The Concession Speech We'd Like to Hear (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:07:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  The Concession Speech We'd Like to Hear (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Concession Speech We'd Like to Hear  (Read 32906 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 04, 2004, 03:07:41 AM »

I concede that I misjudged the power of hate. 

Yep when the people on your side are calling the other candidate worse than Hitler it has tendency to hurt you not help you so he did misjudge it. Glad you wanted to see him say tha Wakie.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 03:38:37 PM »

Yep when the people on your side are calling the other candidate worse than Hitler it has tendency to hurt you not help you so he did misjudge it. Glad you wanted to see him say tha Wakie.

That was a few wacko's, it was not a party-wide thing.

Okay Michael Moore hated Bush so much he was willing to bind the truth every which way in order to tarnish the President. Howard Dean entertained theories that the President knew about Sept. 11th before it happened... Sorry but from what I saw the Democrats were a machine blinded by perhaps not a hate but a severe dislike for President Bush.. Remember all the ABBers? Both sides of their radicals the Republicans just did a much better job at hiding theirs then the Democrats did.

That is just my opinion take it or leave, shove it in the trash, frame it and put it over your fire place I dont care Cheesy
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 06:25:01 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2004, 06:28:50 AM by Governor Wildcard »

That was a few wacko's, it was not a party-wide thing.

Okay Michael Moore hated Bush so much he was willing to bind the truth every which way in order to tarnish the President. Howard Dean entertained theories that the President knew about Sept. 11th before it happened... Sorry but from what I saw the Democrats were a machine blinded by perhaps not a hate but a severe dislike for President Bush.. Remember all the ABBers? Both sides of their radicals the Republicans just did a much better job at hiding theirs then the Democrats did.

That is just my opinion take it or leave, shove it in the trash, frame it and put it over your fire place I dont care Cheesy

I don't remember Dean entertaining theories that Bush knew about 9/11 before it happened.  I'd love to know the basis for your charges there.

I cannot understand how someone can say the left has more whackos than the right.  Just watch the conventions!  The left had a very temperate convention focused on policy disagreement.  The right had Zell "I challenge you to a Duel" Miller and Dick "vote for me or die" Cheney.

Howard Dean
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A9661-2003Dec17?language=printer

"Bush is a f**king idiot."
-Jennifer Aniston

http://celiberal.com/showCached.php?id=126

""Despite all of this stupid bullsh-- that the Republican National Committee, or whatever the f--- they call them, that they were saying that they're all angry about how two of these ads were comparing Bush to Hitler? I mean, out of thousands of submissions, they find two. They're like fu--ing looking for Hitler in a hawstack. You now? I mean, George Bush is not Hitler. He would be if he fu--ing applied himself." (big, extended applause) "I mean he just isn't.""

-Margaret Cho

Senator Biden calls Bush "brain dead"
http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2004/10/20bidenbushbraind.html

George Soros compares Bush to the Nazi's

"America, under Bush, is a danger to the world...It [beating Bush] is the central focus of my life,... a matter of life and death... When I hear Bush say, ‘You’re either with us or against us,’ it reminds me of the Germans. My experiences under Nazi and Soviet rule have sensitised me,..It would be too immodest for a private person to set himself up against the president, but it is, in fact the Soros Doctrine”.

Rep. James P. Moran
 "If it were not for the strong support of the Jewish community for this war with Iraq, we would not be doing this,... The leaders of the Jewish community are influential enough that they could change the direction of where this is going, and I think they should."
http://www.nationalreview.com/goldberg/goldberg031303.asp

Rep. Marcy Kaptur
"One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non-nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown."
http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?SearchID=73127970327425&Avis=TO&Dato=20030301&Kategori=NEWS10&Lopenr=103010151&Ref=AR

Plenty, plenty more where this came from... The point I am trying to make is there is a lot of hate on both sides of the asile... Must I go over the number of Democrats who were saying things like Ronald Reagan is in hell just hours after he died?

Radicalism and hatred by any other name is still radicalism and hatred. Whether it be conservative or liberal.

TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 06:07:21 PM »

HOWARD DEAN
Not to be rude here, but did you read that article about Dean?  Directly from it .... "Although Dean said he does not believe Bush was tipped off about the assaults that killed nearly 3,000, he has made no apologies for raising the rumor."  And the context in which he brought up the rumor was in saying that as long as information is supressed about what the government knew and when they knew it, people are going to develop outlandish theories.

JENNIFER ANNISTON & MARGARET CHO
Since when do the statements of 2 private citizens reflect on an entire political party?  I could cite dozens of quotes from Rush Limbaugh, Neil Borts, or any of the other Republican "talking heads".

THE REST
As you acknowledge, the crap flies from both sides.  But pretending that more flies from the left than the right is just plain blind.

Dean does not believe it but he certainly didn't mind getting the idea in the public's minds by bringing more attention to an outragous conspiracy theory.

Aniston and Cho's: There was a lot of attention given to celebs who severely disliked President Bush.

The rest: I never said there was less hate on either side. The Republicans just did a better job of hiding their radicals than the Democrats did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies