Jewish Vote in 2030 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:11:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Jewish Vote in 2030 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How will the Jewish vote be split in 2030?
50-50

60-40 Dem

70-30 Dem

80-20 Dem

Republican by any margin

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Jewish Vote in 2030  (Read 10373 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: December 04, 2004, 04:50:28 PM »

I worked at a polling place in a heavily Jewish neighborhood with many Russians.  The German-Hungarian Jews who have been in this part of NE Philly for a while voted strongly Kerry.  However, I noticed the Russian Jews were heavily Bush.  Funny, a lot of campaigns had literature in English, Hebrew, and Russian.  There were Kenney, Mirarchi, and Bush-Cheny signs in Russian and Hebrew here.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 11:56:05 AM »

1 word, IrishDemocrat, Communism. It's the effect of being oppressed by a far-left government turning Russian Jews to vote as differently from Communist ideals as possible. The same dynamic occured with Jews who came in in the early 1900's, except reversed. They fled fascism and authoritarian ditatorships and voted as far left as possible.

Makes sense.  Now I know why older Jews were so far left.  Then again, ethnic voting blocs are nearly becoming irrelevant.  Just look at Irish Catholics.  Quite honestly one of the most, if not the most split voting bloc in America.  Some follow the church to the letter and others could care less, like me!
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 12:31:54 PM »

Here's a question: Do YOU care about Syria, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, or Turkey? Of course you don't. You couldn't care less. Fortunately, though, American Jews are finally beginning to realize that we are not Israelis, we are Americans.

Congratulations. I, for one, am proud to be in the 80% of Jews that cares enough about my own country to not vote based solely on Israel.

(and no, I don't support the Palestinians)

Right on, Cashcow! I am proud to be in the 80% as well.

Irish Catholics USED to be an 80% bloc for Kennedy.  Damn church duping it's members via "voters guides."
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 12:41:59 PM »

Here's a question: Do YOU care about Syria, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, or Turkey? Of course you don't. You couldn't care less. Fortunately, though, American Jews are finally beginning to realize that we are not Israelis, we are Americans.

Congratulations. I, for one, am proud to be in the 80% of Jews that cares enough about my own country to not vote based solely on Israel.

Irish Catholics USED to be an 80% bloc for Kennedy.  Damn church duping it's members via "voters guides."

I'm proud to say my temple did not tell me how to vote one way or the other Smiley Although there is that Committee Chairman who looks exactly like Bob Ehrlich....

My temple has a female lesbian has the rabbi, I don't think they exactly want us voting on fundamental religous values.

It seems like your church cares about what its members think.  Funny, Allyson Schwartz, the lone woman in my signature, is active at her synagogue.  We had voters guides shoved down our throats coming out of Mass that heavily favored the GOP.  We also have "Generation Life" getting 15 minutes at the end of Mass as well not only making Mass longer, but shoving down stuff I don't care to listen to.  

I'm not saying I'm getting Bar Mitzvahed, but I wish the Catholic church would be more open minded about stuff.  It's really ashame the Catholic church is quietly turning a lot of people off, including myself.  
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 12:43:53 PM »

Damn church duping it's members via "voters guides."

Yeah how DARE the Church express it's views. I never hear you complain about Protestant churches allowing candidates (mostly Democrats) to speak, BL...

No, I have a probelm with them highliting the Santoomey Doctrine and telling its more liberal members they should be denied Holy Communion.  You know the Catholic church should be taking some hints here.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2004, 12:48:29 PM »

I'm proud to say my temple did not tell me how to vote one way or the other Smiley Although there is that Committee Chairman who looks exactly like Bob Ehrlich....

My temple has a female lesbian has the rabbi, I don't think they exactly want us voting on fundamental religous values.

It seems like your church cares about what its members think.  Funny, Allyson Schwartz, the lone woman in my signature, is active at her synagogue.  We had voters guides shoved down our throats coming out of Mass that heavily favored the GOP.  We also have "Generation Life" getting 15 minutes at the end of Mass as well not only making Mass longer, but shoving down stuff I don't care to listen to.  

And if you don't care to listen to what the Church believes, I'm sorry but maybe you should leave.

Believe me I'm thinking heavily about it.  My parents are making that thought very difficult though.  Then again, I'm glad pro-choice Catholics are standing up to the conservatives, so I may not go anywhere on my own regardless of my parents.  I generally believe what the church says on a lot of issues.  There are certain ones I will dispute though.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 12:55:11 PM »

And if you don't care to listen to what the Church believes, I'm sorry but maybe you should leave.

Believe me I'm thinking heavily about it.  My parents are making that thought very difficult though.  Then again, I'm glad pro-choice Catholics are standing up to the conservatives, so I may not go anywhere on my own regardless of my parents.  I generally believe what the church says on a lot of issues.  There are certain ones I will dispute though.

Please answer my question about Democratic candidates going to Protestant churches, campaigning for votes from the pulpit. Do you think that is wrong?

Absolutely.  Sharpton and Co. go too far as well.  IRC Code 501(c)(3) applies to everyone and they should be questioned.  These "voters guides" do not technically violate these rules, but come VERY close to endorsing the Republican party.  Here's what's funny about it:  VOTING MELISSA BROWN WOULD BE WRONG AS WELL!

No AKno, they don't say "vote Joe", but the language heavily favors the Santoomeys and Bushies.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 12:58:13 PM »

Here's the link:

http://www.catholic.com/library/voters_guide.asp

Now tell me this isn't biased.  This crap was actually in print and dished out after Mass in many places.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 01:09:03 PM »

The language favors Santoomeys and Bushies because they agree with what the Church believes.

As for "Voting Melissa Brown would be wrong as well." That's not true at all. The Church does not favor this type of situation but if the two major candidates disagree with the Church's view on issue whatever, the Church says that members should think of the major candidate that stands closest to what we, as Catholics, believe.

First, I'll address the Santoomey issue.  The bigwigs that donate thousands of dollars to the Archdioscese want abortion brought to the forefront becuase they of course want their tax breaks.  The Catholic church has sold out to the Bob Joneses and corporate America.  Values such as opposing the Iraq War and the death penalty apparently are not on these donors agendas.  The Church has money.  They have lost touch.

Voting Melissa Brown is, according to the guide, against one of the 5 non-negotiable issues.  Keystone, you can not defend this. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2004, 03:43:51 PM »

Number 4 on How To Vote in the Catholic Voter's Guide

4. Where ever candidate endorses positions contrary to non-negotiable principles, choose the candidate likely to do the least harm. If several are equal, evaluate them based on their views on other, lesser issues.

http://www.catholic.com/library/voters_guide.asp

Are we forgetting a 3rd option here?  Jamie McDermott who is the least harmful?  You keep trying to deny the the fact the church is slanting GOP. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 04:39:49 PM »

1. Do not just vote based on your political party affiliation, your earlier voting habits, or your family's voting tradition. Years ago, these may have been trustworthy ways to determine whom to vote for, but today they are often not reliable. You need to look at the stands each candidate takes. This means that you may end up casting votes for candidates from more than one party.

Translation: I know many Catholics were previously Democrats, but "moral" issues such as abortion are better suited for the Republican party by today's standards.  Justice for the poor, the death penalty,a dn oppositiong ot the war in Iraq are not really that important and if you oppose these points of view, it's ok. 
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 04:49:07 PM »

I think Republicans need to accept the fact that Democrats aren't leaving religion, religion is leaving them.

I agree with that statement.  The Catholic Church as a whole has become a horrific corporate lackey.  From being the revered center of a neighborhood which actually cared for it's parishoners, it seems priests do more to bitch at their parishoners than include them either at the pulpit or in parish bulletins.  Most in the clergy are more concerned with their wealthy donors than their parishoners.  Then they have the nerve to turn around and tell us how poorly we dress coming into Mass or hearing a homily about why only 15% of supposed "Catholics" show up for Mass.  Then after Communion, I once had to hear a 20 minute piece of propagnada from "Generation Life" followed by a collection for it.  They further had the nerve to collect even more money as I was leaving Mass.  

Keystone, all I'm saying is the Church needs to clean up its act or it will have even more problems than it does now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies