Office of the Game Moderator/Atlasian Mustelid Post Gazette
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:48:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Game Moderator/Atlasian Mustelid Post Gazette
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Office of the Game Moderator/Atlasian Mustelid Post Gazette  (Read 23541 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2010, 06:00:38 PM »
« edited: March 25, 2011, 02:20:04 PM by Badger »

This will be the Office of the GM where economic figures, news, Fed Reports, and other related announcements will be posted. I will keep the most recent economic figures updated on this first page.

Like previous GM's, I'm instituting a new newspaper for announcements/news stories that don't quite fit a release from a government office. I give you: THE ATLASIAN MUSTELID POST GAZETTE. (Taa-dah!) I am undecided how much to use this new organ of the media rather than existing newspapers, but I will endeavor to occasionally plant provide a story to the existing Atlasian media at random intervals. The ratio of AMPG stories to other papers I'll change as needed.

UNEMPLOYMENT RATE: 9.2% (February: 9.1%)

ANNUAL GDP GROWTH RATE: 0.4% (February: 0.2%)

CONSUMER PRICE INDEX (ANNUAL RATE): 1.0% (Unchanged from February)

ANSE INDEX: 652.41 (As of 3/25/11).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »

I will add additional graphics/building pictures/frills, bells and whistles to the main page later as time and whimsy dictate. (The Office is officially accepting any/all submissions or suggestions). Wink

I would have included the initial statistics I've worked out for current unemployment, GDP and inflation that I've worked out, but I left them at my office. Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 06:53:33 PM »

Yank pointed out--correctly--in a recent volley of words in the Senate that I haven't done anything in my office yet (which I would've acknowledged in that thread had some hypersensitive mod not locked it Tongue).

True. Due to some renovations at my office, my access to the internet during the day has been cut by close to two thirds since the beginning of last week, and will continue so until at least the end of next week. I wanted to announce this last week, but I wanted to first open my office to have a place to announce it, and my last post on the Budget Committee took more time than I had....Sad

Even after I have full internet access at work, I'll be in jury trial 1-2 days the week after that, and accordingly catching up on work much of the rest of the week. Also, my time in evenings and weekends will be fuller than normal until after Nov. 2nd. Put simply, RL elections are still more important than fantasy ones, and I'll be working to avoid having to say the words "Governor Kasich". Tongue

All this said, please understand I will NOT be an absent GM during this period. I pledge to focus my efforts in this period to 1) Regularly update economic information and Fed Reports; and 2) to keep driving the Budget Committee's work.

Many of you may be understandably thinking: "Oh great. Another promising new GM developing internet troubles then planning lessened activity". Don't. Just don't. As I said I will still be present and working over the next few weeks.  I'm simply being realistic and giving advance notice that there will probably be no storylines to speak of until next month. That's all.

You all know my dedication and penchant (obsession some say) for detail. I'm just letting you all know that due to workplace issues and the upcoming election I'll be merely a GM of "average" activity for the next few weeks. Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 06:56:50 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2010, 06:59:47 PM by The Demon's Manifestation »

It wasn't a hypersenitive mod, it was the hypersensitive PPT pissed the Senate floor was being disrupted by an outsider. Tongue

I hope you remember the mandates which you voted for regarding things the GM and other cabinet officers had to do?

One dealt with floods response preparedness, the other, I can't remember offhand.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 06:57:30 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2010, 07:03:15 PM by Gamal »

It wasn't a hypersenitive mod, it was the hypersensitive PPT pissed the Senate floor was being disrupted by an outsider. Tongue

Jesus, Yankee, how long are you going to bitchcomplain about such a minor error?'

EDIT: I retreact "bitching" phrase, because I promised to myself to stay away from that kind of language in Atlasia now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 07:02:27 PM »

Jesus, Yankee, how long are you going to bitch about such a minor error?

Can you not read the tongue? I realize English isn't your first language, but damn. Tongue

For the record, I locked it several hours afterwards because I felt it in the best interests of the Senate to do so. Had it just been me, I would let of it go, I assure you.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 07:04:10 PM »

I hope you remember the mandates which you voted for regarding things the GM and other cabinet officers had to do?

One dealt with floods response preparedness, the other, I can't remember offhand.

Of course I do, of course. <Ahem>

But maybe you could list them here anyway? Just as a test for you of course. Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 07:04:34 PM »

Can you not read the tongue? I realize English isn't your first language, but damn. Tongue

For the record, I locked it several hours afterwards because I felt it in the best interests of the Senate to do so. Had it just been me, I would let of it go, I assure you.

Oh, I'm very sorry for being a non-native speaker. Perhaps Atlasia of a proud White Southern Protestant like you is not a place where foreign posters should be allowed.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 07:32:03 PM »

This will be the Office of the GM where economic figures, news, Fed Reports, and other related announcements will be posted. I will keep the most recent economic figures updated on this first page.

Like previous GM's, I'm instituting a new newspaper for announcements/news stories that don't quite fit a release from a government office. I give you: THE ATLASIAN MUSTELID POST GAZETTE. (Taa-dah!) I am undecided how much to use this new organ of the media rather than existing newspapers, but I will endeavor to occasionally plant provide a story to the existing Atlasian media at random intervals. The ratio of AMPG stories to other papers I'll change as needed.
Endorsed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 09:08:22 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2010, 09:10:08 PM by The Demon's Manifestation »

Of course I do, of course. <Ahem>

But maybe you could list them here anyway? Just as a test for you of course. Wink

Sure, sure. If we don't end up impeaching this cat, it will be a miracle. Tongue

This is the only one I introduced appearently (Could have sworn there was one more economically focused)
The Federal Flood Response Review Resolution

What? Did you really think I would give you the links? WORK FOR THEM !!! Tongue

Oh, I'm very sorry for being a non-native speaker. Perhaps Atlasia of a proud White Southern Protestant like you is not a place where foreign posters should be allowed.

I did realize the commies seized any sense of humor when they "liberated" Poland in 1944/45. Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 05:32:18 PM »

The current major economic figures are finally posted in the first post, where they will be updated regularly.

In other news:

Consumer Confidence DeclinesSad

(AMPG) Economists announced Monday that the Consumer Confidence Index, measuring optimism on the state of the economy that consumers are expressing through their activities of savings and spending, declined for the third straight month in a row. The drop of 5.2 points to an Index level of 46.9 was notably sharper than the previous months minor declines, and brought renewed fears in some circles of a slowing economy.

The pullback in confidence was due to less favorable business and labor market conditions, coupled with a more pessimistic short-term outlook. Overall, consumers’ confidence in the state of the economy remains quite grim. And, with so few expecting conditions to improve in the near term, the pace of economic growth is not likely to pick up in the coming months.

Consumers are also more pessimistic about future employment prospects. Those expecting more jobs in the months ahead remained essentially unchanged, however those anticipating fewer jobs increased notably. The proportion of consumers expecting an increase in their incomes likewise declined slightly.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 06:00:26 PM »

FYI: My jury trial is indeed progressing to a second day, but even more concerning the severe cutback in internet access at work is apparantly going to persist at least throughout this week as well. Angry ARRRGHHH!!

FYI: Some discussions have been proposed with the President-elect regarding certain matters related to the GM's Office, so I assure you I'm still active, just not as much as usual (or that I'd like Tongue).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 12:28:41 PM »

LEADING ECONOMIC INDICATORS DECLINE SLIGHTLY:
(AMPG) Measurements of Leading Economic Indicators (LEI) for Atlasia decreased by 0.1 percent in October to 102.4 (2004 = 100), following no change in September, and a 0.2 percent increase in August. Analysts state the figures demonstrate the economy is slow and has no forward momentum. Shaky consumer confidence is primarily blamed for the slowdown.

Economists preparing the report are deeply divided, however, as to whether such economic stagnation is a likely trend for the forthcoming year, or may instead reflect a short term lack of growth compounded by isolated events outside seasonal variables. Economists were even more heatedly divided at the press conference announcing the results as to the proper fiscal policy to address the lagging growth. Debate was acrimonious between those favoring additional public stimulus to prime the economic pump and those favoring attacking public debt as a primary focus.

Ultimately tempers flared into violence between rival gangs of economic theorists requiring police intervention. Eight arrests occurred, as did three injuries reported as "tweed burn" suffered by the combatant academics. A arrested gang of Neo-Keynesian identified as members of the Westside Krugman Locos Posse demanded appointment of public counsel,  notwithstanding their incomes each being well into six figures, claiming such steps would help to stimulate the local economy of new lawyers. A leader of the rival gang of Monetarist thugs also arrested was asked regarding his pending criminal charges and simply replied "I'm confident the free market will ultimately set things right".
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 06:46:50 PM »

This last report reminds me of something that would happen in one of my political games or in that redistricting game thingy. Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 08:45:05 PM »

Erg! And so it continues. No sooner does the office move take place last week when one of the four prosecutors in my office goes on paternity leave. So now I'm doing double duty through next week. Though I guess I owe him for covering for my daddy leave this summer Tongue.

I'm actually leaving for home momentarily after a 13 hour day. My wife gets home from a meeting then has to go back to work--at 9 PM after working 12 hours. Whoever said public employees and non-profit workers are overpaid goldbrickers can suck it. Angry

I will maintain at least "moderate" activity till then, though. I hope to update national economic stats AND (maybe) finish the Budget Process Committee work by the end of this week. Then, at long last, I can get work on some real storylines. Cheesy
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 09:15:18 PM »

STATEMENT TO THE SENATE AND PRESIDENT REGARDING THE BUDGET:

Greetings assembled politicos:

Momentarily the budget adopted by the Budget Process Committee will be posted. It's basically the same as the NathanNewman Sim (Long Version) provided in the Committee and the Economics discussion thread, with the Committee's estimation of the current national debt. I want to first thank all of the Committee members for the work they gave in formulating this addition to Atlasia government. You can each look at your efforts for the Committee and be accordingly proud.

First thing the government needs to understand about this budget:

THIS IS NOT A PROPOSAL AS TO WHAT THE BUDGET SHOULD BE, BUT RATHER AN ESTIMATION OF WHAT IT CURRENTLY IS.

What you esteemed elected representatives of the people decide to do with the budget from this point is entirely up to you.

Technically, as GM I could simply adopt this budget as posted and that would be that, short of President Fritz firing me. Tongue But I want this to be as broad-based a project as possible. While the Committee sincerely hopes their hard work is acceptable and finished, if the consensus of the Senate and President is that there are necessary changes--again, the question being what the budget IS, not what it SHOULD BE---then we will take those recommendations under advisement and go back to deliberations (again, if we really, REALLY have to Tongue).

As far as upkeep of the budget goes, fundamentally that is in your control also. A few considerations though: It was noted among skeptics that the budget was a tedious process that bored many having to do every year. A very good suggestion was made to treat the budget more as a tally sheet of decisions affecting spending and taxes, rather than an annual process to be voted on.

With this in mind, unless the government decides differently, the budget will be modified only by 1) policy decisions (i.e. laws passed affecting the budget); and b) generally incremental changes caused by inflation, population growth, and some national events. In other words, the Senate and president need not pass a budget every year or term in order to keep government running. Unless specific changes are made to particular program(s) and/or taxes, the budget will otherwise be marginally changed every year by the GM to account for inflation and population growth, but at the same basic spending levels as last decided on by the government. Specific events might change spending levels a bit more as determined by the GM.

For example, increased unemployment rates will trigger increased spending on unemployment benefits. We can (unsurprisingly) expect the costs of medical care to rise faster than the standard Consumer Price Index (without reforms of course), and disasters like 9/11 can cause a drop in economic activity and resulting tax revenue. If the GM determines there are such national trends effecting the numbers outside legislation passed there will be suitable news reports to warn of the developments (or at least to explain the problem when the revised budget numbers come out Tongue).

But again, this is all up to YOU. If the Senate should pass and the president sign (or have his veto overridden) a bill or resolution to actually do an annual budget process, then as the government's loyal servant I'll gladly abide. Otherwise, just keep doing what you've been doing and now we can put all this debate about government spending, taxation and debt to actual practice.

We've worked on this hard in the Committee, but from here on in this is YOUR budget. Think of it as a new toy we've built for Atlasia to enjoy. Smiley Now, like any new toy received by a kid on Christmas morning, feel free to kick it to shreds. Wink

And now, without further ado, Atlasia's current budget:
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 09:15:45 PM »

Spending ($2673.05 billion)

Military Spending ($446.11 billion)
$106.57 billion ... Military personnel
$153.62 billion ... Operation and maintenance
$80.84 billion .... Procurement
$68.13 billion .... Research, development, test and evaluation
$16.15 billion .... Military Construction, Family Housing and Other
$17.99 billion .... Atomic Energy Defense Activities
$2.81 billion ..... Defense Related activities

Iraq and Afghanistan Operations ($111.85 billion)
$105 billion ..... Military Operations
$6.85 billion .... Reconstruction aid

Military Retirement ($115.48 billion)
$40.83 billion .... Military retirement
$36.34 billion .... Income security for veterans
$3.24 billion ...... Veterans education, training, and rehabilitation
$34.35 billion ..... Hospital and medical care for veterans and retired military
$0.72 billion ...... Housing and other veterans benefits and services

International affairs ($31.59 billion)
$13 billion ........ International development and humanitarian assistance
$9.47 billion ...... International military aid
$7.97 billion ...... Conduct of foreign affairs
$1.15 billion ...... Foreign information and exchange activities

General science, space, and technology ($23.97 billion)
$5.62 billion ...... National Science Foundation programs
$3.44 billion ...... Department of Energy general science programs
$14.91 billion ..... Space flight, research, and supporting activities

Non-Defense Energy Spending ($2.12 billion)
$0.73 billion ...... Energy supply
$1.03 billion ...... Energy conservation and preparedness
$0.36 billion ...... Energy information, preparedness, & regulation

Natural resources and environment ($31.16 billion)
$5.45 billion ..... Water resources
$9.07 billion ..... Conservation and land management
$3.12 billion ..... Recreational & Park resources
$8.42 billion ..... Pollution control and abatement
$5.1 billion ....... Other natural resources

Agriculture ($26.02 billion)
$21.73 billion ..... Farm income stabilization & crop insurance
$4.29 billion ...... Agricultural research and services

Commerce and Housing Loan Programs ($6.82 billion)
$-4.28 billion ..... Federal Housing Loan Programs
$2.17 billion ...... Postal service
$-0.96 billion ..... Deposit insurance
$7.96 billion ...... Universal service fund
$1.93 billion ...... Other advancement of commerce

Transportation ($70.68 billion)
$36.51 billion ..... Highways and highway safety
$8.51 billion ...... Mass transit
$0.61 billion ...... Railroads
$17.26 billion ..... Air Transportion
$7.37 billion ...... Water transportation
$0.42 billion ...... Other transportation

Community and regional development ($19.1 billion)
$6.25 billion ...... Community development
$2.86 billion ...... Area and regional development
$9.99 billion ...... Disaster relief and insurance

Education ($64.07 billion)
$38.57 billion ..... Elementary, Secondary & Vocational education
$22.27 billion ..... Higher education
$3.23 billion ...... Research and general education

Training, labor and unemployment ($47.81 billion)
$6.88 billion ...... Training and employment
$1.6 billion ....... Labor law, statistics, and other administration
$39.33 billion ..... Unemployment compensation

Non-Medicare Health Spending ($253.32 billion)
$192.72 billion .... Medicaid grants
$6.23 billion ...... State Children's Health Insurance
$3.17 billion ...... Indian health
$3.24 billion ...... Substance abuse and mental health services
$4.7 billion ....... Disease control, public health and bioterrorism
$29.36 billion ..... Health research and training
$3.01 billion ...... Food safety and occupational health and safety
$10.89 billion ..... Other health care services

Medicare ($345.76 billion)
$182.76 billion .... Hospital insurance (HI)
$115.14 billion .... Supplementary medical insurance (SMI)
$46.7 billion ...... Prescription drug benefit
$1.16 billion ...... Health care fraud

Civilian Retirement (Social Security excluded) ($72.02 billion)
$4.89 billion ...... Civilian retirement and disability insurance
$58.22 billion ..... Federal employee retirement and disability
$8.91 billion ...... Federal employees' and retired employees' health benefits

Aid to Low-Income Families ($206.78 billion)
$38.45 billion ..... Housing assistance
$37.58 billion ..... Food stamps
$19.3 billion ...... Other nutrition programs (WIC, school lunches)
$38.66 billion ..... Supplemental security income (SSI)
$18.21 billion ..... Family support payments (TANF)
$34.05 billion ..... Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
$13.15 billion ..... Child tax credit
$4.8 billion ....... Child care funds
$2.58 billion ...... Other aid to low-income families

General Family Support ($25.62 billion)
$6.56 billion ...... Foster care and adoption assistance
$2.92 billion ...... Child support and family support programs
$16.14 billion ..... Social and family services

Social security ($544.82 billion)
$454.4 billion ..... Old-age and survivors insurance(OASI)
$90.42 billion ..... Disability insurance (DI)

Administration of justice ($43.1 billion)
$11.35 billion ..... Federal law enforcement
$10.46 billion ..... Border security and immigration
$10.91 billion ..... Federal litigation and judicial activities
$6.16 billion ...... Federal prison system
$4.22 billion ...... Criminal justice assistance

General government administration ($17.76 billion)
$3.67 billion ...... Legislative functions
$1.14 billion ...... Executive office programs
$9.8 billion ....... IRS & other fiscal operations
$3.15 billion ...... Other general government

Net_interest_long ($211.08 billion)
$211.08 billion .... Net Interest

Undistributed offsetting receipts and allowance ($-43.99 billion)
$-43.99 billion .... Undistributed offsetting receipts and allowance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tax Expenditures and Tax Cuts ($1075.13 billion)

2001 and 2003 Tax Cuts ($294.9 billion)
$116.96 billion .... Benefits for Richest 1% of Taxpayers
$28.87 billion ..... Benefits for Next Richest 4%
$58.92 billion ..... Benefits for Next Richest 15%
$43.6 billion ...... Benefits for Next 20% of Taxpayers
$46.55 billion ..... Benefits for Bottom 60% of Taxpayers

Corporate Tax Breaks ($60.36 billion)
$15.74 billion ..... Untaxed Foreign Profits
$9.87 billion ...... R&D Tax Breaks
$4.05 billion ...... Energy, Mining and Timber Tax Breaks
$9.93 billion ...... Tax Free Bonds
$20.77 billion ..... Other Corporate Tax Breaks

Personal Business & Investment Benefits ($86.71 billion)
$30.38 billion ..... Lower tax rates on capital gains (excluding housing)
$28.76 billion ..... Step-up basis of capital gains at death
$23.01 billion ..... Tax-Free Bonds
$1.36 billion ...... Enterprise & Empowerment Zones and New Markets credit
$3.2 billion ....... Other personal investment tax breaks

Pension & Retirement Deductions ($168.47 billion)
$51.05 billion ..... Employer-paid Pensions
$58.12 billion ..... 401Ks & Keogh plans
$7.31 billion ...... IRAs
$29.48 billion ..... Group and personal life insurance benefits
$19.77 billion ..... Untaxed Social Security benefits
$2.74 billion ...... Other retirement benefits

Health Insurance Tax Benefits ($140.99 billion)
$125.69 billion .... Employer-paid Health Insurance
$4.33 billion ...... Self-employed medical insurance premiums
$1.83 billion ...... Medical Savings/Health Savings Accounts
$9.14 billion ...... Deductibility of medical expenses

Housing tax benefits ($163.71 billion)
$76.03 billion ..... Mortgage Interest
$14.83 billion ..... Deductibility of property taxes on homes
$36.27 billion ..... Capital gains exclusion on home sales
$29.72 billion ..... Exclusion of net imputed rental income on owner-occupied homes
$2.11 billion ...... Housing bonds & low-income housing investments
$4.75 billion ...... Exception from passive loss rules for $25,000 of rental loss

Other individual deductions and exemptions ($159.99 billion)
$37.89 billion ..... Charitable contributions
$34.62 billion ..... State and local taxes (w/o home property)
$6.55 billion ...... Soldiers and veterans tax benefits
$5.94 billion ...... Workmen's compensation
$14.01 billion ..... Education deductions and credits
$32.81 billion ..... Child credit
$2.81 billion ...... Child care credits and deductions
$2 billion ......... Deduction for the blind and elderly
$7.86 billion ...... Social Security benefits for disabled and survivors
$3.76 billion ...... Untaxed foreign personal income
$3.28 billion ...... Employee parking and transit expenses
$1.25 billion ...... Adoption and foster care tax credits
$5.42 billion ...... Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)- revenue loss component
$1.79 billion ...... Other fringe benefits

-----------------

New budget is $3748.18 billion
($2673.05 billion in spending, $1075.13 billion in tax expenditures and cuts).

Deficit is $401.04 billion.

National Debt: $9.81 Trillion
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 09:21:38 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2011, 11:47:59 AM by Badger »

Tax Rates

Marginal Tax Rate
           Single                        Married Filing Jointly         Married Filing Separately   Head of Household

10%: $0 – $8,375                $0 – $16,750                    $0 – $8,375                     $0–$11,950

15%: $8,376–$34,000         $16,751–$68,000             $8,376 – $34,000            $11,951–$45,550

25%: $34,001–$82,400       $68,001 – $137,300         $34,001 – $68,650          $45,551–$117,650

28%: $82,401–$171,850     $137,301 – $209,250       $68,651–$104,625         $117,651–$190,550
33%: $171,851–$373,650   $209,251 –$373,650        $104,626–$186,825        $190,551-$373,650
35%: $373,651+                  $373,651+                       $186,826+                       $373,651+

Corporate Tax Rates:
Taxable Income ($) Tax Rate:

$0 to 50,000 15%

$50,000 to 75,000 25%

$75,000 to 100,000 34%

$100,000 to 335,000 39%

$335,000 to 10,000,000 34%

$10,000,000 to 15,000,000 35%

$15,000,000 to 18,333,333 38%

$18,333,333 and up 35%

This rate structure produces a flat 34% tax rate on incomes from $335,000 to $10,000,000, gradually increasing to a flat rate of 35% on incomes above $18,333,333.

Estate Tax: 45% on estates above $2 mil

Excise Taxes:
Gas: 18.4 cents/gallon (24.4 cents/gallon for diesel).

Cigarettes: $1 per pack.

All other taxes rates are at RL FY 2010 levels.
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »

Marginal Tax Rate
           Single /           Married Filing Jointly/ Married Filing Separately/  Head of Household
10%: $0 – $8,375         / $0 – $16,750          /$0 – $8,375          / $0 – $11,950
15%: $8,376–$34,000/ $16,751–$68,000/ $8,376 – $34,000/ $11,951 – $45,550
25%: $34,001–$82,400/ $68,001 – $137,300/ $34,001 – $68,650/ $45,551 – $117,650
28%: $82,401–$171,850/ $137,301 – $209,250/ $68,651 – $104,625/ $117,651 – $190,550
33%: $171,851–$373,650/ $209,251 –$373,650/ $104,626–$186,825/ $190,551 - $373,650
35%: $373,651+/ $373,651+/ $186,826+/ $373,651+/

Sorry, that's impossible to read. Use a table, please.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 10:31:35 AM »

I'd be very surprised if the Atlasian tax system recognises marriage - has the government gone back into the marriage business while I wasn't paying attention?
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2010, 12:11:44 PM »

Congratulations on a job well done.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 04:09:08 PM »

I'd be very surprised if the Atlasian tax system recognises marriage - has the government gone back into the marriage business while I wasn't paying attention?

Did it ever formally leave the marriage business. I'm asking seriously rather than snarkily. Note my relatively recent (March, 2009) registration Wink. Insight from an old time veteran like yourself would be helpful here.

On behalf of the Committee, Mr. President, thank you very much. Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 04:10:33 PM »

Marginal Tax Rate
           Single /           Married Filing Jointly/ Married Filing Separately/  Head of Household
10%: $0 – $8,375         / $0 – $16,750          /$0 – $8,375          / $0 – $11,950
15%: $8,376–$34,000/ $16,751–$68,000/ $8,376 – $34,000/ $11,951 – $45,550
25%: $34,001–$82,400/ $68,001 – $137,300/ $34,001 – $68,650/ $45,551 – $117,650
28%: $82,401–$171,850/ $137,301 – $209,250/ $68,651 – $104,625/ $117,651 – $190,550
33%: $171,851–$373,650/ $209,251 –$373,650/ $104,626–$186,825/ $190,551 - $373,650
35%: $373,651+/ $373,651+/ $186,826+/ $373,651+/

Sorry, that's impossible to read. Use a table, please.

Point taken. I'll get on that.

Er, how exactly do I do this? Embarrassed
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 04:11:55 PM »

Nice work so far, Badger.
Badger
badger