2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:33:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Poll
Question: Concerning This TL
Keep going at all costs!!!
It's decent; continue if you wish
Stop now!!!
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: 2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration  (Read 34698 times)
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2010, 01:27:58 PM »

10:34 PM - We can now confirm that Mitt Romney has won the state of Michigan, quickly closing to gap between he and President Obama. The difference is three Electoral Votes that could be found in any of the states on the line now, except for Nebraska, which has two on the line.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 140
Romney/Christie (R) - 137
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 0

10:40 PM - We can call Iowa in President Obama's favor tonight. He's still ahead, but Mitt Romney is still very much in the game after his victory in Michigan.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 146
Romney/Christie (R) - 137
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 0

10:55 PM - We believe that, when all votes are counted, Mitt Romney will carry the state of Montana.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 146
Romney/Christie (R) - 140
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 0

11:00 PM - We can call California, Washington, and Hawaii for President Obama. This pushes him out over 200 Electoral Votes, and over his originally predicted count at that. This election will indeed turn out to be a nail-biter.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 217
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 0

11:03 PM - We are now confident enough to say that President Obama will be carrying Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District, just as he did in 2008. Secretary Hagel certainly is helping the Obama campaign out.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 218
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 0

11:11 PM - President Obama will win Oregon tonight, despite the best works of the Romney campaign to carry that state.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 225
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 0

11:45 PM - Enormously good news for the Romney campaign right now, as it seems he will carry North Dakota, Idaho, Colorado, and Arizona. He is edging towards 200 Electoral Votes, painfully slow, but still getting there.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 225
Romney/Christie (R) - 168
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 0

11:58 PM - Virginia and Nevada have been called for Mitt Romney, but President Obama has taken Nebraska's 2nd Congressional District. Once again, Hagel on the ticket is a huge asset for him.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 226
Romney/Christie (R) - 187
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 0
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »

What's the difference between states that are colored in light green and those colored in dark green?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2010, 05:51:24 PM »

It seems like the Hagel selection would keep Liberals home.  At least, that was the logic I was using to validate your earlier poll numbers after our last discussion.

Anyway, I am curious to see whether Cain can win a state.  Regardless, this is Obama's election to lose.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2010, 06:14:37 PM »

It seems like the Hagel selection would keep Liberals home.  At least, that was the logic I was using to validate your earlier poll numbers after our last discussion.

Anyway, I am curious to see whether Cain can win a state.  Regardless, this is Obama's election to lose.

^
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2010, 09:11:09 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 01:44:27 AM by feeblepizza »

What's the difference between states that are colored in light green and those colored in dark green?

Dark green - 40% margins (Oregon, however, was in 50% margins)
Light green - 30% margins
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2010, 10:34:31 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 10:44:28 AM by feeblepizza »

12:01 AM - We can make another projection tonight, and it looks like, when all votes are counted, Mitt Romney will have carried the State of New Jersey, of which his running-mate Chris Christie is Governor.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 226
Romney/Christie (R) - 201
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 0

12:35 AM - We can make a groundbreaking projection right now: Herman Cain is believed to have carried the State of Georgia. This is the first time a third party candidate has won a state in an election since George in 1968.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 226
Romney/Christie (R) - 201
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 16

12:41 AM - We can call North Carolina for Mitt Romney this hour.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 226
Romney/Christie (R) - 216
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 16

12:58 AM - We believe, at this moment, that Mitt Romney will carry the state of New Hampshire.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 226
Romney/Christie (R) - 220
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 16

1:00 AM - Polls in Alaska have closed, but the state is sill too close to call. Many predicted that this would happen, what with former Governor Sarah Palin's endorsement of Herman Cain. Mitt Romney is leading by six points in the results just coming in, but an upset may occur after what happened in Georgia tonight.

1:59 AM - We can call Alaska for Mitt Romney, who is now at a virtual tie with President Obama in Electoral Votes.

Obama/Hagel (D) - 226
Romney/Christie (R) - 223
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 16

2:49 AM - We believe that once all votes are in and counted, the State of Indiana will have been won by Mitt Romney this election.

Romney/Christie (R) - 234
Obama/Hagel (D) - 226
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 16

3:26 AM - The State of Florida can be called for Mitt Romney.

Romney/Christie (R) - 262
Obama/Hagel (D) - 226
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 16

4:00 AM - It is believed that Herman Cain will be carrying another state - Arkansas. This is the first time a third party has won multiple states since 1968. Also interestingly, all the states Herman Cain carried were carried for Wallace.

Romney/Christie (R) - 262
Obama/Hagel (D) - 226
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 22

6:02 AM - Mitt Romney has carried the State of Ohio, and will be the next President of the United States of America.

Romney/Christie (R) - 280
Obama/Biden (D) - 226
Cain/Huckabee (I) - 22

The Next President of the United States of America!!!!
Willard Mitt Romney (Republican, Massachusetts)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2010, 11:19:23 AM »

Yeah! The perfect result! Romney wins, but Cain picks up a state or two! Cheesy
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2010, 11:22:11 AM »

WTF: that would never happen in real life. but for a TL, it's great Wink. congratulations
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2010, 12:31:05 PM »

WTF: that would never happen in real life. but for a TL, it's great Wink. congratulations
^

Though I may see this (though out there) if Romney ran on a VERY moderate anti-conservative platform
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2010, 12:34:14 PM »

^

Though I may see this (though out there) if Romney ran on a VERY moderate anti-conservative platform

The real question is how he held the South (for the most part) together even as he was able to get New Hampshire. Of the three states that ordinarily a Republican sould not get: Michigan, New Jersey, and New New Hampshire, New Hampshire si the biggest surprise. How did he hold the West, South, and the East while also being challenged by Cain?
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2010, 01:04:58 PM »

^

The real question is how he held the South (for the most part) together even as he was able to get New Hampshire. Of the three states that ordinarily a Republican sould not get: Michigan, New Jersey, and New New Hampshire, New Hampshire si the biggest surprise. How did he hold the West, South, and the East while also being challenged by Cain?

He held the South because of the powerful and popular Southerners (the Bushes, Jim DeMint, Newt Gingrich, Nikki Haley, etc.) supporting him.

He won in Michigan because his family is very popular there and because Michigan-ans were alienated by the Granholm Administration; he won in New Jersey because of Chris Christie; and he won in New Hampshire because New Hampshire is the most likely state up North to flip to the Republican column.

He held the West because Western voters are primarily evangelical Mormons, which is a plus for Romney (due to his Mormonism).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2010, 01:11:13 PM »

^

He held the South because of the powerful and popular Southerners (the Bushes, Jim DeMint, Newt Gingrich, Nikki Haley, etc.) supporting him.

He won in Michigan because his family is very popular there and because Michigan-ans were alienated by the Granholm Administration; he won in New Jersey because of Chris Christie; and he won in New Hampshire because New Hampshire is the most likely state up North to flip to the Republican column.

He held the West because Western voters are primarily evangelical Mormons, which is a plus for Romney (due to his Mormonism).

I understand Michigan and New Jersey (I live in one of those states), but how did he manage to hold together enough moderates and enough Cosnervatives?

Note: Michiganians
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2010, 01:18:10 PM »

^

I understand Michigan and New Jersey (I live in one of those states), but how did he manage to hold together enough moderates and enough Cosnervatives?

Note: Michiganians

Romney and Christie are very moderate Republicans, so obviously they would get a large chunk of the independent vote. Conservative tea-party members like Christie. So the non-activist conservative vote went primarily to Romney, while the tea party vote was split 50/50 between Romney (because of Christie) and Cain/Huckabee (for the obvious reasons).
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: October 24, 2010, 04:58:55 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2010, 05:06:13 PM by feeblepizza »

Final 2012 election map:

Former Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA)/Governor Chris Christie (R-NJ) 39.8% (280)
President Barack Obama (D-IL)/Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel (R-NE) 41.1% (226)
Herman Cain (R-GA)/Former Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR) 18% (33)

The Cain/Huckabee ticket took Missouri as well as Georgia and Arkansas. The popular vote was won by President Obama, by a margin of 1.3%, the largest gap in the history of Electoral Vote winner/popular vote loser situations.

Gubernatorial Results -

Gubernatorial Make-Up
Republicans - 36 (+3)
Democrats - 12 (-3)

Senatorial Results -

Senatorial Make-Up
Republicans - 63 (+10)
Democrats - 34 (-10)
Independents - 3 (-2)

House Make-Up
Republicans - 222 (-10)
Democrats - 204 (+10)
Independents - 9 (+9)

NOTE: From now on, you will have to ask for the names of winners in all statewide and congressional elections.

Now - should I continue on and describe the Romney Administration?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2010, 05:04:27 PM »

Yes, please continue.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #140 on: October 24, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »

I'd like to know who are those independent senators Wink
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2010, 05:46:15 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2010, 11:19:18 AM by feeblepizza »

The Romney Cabinet -
State Secretary - John Bolton (R-MD)
Treasury Secretary - Meg Whitman (R-CA)
Defense Secretary - Chuck Hagel (R-NE)
Attorney General - Rudy Giuliani (R-NY)
Interior Secretary - Haley Barbour (R-MS)
Agriculture Secretary - Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)
Commerce Secretary - Mitch Daniels (R-IN)
Labor Secretary - Tom Coburn (R-OK)
Health and Human Services Secretary - George Pataki (R-NY)
Housing and Urban Development Secretary - Michael L. Williams (R-TX)
Transportation Secretary - Ray LaHood (R-IL)
Energy Secretary - Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
Education Secretary - Jodi Rell (R-CT)
Veterans' Affairs Secretary - Richard Burr (R-NC)
Homeland Security Secretary - Tom Ridge (R-PA)

Other important appointments include that of Charles Spys as White House Chief of Staff, and that of former Governor Tim Pawlenty to the OMB. Joe Lieberman was appointed as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations.

November-December 2012: President-elect Romney began appointing people to his Cabinet.

November 13, 2012: Al-Qaeda second-in-command Ayman al-Zawahiri releases a videotape stating that first-in-command Osama bin Laden has passed away of kidney failure earlier during the month. The media is buzzing all over the announcement, and President Obama states that his death is "a sign that Al-Qaeda is weakening."

Osama Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden (May 10, 1957-November 2012)

The unemployment rate rose to 11.4% according to the latest figures. The media did not buzz over this, as Osama's death was considered the explosive news of the month.

November 16, 2012: State Secretary John Kerry, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, and Pakistani President Asif Zardari meet in Islamabad to discuss Al-Qaeda's future. Al-Qaeda terrorist Usama Neak fires five shots into the meeting, killing Secretary Kerry and President Zardari; Secretary Hagel was wounded but did not die.

John Forbes Kerry (December 11, 1943-November 16, 2012)

November 17, 2012: Prime-Minister Yousaf Gillani is sworn in to secede President Zardari.

President Obama announces that he will not replace Secretary Kerry. He also states that Kerry "will be missed for his many services to our nation."

Yousaf Gillani, the former Prime-Minister and current President of Pakistan.

December 30, 2012: All U.S. troops have left Iraq. President Obama visits Baghdad to make a speech announcing this fact, stating that "America can now focus on the future as opposed to being stuck in the past."

President-elect Romney states that President Obama "could not be more arrogant and more dangerous to our security."

Unemployment numbers reveal that the unemployment rate is 11.5%.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2010, 05:50:31 PM »

I'd like to know who are those independent senators Wink

In Vermont, Bernie Sanders; in Minnesota, Dean Berkley; in New Jersey, Lou Dobbs

Who ran against Brown in Massachussetts? Who beat Webb in Virgnia? Who ran against Casey in Pennsylvania?

In Massachusetts, Deval Patrick once again ran for the Senate and lost in a close race.

In Virginia, Mary Cheney was elected in a close race.

In Pennsylvania, Joe Scarnati posed a significant challenge but lost nonetheless.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »

Good Timeline! Why does Romney keep Hagel, a former opponent, at Secretary of Defense? I like his pick of Joe Lieberman for UN Ambassador. Sad thing about Obama winning the popular vote, though...
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2010, 06:55:07 PM »

Good Timeline! Why does Romney keep Hagel, a former opponent, at Secretary of Defense? I like his pick of Joe Lieberman for UN Ambassador. Sad thing about Obama winning the popular vote, though...

He keeps Hagel much as President Obama kept Gates. The Hagel appointment will run until late 2013/early 2014.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2010, 06:58:04 PM »

Romney-Obama transition must be very tension filled
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: October 28, 2010, 06:24:42 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2011, 12:05:12 PM by feeblepizza »

January 3, 2013: The new U.S. Congress is sworn in, and some changes are made in leadership. Republicans elect House Majority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.) as their Speaker, while Tim Murphy (R-Penn.) is elected Majority Whip. Mike Pence remains in his position as Majority Leader.

U.S. House Speaker Eric Cantor (R-Va.)

January 6, 2013: President-elect Romney and Vice-President-elect Christie meet with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Senate Minority Leader Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), House Speaker Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and House Minority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) in a discussion of how to get the economy moving again.

January 17, 2013: President Obama delivers his fourth and final State of the Union Address: "When I gave my first State of the Union in 2009, Americans were experiencing hard times. They are still experiencing hard times. We had an election a few months ago, and my policies were turned down. I believe that we can work together, Republican and Democrat, liberal and conservative, and solve these problems so that our next generation can experience America in its prime."

January 20, 2013: At noon at the U.S. Capitol Building, Willard Mitt Romney is sworn as the 45th President of the United States of America. In his Inaugural Address, he states: "We have seen record unemployment numbers; a rise in terrorism; our global position is falling rapidly. Americans are hurting. They need a change. We need to work together, all of us, to bring that change. We can bring America back. For the next four years, the Romney Administration will be working around the clock to restore our prosperity."

America's first multiracial President will be seceded by its first Mormon President - two American political records broken in a row.

January 21, 2013: On President Romney's first day in office, Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy passes away of a heart attack at the age of 76.

He is known as the crucial swing-vote on the court. President Romney says that he will make an announcement as to a choice in February.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2010, 05:58:21 PM »

Waiting to see how the Romney Administration goes.
defe07

« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »

January 3, 2013: The new U.S. Congress is sworn in, and some changes are made in leadership. Republicans elect House Majority Whip Eric Cantor (R-Va.) as their Speaker, while Tim Murphy (R-Penn.) is elected Majority Whip. Mike Pence remains in his position as Majority Leader.

January 6, 2013: President-elect Romney and Vice-President-elect Christie meet with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Senate Minority Leader Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), House Speaker Eric Cantor (R-Va.) and House Minority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) in a discussion of how to get the economy moving again.

January 17, 2013: President Obama delivers his fourth and final State of the Union Address: "When I gave my first State of the Union in 2010, Americans were experiencing hard times. They are still experiencing hard times. We had an election a few months ago, and my policies were turned down. I believe that we can work together, Republican and Democrat, liberal and conservative, and solve these problems so that our next generation can experience America in its prime."

January 20, 2013: At noon at the U.S. Capitol Building, Willard Mitt Romney is sworn as the 45th President of the United States of America. In his Inaugural Address, he states: "We have seen record unemployment numbers; a rise in terrorism; our global position is falling rapidly. Americans are hurting. They need a change. We need to work together, all of us, to bring that change. We can bring America back. For the next four years, the Romney Administration will be working around the clock to restore our prosperity."

America's first multiracial President will be seceded by its first Mormon President - two American political records broken in a row.

January 21, 2013: On President Romney's first day in office, Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy passes away of a heart attack at the age of 76.

He is known as the crucial swing-vote on the court. President Romney says that he will make an announcement as to a choice in February.

feeble, where were independents elected, from the House and Senate?
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2010, 07:33:47 PM »

January 17, 2013: President Obama delivers his fourth and final State of the Union Address: "When I gave my first State of the Union in 2010, Americans were experiencing hard times. They are still experiencing hard times. We had an election a few months ago, and my policies were turned down. I believe that we can work together, Republican and Democrat, liberal and conservative, and solve these problems so that our next generation can experience America in its prime."

feeble, where were independents elected, from the House and Senate?

The independents in the House were Tea Partiers from conservative Midwestern and Southern districts, while the independents in the Senate are from MN, NJ, and VT (Sanders).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies