Who are the top 1% income earners in the US (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:15:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Who are the top 1% income earners in the US (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who are the top 1% income earners in the US  (Read 15736 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

« on: October 07, 2010, 11:33:21 PM »

Bill Gates and Paul Allen are smart, no doubt. But one shouldn't neglect the fact that they went to a wealthy, exclusive private school that had a computer. How many schools that weren't universities had a computer at the time? Not very many. They had a pretty big advantage that shouldn't be ignored.

To call position within a power heirarchy a mere 'advantage' is really to understate its importance.  It suggests other possible outcomes than continuity of privilege.

So, let me get it straight: there is no social mobility in this capitalist world of ours, everyone born rich and privileged is going to stay rich, everyone born poor is going to stay poor  (professional athletes exempted - they are, clearly, strange). Every rich guy of today is a grandson of a rich guy of yesteryear. Do I get your point right?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 09:55:23 AM »

So, let me get it straight: there is no social mobility in this capitalist world of ours, everyone born rich and privileged is going to stay rich, everyone born poor is going to stay poor  (professional athletes exempted - they are, clearly, strange). Every rich guy of today is a grandson of a rich guy of yesteryear. Do I get your point right?

No, you don't, ag.  Your attempt at argumentation is ridiculous - rather like saying that if anyone ever escapes, kidnapping should not be a crime.  (or rape, perhaps more apropos)

I haven't even attempted to argue Smiley I am simply trying to figure out what is it that you argue. You know, that's not really easy to get Smiley)
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 11:19:45 PM »

I haven't even attempted to argue Smiley I am simply trying to figure out what is it that you argue. You know, that's not really easy to get Smiley)

It is absolutely standard left-wing stuff, ag.  No innovation here.

As far as I am concerned, there is no such thing as "standard left-wing stuff". You might have something in mind, but, to the best of my knowledge you are asking me to guess, whether flying crocodiles are red or blue in color Smiley)
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:52:36 AM »

As far as I am concerned, there is no such thing as "standard left-wing stuff". You might have something in mind, but, to the best of my knowledge you are asking me to guess, whether flying crocodiles are red or blue in color Smiley)

I'm not going to attempt to rectify your ignorance - try google.

And it's going to tell me what's the usual color of the flying crocodiles?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 08:03:26 PM »

You're very testy all of a sudden?

Oh, come on, its ag.

But as Al and Lewis point out, these are 'bad' people, and 'robbers'.  I don't care for any objective definition of morality, but it is accurate for the 99% to understand the 1% as their enemies who are robbing them.

I think it wouldn't be hard for me to define the notion of morality, under which it would be very clear to the 99% of the world's population that you are exactly in that 1% of the enemy population that is robbing them.  I am sure it would be particularly easy to do in Thailand Smiley)
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 08:04:48 PM »

I don't know if you could distinguish between honest Wall St. investors and sleazy one.
The one doesn't exist (at least not successfully, not for very long)? Though I guess you could have trouble at times distinguishing between a merely sleazy one and a thoroughly crooked one - though as a general guideline, the latter is probably better at thinking outside the box.

It is absolutely standard left-wing stuff, ag.  No innovation here.

Brown.
And yellow simultaneously. Just saw one flying out of the window acrosst the street Smiley)
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »

But as Al and Lewis point out, these are 'bad' people, and 'robbers'.  I don't care for any objective definition of morality, but it is accurate for the 99% to understand the 1% as their enemies who are robbing them.

I think it wouldn't be hard for me to define the notion of morality, under which it would be very clear to the 99% of the world's population that you are exactly in that 1% of the enemy population that is robbing them.  I am sure it would be particularly easy to do in Thailand Smiley)

Your post is extraordinarly poorly written and also irrelevant (Argumentum Ad-hominem).  Who I am makes no difference to my point.

It's not ad hominem Smiley) I am sure I could define morality in such a way that everyone of us here - and, for that matter, everywhere else - would be in that 1% of the enemies of the people. You aren't special at all Smiley)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies