Office of the Game Moderator/Atlasian Mustelid Post Gazette (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:40:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Game Moderator/Atlasian Mustelid Post Gazette (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Game Moderator/Atlasian Mustelid Post Gazette  (Read 23732 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« on: November 18, 2010, 10:31:35 AM »

I'd be very surprised if the Atlasian tax system recognises marriage - has the government gone back into the marriage business while I wasn't paying attention?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 10:53:29 AM »

I'd be very surprised if the Atlasian tax system recognises marriage - has the government gone back into the marriage business while I wasn't paying attention?

Did it ever formally leave the marriage business. I'm asking seriously rather than snarkily. Note my relatively recent (March, 2009) registration Wink. Insight from an old time veteran like yourself would be helpful here.

Sorry - wasn't trying to be snarky myself - I don't pay enough attention to know for sure.
Anyway, this bill was what I was thinking of.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 03:33:10 AM »

Did it ever formally leave the marriage business. I'm asking seriously rather than snarkily. Note my relatively recent (March, 2009) registration Wink. Insight from an old time veteran like yourself would be helpful here.

Sorry - wasn't trying to be snarky myself - I don't pay enough attention to know for sure.
Anyway, this bill was what I was thinking of.

Interesting point (and not taken as snarkily; I was referring to my question and trying to phrase it in a way that didn't sound like I was being bitchy Wink). Still, from my brief review of Article 2 it appears "marriages" are still in effect, but just all relabeled as "civil unions". So I'd guess the same laws apply, but the term "marriage" is just legally anachronistic rather than void.

Indeed

again, once someone can show me how to do that. Embarrassed

This explains most of the posting button things, the 3 table buttons (create table; create row; create column) are explained therein.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 01:16:14 PM »

As a sort of meta-question here related to the role of the GM and the powers of the President, with regard to the TSA affair and the rescinded resignations - was this simply the case that the President declared he successfully negotiated their rescision and you as GM went along with that (or felt you had to) - or was there a behind the scenes discussion between the President and yourself about how that might happen?
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 06:40:49 PM »

As a sort of meta-question here related to the role of the GM and the powers of the President, with regard to the TSA affair and the rescinded resignations - was this simply the case that the President declared he successfully negotiated their rescision and you as GM went along with that (or felt you had to) - or was there a behind the scenes discussion between the President and yourself about how that might happen?

There was a simulated conversation involving the President, the GM and myself.

Cool Smiley
Thanks Cynic
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies