WA-08/SurveyUSA: DelBene (D) getting closer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:46:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  WA-08/SurveyUSA: DelBene (D) getting closer
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-08/SurveyUSA: DelBene (D) getting closer  (Read 958 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 02, 2010, 11:03:39 AM »

52%  (-2) Dave Reichert (R)
45% (+4) Suzan DelBene (D)

Filtering: 700 registered voters from Washington's 8th Congressional District were interviewed by SurveyUSA 09/27/10 through 09/29/10, using Registration Based Sample (RBS) from Aristotle in Washington DC. Of the registered voters, 579 were determined by SurveyUSA to be likely to vote in the 11/02/10 general election for US House of Representatives.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=b7c159a2-5e9c-427b-822c-c2f1a73f348c
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 11:11:26 AM »

Impressive, I thought she was dead in the water after her pathetic primary performance. I still doubt she has a chance to win, though.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 11:32:29 AM »

Rumors have started to circulate on local blogs that Reichert has been badly brain damaged after his fall a few months ago. I don't think those rumors are the cause of the movement but Reichert's erratic performances in interviews and extremely limited campaign schedule, possibly caused by the brain damage, are probably factors.

Also: DelBene is a much, much better candidate than Burner in all aspects. She would've won in either 2006 or 2008.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 05:28:14 PM »

wait, wait, please. this race will stay republican, surely. he is 7% ahead of her, she has no chance.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 01:30:46 AM »
« Edited: October 03, 2010, 01:33:35 AM by bgwah »

I don't expect Reichert to lose, not this year, but this still surprising to me. He's been kind of an idiot lately, though. He was caught (again) saying he occasionally voted moderately only to trick the voters so he could get re-elected, has refused to debate, and has just come across as a really stupid person in interviews.

The wave will save him this year, but I don't see him surviving much longer, especially not after redistricting makes the district more Democratic in 2012.

The brain damage rumors seem kind of mean and inappropriate, but that's Goldy for you. Tongue Personally, I think he's been an idiot for decades. Just look at the Green River Killer investigation. Someone actually recognized Gary Ridgway as the person who took his sister and informed the police, but Genius Dave somehow fumbled it. You can call Patty Murray stupid if you like, but her stupidity didn't result in ~71 women being strangled and dumped like trash.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 07:24:51 AM »

I don't expect Reichert to lose, not this year, but this still surprising to me. He's been kind of an idiot lately, though. He was caught (again) saying he occasionally voted moderately only to trick the voters so he could get re-elected, has refused to debate, and has just come across as a really stupid person in interviews.

Well, it didn't stop the Sierra Club from endorsing him again, so mission accomplished.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 08:52:45 PM »

The Dems were chatting out that Reichert was ill, which Reichert has since denied. The smell of desperation is in the air.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 09:10:07 PM »

The Dems were chatting out that Reichert was ill, which Reichert has since denied. The smell of desperation is in the air.

If by "The Dems" you mean a loony blogger writing a piece in a loony weekly newspaper, sure.

We're so desperate. We really thought we had a chance to pick off a Republican incumbent in a GOP wave year, despite the fact that he survived in two Democratic wave years. Yup, desperation!

...Or maybe your ill-informed one liners are desperate. I don't know.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 09:12:35 PM »

If by "The Dems" you mean a loony blogger writing a piece in a loony weekly newspaper, sure.

We're so desperate. We really thought we had a chance to pick off a Republican incumbent in a GOP wave year, despite the fact that he survived in two Democratic wave years. Yup, desperation!

Thanks for setting me straight. I did not pay much attention to the details of the article. How worried are you about that Tacoma seat going down the tubes? 
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 09:13:43 PM »

Thanks for setting me straight. I did not pay much attention to the details of the article. How worried are you about that Tacoma seat going down the tubes?  

Okay. Sorry if I was overly-aggressive. Tongue

I'm not worried about WA-6 (Norm Dicks), if that's what you're talking about.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 09:57:08 PM »

Okay. Sorry if I was overly-aggressive. Tongue

I'm not worried about WA-6 (Norm Dicks), if that's what you're talking about.

I was thinking after some research of WA-9.

I already knew by the way that you were aggressive bgwah, but then so am I, so I am estopped (a legal term for you to savor) to complain much when you kick me in the nuts. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies