Office of the Game Moderator/Atlasian Mustelid Post Gazette (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:17:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of the Game Moderator/Atlasian Mustelid Post Gazette (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of the Game Moderator/Atlasian Mustelid Post Gazette  (Read 23730 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 21, 2011, 07:35:48 PM »

We need to cut Medicare Spending, Iraq/Afghan Operations and Military Spending.

Given that we don't have Iraq/Afghan operations, it's rather disturbing that we spend anything at all on them.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »

Given that we don't have Iraq/Afghan operations, it's rather disturbing that we spend anything at all on them.

Interesting note. I've raised this question at multiple points, including specifically in the Budget Process Committee discussions. To this point no one has pointed out to me, despite repeated requests, anything in Atlasian history showing our government made a firm and decisive break with RL policy/military activity in Iraq or Afghanistan. I'm not swearing that hasn't happened, but merely no one has pointed it out to me despite repeated requests.

Until then--and if this post doesn't produce it nothing will--I'm assuming Atlasian activity and spending in both theaters matches RL.

Nothing explicit, but the Foreign Policy Review Act of 2010 seems to suggest fairly normal relations with both Afghanistan & Iraq.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »

Interesting note. I've raised this question at multiple points, including specifically in the Budget Process Committee discussions. To this point no one has pointed out to me, despite repeated requests, anything in Atlasian history showing our government made a firm and decisive break with RL policy/military activity in Iraq or Afghanistan. I'm not swearing that hasn't happened, but merely no one has pointed it out to me despite repeated requests.

Until then--and if this post doesn't produce it nothing will--I'm assuming Atlasian activity and spending in both theaters matches RL.

Nothing explicit, but the Foreign Policy Review Act of 2010 seems to suggest fairly normal relations with both Afghanistan & Iraq.

True, but that has to do with relations with the government. I imagine RL relations with the Afghanistani and Iraqi leadership would be considered similarly. Also, simply not specific at all re: termination of military ventures there. Thanks for providing this PiT, but if this is all there is then the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq (and their attendant spending) continue as per RL until the government decrees otherwise.

I can't believe this hasn't been touched on previously. What were you guys all debating about in 2006 and when the surge occurred? For that matter I can't believe I didn't inquire about this while a Senator. Tongue

Perhaps more relevantly, we also have a free trade agreement with Iraq, per the Omnibus Trade Reorganization & Wiki Consolidation Act.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 09:49:52 PM »

I would hope that the office of GM would not be left vacant for over a month.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies