DE: Fox News: O'Donnell continues to trail by a huge margin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:45:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  DE: Fox News: O'Donnell continues to trail by a huge margin
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DE: Fox News: O'Donnell continues to trail by a huge margin  (Read 1581 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »

New Poll: Delaware Senator (Special) by Fox News on 2010-10-11

Summary: D: 54%, R: 38%, I: 3%, U: 5%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

50% Mike Castle(R)
33% Chris Coons (D)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:49:58 AM »

I think it's cute how they keep polling here.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:55:10 AM »

Cue Libertas to tell us she will win.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:05:38 AM »

actually, *IF* she can bring this down to around 8 points heading the weekend before the election, she just *MIGHT* have a chance.
Whacker77

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 10:09:01 AM »

In his victory speech, Coons should thank Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, and Laura Ingraham for making it possible.  Without their irrational support of the worst high profile candidate in a generation, he would be an also ran.  This guy is living under one lucky star.
Mjh

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 10:21:50 AM »

If he's really lucky he will get to run for reelection against O'Donnell in 2016, assuming there is anything left of the Delaware GOP by 2016.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 10:57:29 AM »

In his victory speech, Coons should thank Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, and Laura Ingraham for making it possible. 

What, no love for Sister Sarah?
Whacker77

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »

In his victory speech, Coons should thank Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, and Laura Ingraham for making it possible. 

What, no love for Sister Sarah?

Please don't mention Sarah Palin to me.  I'm as conservative as they come, but I find her vapid and dreadful.  I gave her the benefit of the doubt when chosen by McCain, but was horrified of her by the end of the 2008 campaign.  If she's the nominee in 2012, I'm not sure what I would do.  I'd probably vote for Ron Paul.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 12:13:09 PM »

actually, *IF* she can bring this down to around 8 points heading the weekend before the election, she just *MIGHT* have a chance.

Any idea on how she would would actually do that? She's been glued to about 38% since she won the nomination. Also how many candidates can you think of who went into election night trailing by 8% and won?

Why do they keep polling Castle-Coons? Castle would have won. We get it.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 03:34:50 PM »

Any idea on how she would would actually do that? She's been glued to about 38% since she won the nomination. Also how many candidates can you think of who went into election night trailing by 8% and won?

It's an attack poll. I'm kind of glad they're doing it so that just once, we won't hear the line about how the Republicans lost because they weren't conservative enough.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »

Today we got a letter from O'Donnell asking for money. She was asking for a minimum of 100 dollars, and "only 50 is that's all you can afford". I though of sending a hate letter back along with a smashed toad, but I just burned it in the fireplace instead.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 03:50:56 PM »

Today we got a letter from O'Donnell asking for money. She was asking for a minimum of 100 dollars, and "only 50 is that's all you can afford". I though of sending a hate letter back along with a smashed toad, but I just burned it in the fireplace instead.

The lady has bills to pay, Tmthforu94. Try to be a little more compassionate!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »

I think 40% is her maximum ceiling, she was a shocking candidate and the Delaware GOP should be hanging their heads in shame for nominating her because "Sarah told us to... jobs... Obama....country... Obama?"
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 10:23:17 PM »

It's an attack poll. I'm kind of glad they're doing it so that just once, we won't hear the line about how the Republicans lost because they weren't conservative enough.

I think sanity trumps ideology Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 10:25:54 PM »

Santorum

[/Phil]
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »

Santorum

[/Phil]

Except that was 18, not 8.
Nichlemn

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 08:50:47 AM »

I'm not sure that Castle would have this lead if he was the actual nominee. Firstly, he's probably getting a sympathy vote. Secondly, O'Donnell would probably have run third party (as she did when she lost the nomination in 2006) and/or been generally trying to sabotage Castle (given that if he did actually lose, she and her supporters would crow endlessly about how she could have won).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies