2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:56:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Concerning This TL
Keep going at all costs!!!
It's decent; continue if you wish
Stop now!!!
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: 2012: America's Future Decided - The Romney Administration  (Read 34738 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 02, 2010, 05:41:33 PM »

Good so far.  It's too bad that deal won, but that's certainly plausible (though the kind of adds Barnes has been hitting him with makes one not want to vote for the scumbag).
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 07:19:42 PM »

Nice. 

If Pence is in than Daniels is out.  Candidates I think you ought to toss in are John Thune, Haley Barbour, Tim Pawlenty, and Rick Santorum.  Maybe Gingrich or Palin, though both of them give me the Sad

Oh yeah, don't forget Hillary.  Wink
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »

Great so far.  Interesting move to toss Pataki in, I doubt he will have much impact.  Right now I'm not sure who I support.  I'm curious why Santorum has been going up in the polls while Johnson sits at the bottom.  The Lieberman thing also threw me off, though really I suppose it isn't too implausible. 

By any chance, are you simulating this in President Forever?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 06:18:55 PM »

Great so far.  Interesting move to toss Pataki in, I doubt he will have much impact.  Right now I'm not sure who I support.  I'm curious why Santorum has been going up in the polls while Johnson sits at the bottom.  The Lieberman thing also threw me off, though really I suppose it isn't too implausible. 

No, I'm just using my political intuition to decide the race Tongue. Johnson is sitting at the bottom because he's a libertarian (duh). And Santorum has only risen from 3% to 4%, no? And it would be interesting to see who to support. I would have to go for Pence in this race Wink.
Oh, ok.  One of your posts reminded me a bit of the game, the part where you were talking about what all of the candidates were doing.

I admit I'm nitpicking, but Johnson was endorsed by Ron Paul, who was polling in the 4-7% range (I believe).

I'm thinking about Pawlenty, atm I don't know enough about him.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 04:03:09 PM »

No, I'm just using my political intuition to decide the race Tongue. Johnson is sitting at the bottom because he's a libertarian (duh). And Santorum has only risen from 3% to 4%, no? And it would be interesting to see who to support. I would have to go for Pence in this race Wink.
Oh, ok.  One of your posts reminded me a bit of the game, the part where you were talking about what all of the candidates were doing.

I admit I'm nitpicking, but Johnson was endorsed by Ron Paul, who was polling in the 4-7% range (I believe).

I'm thinking about Pawlenty, atm I don't know enough about him.

Johnson was endorsed by Paul - but Johnson isn't Paul. And don't go making assumptions quite yet, I've got some tricks up my sleeve Wink
Roger that.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 08:38:28 PM »

Lieberman is polling at 37%?  What has Obama done?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 04:11:41 PM »

10% unemployment rate? Not so good for Obama.
Still, that's about what RFK was polling when he challenged Carter.  Lieberman is no RFK and Obama is no Carter.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »

10% unemployment rate? Not so good for Obama.
Still, that's about what RFK was polling when he challenged Carter.  Lieberman is no RFK and Obama is no Carter.

I think you mean Ted Kennedy, because RFK ran against Johnson, not Carter. And Teddy was leading Carter 49-39. I don't have polling from the '68 Democratic primaries, but I'm pretty sure Bobby led LBJ (and all the others) by a pretty hefty margin.
Whoops, name mix up.

My point is that Lieberman is far from the powerful, popular figure to mount an insurgent campaign that is at least moderately succesful, especially when Obama's "fault" is completely out of his control (unemployment numbers).  But I don't want to detract from this timeline, please continue.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 10:19:01 AM »

Bolton is a quack, Petraeus would never enorse him.  Honestly I can't see Petraeus straying into politics at all until his committment to the armed forces is complete.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 06:10:26 PM »

Overall a very nice update.  Why, though, did Leiberman do so strongly in New Hampshire?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 04:08:04 PM »

With this kind of long drawn out primary, whoever wins the Democratic primary will lose the general election.  Unless, of course, you let Gingrich win the Republican nomination and then uncover a new scandal about him.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 04:18:18 PM »

I'm calling it.

Obama/Biden vs. Romney/Pawlenty
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »

Is it possible for neither Obama nor Bayh to get a majority of delegates?  How about a tie?  As to the republican race...gah.  I don't like either choice.  Still, awesome timeline I can't wait to see who will face off against who.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 03:56:11 PM »

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 01:59:43 PM »

I don't think Romney's VP pick will do him any good.  Christie does nothing to shore up the base; the social conservatives must be very skeptical of Romney if the primary battle went all the way to the end before Gingrich barely lost.  This could set the stage for a challenger to his right.  I doubt it would be an establishment figure but maybe someone like Herman Cain who has loads of money, a big following, and strong social conservative principles could seize on to those disenchanted voters.  It may be too late for him to get into the race though....

As to Obama, appealing to the center is smart.  I think he will go with Warner.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 08:09:08 PM »

This makes no sense.  Cain's support would come almost exclusively from Romney.  If he is polling at 18% Obama should still be in the 40's and Romney suffering in the 30's.  There's no way you can have Cain run without basically handing the race to Obama.

And Obama picking a Republican running mate is enough to make the liberals launch their own challenger (which could validate your poll numbers a bit).  Regardless, Obama picking a republican is about as likely as Romney picking Huckabee.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 05:51:24 PM »

It seems like the Hagel selection would keep Liberals home.  At least, that was the logic I was using to validate your earlier poll numbers after our last discussion.

Anyway, I am curious to see whether Cain can win a state.  Regardless, this is Obama's election to lose.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 05:04:27 PM »

Yes, please continue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies