PPP polls AZ-03, oh my god (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:09:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  PPP polls AZ-03, oh my god (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP polls AZ-03, oh my god  (Read 13726 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: October 19, 2010, 06:45:59 PM »

This proves that PPP has gone off the deep end.

Nope. It more than likely proves that Quayle is a terrible candidate though.

Well, if Quayle does lose, you can put this down in the "Seats Republicans will pickup in 2012" Category.

If we can hold ID-1 in 2010 Wink

Minnick's Tea Party endorsement likely explains 90% of his lead.  The other 10% comes from his wacky opponent.
Stop talking about things you don't understand. Minnick could have held this seat against Ward as well.

I highly doubt Ward and Labrador are the only Republicans in ID-01. Tongue

Criticizing the current nominee in a race, isn't an endorsement for his primary opponent you know. You can criticize Maes for instance and that doesn't mean you wanted McInnis instead. It could mean you wanted Penry or Suthers or someone else that is remotely acceptable that ran and dropped out or considered running and decided not to.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 11:45:33 PM »

This proves that PPP has gone off the deep end.

Nope. It more than likely proves that Quayle is a terrible candidate though.

Well, if Quayle does lose, you can put this down in the "Seats Republicans will pickup in 2012" Category.

If we can hold ID-1 in 2010 Wink

Minnick's Tea Party endorsement likely explains 90% of his lead.  The other 10% comes from his wacky opponent.
Stop talking about things you don't understand. Minnick could have held this seat against Ward as well.
I highly doubt Ward and Labrador are the only Republicans in ID-01. Tongue

Criticizing the current nominee in a race, isn't an endorsement for his primary opponent you know. You can criticize Maes for instance and that doesn't mean you wanted McInnis instead. It could mean you wanted Penry or Suthers or someone else that is remotely acceptable that ran and dropped out or considered running and decided not to.
Republicans in this district have an inability to nominate sane candidates, especially during years where the conservative grassroots are fired up. Two county commissioners were toppled along with around 10 GOP state senators and representatives, many of whom were already ideologues. I'm surprised that more candidates besides Labrador and Ward didn't run for this district. I suppose if they recruited a rising star like Ward that wasn't a total idiot, picking up this seat would be fairly easy. Mostly I was criticizing the other poster's statement because no one cares about the TPE.

Minnick has quickly become entrenched. 2012 will definitely be more difficult for him but if he can survive in 2k12, he'll be this district's congressman for a long time.

Some trench? They produce the shovels in china?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies