WA: Rasmussen: Rossi (R) makes a comeback against Murray (D) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:31:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  WA: Rasmussen: Rossi (R) makes a comeback against Murray (D) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA: Rasmussen: Rossi (R) makes a comeback against Murray (D)  (Read 4452 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« on: September 30, 2010, 08:33:55 PM »
« edited: September 30, 2010, 08:57:02 PM by Ogre Mage »

I have some vague impression that Rossi started a more focused media barrage. Did he?

Rossi has been more visible on the airwaves over the last two weeks.  We may be seeing the effect of that -- if this poll is to be believed.  I will need to see more independent polling to confirm this.  Rasmussen and POR had a hand in the recent FOX News poll which also had the race a tie, so I do not consider it an independent assessment.

Mr. Moderate's belief that Murray is getting "ripped" for the Boeing ad is wrong.  There is no widespread outraged outcry here about this ad.  Some have said the ad is false, but that has been said about many ads on all sides during this political season.  Some have said the ad is effective.

Rossi made a politically unwise statement about the Boeing Tanker bid during an interview with the Tacoma News Tribune and was forced to backpedal/correct his statement.  Whether he made his comments out of ignorance or some secret agenda is unknown, but one can hardly blame Sen. Murray for taking advantage of it.  If there is no hidden agenda, then the real issue is Rossi's unpreparedness on an economically important issue facing our state.

If Vorlon thinks the level of truth stretching in Murray's ad is particularly egregious, then he or she is showing ignorance about politics in general and the public statements/ads on all sides of the WA Senate race in particular.  Perhaps it is more based on the fact that Vorlon thinks that Sen. Murray's victory would be a sign that "democracy is broken and government has been turned over to the hands of a raging mob."

Boxer is an arrogant "rhymes with rich" AND has the IQ of a basketball.

Murray is just as stupid but marginally less annoying.

Feingold, by contrast, is a smart, decent, honest man.

If Boxer and Murray win, while Feingold loses, the democracy is broken and government has been turned over to the hands of a raging mob.

Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 10:43:05 PM »

This is the race I think might turn ala Wisconsin over the next two weeks or so.  I'm not predicting a 10 point win, but I think the third state wide race might be the charm for Rossi.  Washington has elected Republcians and nearly did for governor in 2004.  Murray may be one of the last swept away by the wave much as Talent and Allen were in 2006.

Ha.  The thing George Allen got swept away in was his own macaca.  The poetic justice was highly amusing.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:40:54 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2010, 09:45:15 PM by Ogre Mage »

You have to love Rasmussen.

Look at their past three polls-

Rossi +3
Murray +5
Rossi +1

First a swing of 8 for Murray, now a swing of 6 for Rossi.

This race has swung a total of 14 points in 29 days.

Whatever you say, Rasmussen...
Ugh, I was really hoping you wouldn't find the forum part of this site...

If you paid any attention to the race if Washington, you would know that Murray started an ad blitz and had the momentum on her side. But then she ran a terribly inaccurate ad, which has put Rossi back on top, but narrowly.

You can believe that but the Everett Herald, whose circulation area includes the largest Boeing factory in the state, has endorsed Sen. Murray.  And the editorial specifically mentions her strong support for Boeing's tanker bid:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20101003/OPINION01/710039961
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies