Minnesota (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:41:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Minnesota (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Minnesota  (Read 10386 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« on: March 18, 2004, 06:27:54 PM »

Schools are pretty good statewide,

Pretty good?  Pshaw! Wink Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 06:46:45 PM »

how the hell is Coleman going to help Bush at all? He didn't even get 50%. In fact, NO Republican statewide office holder has gotten over 50% of the vote, the only statewide office holder to do so is Democratic Attorney General Mike Hatch.

In my little corner of southern Minnesota anti-Bush bumper stickers outnumber pro-ones at least 3:1 and if you go to the metro area it's more like 20:1 and you'd have a tough time finding someone more popular than Bush in the Twin Cities. 41% for an incumbent is very poor, especially when the poll was taking early and before Kerry campaigned here. I do not see Bush winning Minnesota, but sadly he'll try and I'll have to deal with his worthless lies and load of crap ads.

It's nice to see another Democratic Minnesotan here! (sorry if I didn't catch you earlier)

Anyway, these upper-middle-class/high-class 'burbs I live in are Bush country.  However, when I went to my precinct's caucuses, there were maybe 20+ people... I was surprised!

Also, for another indicator of how liberal Democrats here, just look at the caucus results-- Dennis Kucinich got 16.83% of the caucuses.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 07:41:15 PM »

People will bring up the amorphous 'nader factor' but remember local girl winona laduke may have helped Nader,

Well... at least you said may...
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 09:12:39 PM »

Why do people in Minnesota hate Bush so much.  Your description kind of sounds like New Haven or New York City, where you cant walk a block without seeing anti-Bush grafiti.  But you could understand those two cities because they are in the northeast with high minority populations.

I think it's a bit of an exaggeration Wink
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 09:19:09 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2004, 09:24:57 PM by ilikeverin »

Oh.  N/M.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 10:07:42 PM »

...down-to-earth, church-going Midwestern voter....

Oh dear.  We have a problem.

That was in the past.  Now, we have the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul... pretty much the deciders of the election.  It may come as a surprise, but we're actually cultured.

Kerry may not resound with church-goers here... but Bush doesn't either.  Most Minnesotans are Lutherans, IMO.  We're not as religious as Bush.  Religion isn't a factor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies