WA: Rasmussen: Rossi (R) makes a comeback against Murray (D) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:13:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  WA: Rasmussen: Rossi (R) makes a comeback against Murray (D) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA: Rasmussen: Rossi (R) makes a comeback against Murray (D)  (Read 4485 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: September 30, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »

Angle, however warped, would be 1% of 1/2 of 1/3rd of the power apparatus in Washington.  By herself she can do very little damage.

I brought this up before when somebody else said this, but a single backbench senator (Jim Bunning) was single-handedly able to hold up the payment of unemployment benefits for about a week, despite opposition from pretty much all of his colleagues, within and without his party.  A single senator still retains significant (potentially harmful, as in this case) power.

On a personal note, although I'm no fan of Harry Reid, I do not want that teabagger representing me in the Senate.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 12:54:56 PM »

I brought this up before when somebody else said this, but a single backbench senator (Jim Bunning) was single-handedly able to hold up the payment of unemployment benefits for about a week, despite opposition from pretty much all of his colleagues, within and without his party.  A single senator still retains significant (potentially harmful, as in this case) power.

Comparing what Angle could potentially do for a week to what Harry Reid has done for the last four years is ridiculous.

That's a matter of opinion.  I don't consider Reid to be as bad as you do, and has the added advantage of not being a teabagger.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 03:27:07 PM »

Then it appears you misread my initial post.  I was simply refuting The Vorlon's assertion that Angle would have very little power on her own.  I said nothing about Harry Reid until you brought him up.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 03:37:43 PM »

Ah yes, I just reread Vorlon's post, and you're right that that was his assertion.

But again, you (and he) are of the opinion that Harry Reid is "dangerous" to begin with.  I am of the opinion that a teabagger in the United States Senate is also "dangerous".  This is a difference of opinion.

My point for being here was to refute any kind of implication that Angle would have virtually no power at all.  Compared to Reid, sure, but she would still have more power than people give her credit for.  Hence the Bunning reference.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies