alan Greenspan.

When it was pending before Congress, I posted a table of contents, and analysis of Porkulus.  The bill was not a stimulus program, but rather a lot a spending for liberal programs.

A genuine stimulus package would have included much more money for infrastructure, particularly transportation, and a lot less for liberal social programs, for one example.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 02:51:48 PM »

A genuine stimulus package would have included much more money for infrastructure, particularly transportation, and a lot less for liberal social programs, for one example.

No, social programs are far more stimulative than infrastructure spending, Carlhaeden.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies