PA-04: Susquehanna (R): Rep. Altmire (D) very likely to win re-election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:47:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 House Election Polls
  PA-04: Susquehanna (R): Rep. Altmire (D) very likely to win re-election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-04: Susquehanna (R): Rep. Altmire (D) very likely to win re-election  (Read 2806 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: October 20, 2010, 10:36:20 AM »

47% Jason Altmire (D)
35% Keith Rothfus (R)
18% Undecided

The Susquehanna Polling & Research poll was conducted for the Tribune-Review among 400 likely voters and found 18 percent are undecided. The poll took place Saturday and Sunday and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.9 percentage points.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/images/video/2010_pdfs/20101020gAltPoll.pdf

Woot! Even if he did vote against HCR Tongue
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 06:25:57 PM »

I actually agree with both of you guys. Wink I think Altmire would've supported HCR if it came down to his vote, but that's why I still like him. Grin

That lead is big enough, George, I suspect he'd probably pull through even if he'd supported HCR, but admittedly it'd be close. In fact if he'd faced Buchanan as originally expected AND voted for HCR he'd probably now be sweating bullets in a neck and neck race. (Say what one will about Mary Beth, she would've been a stronger candidate than a no name tea bagger like Rothfus). With both in effect he'll have a relatively uncompetative reelection in an otherwise bad year for PA Dems.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:14:04 PM »

The only problem with all of that, is that if a guy votes against his party only if his vote is not needed, then well, he is basically lying to his constituents. That to my mind is quite dishonorable, Badger.

So I assume you're no fan of Scott Brown's, Torie? Wink
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 01:51:16 PM »

The only problem with all of that, is that if a guy votes against his party only if his vote is not needed, then well, he is basically lying to his constituents. That to my mind is quite dishonorable, Badger.

So I assume you're no fan of Scott Brown's, Torie? Wink

You mean the Scott Brown that was vote number 60 on financial reform?

Exception to the rule I sez. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies