Who are the top 1% income earners in the US (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:27:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Who are the top 1% income earners in the US (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who are the top 1% income earners in the US  (Read 15738 times)
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: October 06, 2010, 07:32:24 PM »

I don't know if you could distinguish between honest Wall St. investors and sleazy one.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:02:08 PM »

Well, Al, you seem to have a different definition of rich than I. True, the top 1% may be more likely to have done morally questionable things to get their wealth (though I disagree that a majority do so). On the other hand, would you honestly argue that most of the top 10% gained their wealth through immoral behavior?
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 08:43:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Are the people in charge of large companies separate from society? Is it wrong to expect them to at least bear in mind that they are part of it? They used to, for a couple of decades anyway, so it isn't alien to the way the world works or such bullsh*t.

Who is to say most don't view themselves as part of society? I doubt either you or I or Gustaf or most on this forum have met many people who reside in the top 1% of earners, no?

And, of course, you would think that most are bad because you are far more likely to hear about the bad rich people than the good Breaking News: CEO Doesn't Outsource Jobs. It's easy for you to say they're mostly bad people, just as it is easy for me to say most poor are lazy, that doesn't mean either of us really know what the Hell we're talking about. Smiley

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't think I wrote 'psychopaths' either Smiley[/quote]

You came very close to saying that, though Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies