2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:51:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Concerning This TL
Keep going at all costs!!!
It's decent; continue if you wish
Stop now!!!
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: 2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration  (Read 34737 times)
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« on: October 03, 2010, 02:13:46 PM »

Because a 70 year old man is going to make a serious run for the Presidency against an incumbent.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 07:31:53 PM »

Yeah, this is pretty well written, I like it.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Erm, what?
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 03:29:47 PM »

Look, Obama needs to be the democratic nominee. Don't most other readers of this timeline agree with me on that?

I agree.

I agree that it's not very realistic. I just don't see how Bayh and Lieberman could be getting the combined percentages between them that you gave them. I mean, 50% of the Democratic Primary electorate are not centrist, fiscal hawks. Obama is probably going to be in some trouble in 2012, but i really don't see TWO centrist/moderates competing against him and being successful. Unemployment would have to be about 15-18%, and Obama would likely just not run for reelection at that point. MAYBE if one centrist challenged Obama, they MIGHT be successful. But President Obama only getting 24% in Florida in a Democratic primary?! That's a big leap from where we're at right now, IMO.

ITTL, unemployment inches closer and closer to 11%. Most Democrats are voting for Bayh and Lieberman as a protest vote due to being disenchanted by the corrupt failure that is the Obama Administration.

Yes, but still, most Democrats are probably not going to see the Obama Administration as a "corrupt failure", or be motivated enough to vote for a 70 year old man or a Democrat In Name Only. You have to accept the fact that Democrats are liberals and there is a small minority among them that are fiscally conservative, not the other way around.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 10:43:20 PM »

Why does every single 2012 TL on this site have to be a conservative wank where Obama gets primary challenges from multiple unknown blue dogs?
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 11:25:36 PM »

Why does every single 2012 TL on this site have to be a conservative wank where Obama gets primary challenges from multiple unknown blue dogs?

This is the first one that I'm aware of.

Lieberman and Bayh unknown? LOLNO

I'll give you Lieberman. A few smart people might remember him as Gore's running mate ten years ago. However, asking the average person on the street (outside of Indiana) who Evan Byah is will hardly wield good results.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies