Office of IDS Emperor PiT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:15:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of IDS Emperor PiT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Author Topic: Office of IDS Emperor PiT  (Read 35858 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2010, 10:08:29 PM »

Within three hours of announcing my three appointments, all of them have sworn in to their various offices. In a region that has had difficulty getting active officeholders, I consider this a good start to my reign. Smiley

I would also like to thank my predecessor for bequeathing his pen/lightsaber unto me.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »

I would like to congratulate Darth Yelnoc on being elected to the office of Imperial Speaker, becoming the Second Speaker of the Legislature of our great empire.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT

John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 06:58:30 AM »

Congratulations on your victory in the election, your majesty. I have ordered all the lower courts to sacrifice a goat in your honor.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 03:18:54 PM »

Congratulations on your victory in the election, your majesty. I have ordered all the lower courts to sacrifice a goat in your honor.

Excellent, Overlord Dibble. The honor of these goats shall spur the Imperial Army to yet greater things. Evil
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 08:56:19 PM »

Sorry guys. I fail at governing. Sad
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 04:28:16 PM »
« Edited: November 09, 2010, 10:05:39 PM by Emperor PiT »

I believe that I shall open the voting booth at midnight CST tonight & allow 72 hours for voting. I am unclear as to whether it will be possible for any candidates to be included on the ballot, though, given the short timeframe. Thoughts on the matter?
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2010, 05:09:03 PM »

My (biased) suggstion-

Include names of those announced before the booth opens in the ballot, allow for write-ins of those announcong after the booth opens.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 07:30:38 AM »

My (biased) suggstion-

Include names of those announced before the booth opens in the ballot, allow for write-ins of those announcong after the booth opens.

To be fair, this is the best method. The Constitution essentially calls for an IMMEDIATE election; and as a matter of practicality anyone interested in running could have declared in the several days that it was obvious there would be a special election. Also write-in votes DO win in the SE pretty often. Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 10:13:59 AM »

Just putting this here because I don't know where else to put it: note that abaleman is not a registered Southeastern voter. Per the region-moving restrictions in Article V of the Federal Constitution he's still a resident of Minnesota until next April.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 02:15:02 PM »

Just putting this here because I don't know where else to put it: note that abaleman is not a registered Southeastern voter. Per the region-moving restrictions in Article V of the Federal Constitution he's still a resident of Minnesota until next April.

Thanks for the heads-up. It probably won't make a difference, but an accurate count would be good.
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.77, S: -4.52

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2010, 04:55:27 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2010, 04:59:39 PM by albaleman »

That's BS and I'll prove it.

Voting in the special election shall begin immediately and shall conclude Friday, November 12 at 11:59 CST. Voting shall be conducted under IDS Voting Regulations. Voting will be conducted via the method of approval voting.

A voter's ballot is valid only if the voter:

(a) is registered with the Atlasian Secretary of Forum Affairs as a voter of a Southern state during the entire time that the poll is open;
(b) makes only a single post in that election thread;
(c) does not edit or delete a post after the next post has been made; and
(d) clearly identifies the contest in which a vote is intended to be applied.

Therefore, I am a valid voter in the state of Mississippi. No ifs, ands, or buts.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2010, 07:11:35 PM »

According to the Census Bureau, you moved into the Midwest on October 9th. Since a citizen cannot change regions within 180 days of their last change of region, it would not be possible for you to currently be registered in Mississippi.
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2010, 07:29:01 PM »

And this is exactly the type of thing I'm p*ssed about. You said that there are only 4 rules that I need to follow to cast a valid vote and I followed them. But now you dig up some obscure rule and nail me with it.

Basically, what you did was provide me with a fraction of the rules and then say "this is all the rules you need to know".  That's not good enough. Either you should provide me with all the rules or provide me with either some or none of the rules and then say "that isn't all of the rules, you can find the rest of them here" and then provide a link.

Anyway, does that mean that I'm now a registered voter in the Midwest?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2010, 07:31:54 PM »

And this is exactly the type of thing I'm p*ssed about. You said that there are only 4 rules that I need to follow to cast a valid vote and I followed them. But now you dig up some obscure rule and nail me with it.

Basically, what you did was provide me with a fraction of the rules and then say "this is all the rules you need to know".  That's not good enough. Either you should provide me with all the rules or provide me with either some or none of the rules and then say "that isn't all of the rules, you can find the rest of them here" and then provide a link.

He did provide you with the rules, in a post you quoted.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 07:38:42 PM »

He did provide you with the rules, in a post you quoted.

But a lot of us had no clue of this obscure rule, because it was never explained properly when new members join and the only people to know this rule are apparently more established, experienced citizens.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 08:08:24 PM »

It says in the introductory thread for new members that you cannot move regions more often than once every 180 days. It's not as if this was a secret or anything.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2010, 10:10:37 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2010, 10:54:39 PM by President Fritz »

Okay, let me clear up albaleman's situation.

First, I owe albaleman an apology.  When you posted a new registration on October 25th, I missed the fact that you were making a state change as well as a party change.  It is not like me to miss details like this, and for that I am sorry.

The law is, you may change regions once every 180 days, except that new registers may make a change in the first seven days.  An attempt to change regions in less than 180 days, as you have done, results in the move being pending until the 180 days is reached.  Thus, your move to Mississippi becomes valid on April 7, 2011.  Until then, you are registered in Minnesota.  You are free to cancel the pending move if you wish to.

As this occured during my watch as Registrar General, I have updated the Voter List in the Census Bureau thread to reflect this:

I will notify the new RG of this change.  Again, please accept my apologies.
albaleman
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2010, 05:48:29 PM »

OK.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2010, 01:54:44 AM »

I would like to congratulate KS21 on being elected Lord of Darkness. I have high hopes for the Legislature to do great things with him back at the helm, this time officially.

With that in mind, the Legislative elections are due to commence in a week's time. This is a friendly reminder to all Legislators & other citizens who wish to run for the Legislature to declare, if they have not done so already.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2010, 09:13:53 AM »

Thank you, Emperor. I look forward to getting back to work with the Legislature.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2010, 09:33:32 AM »

Somebody needs to update the Lt. Governor page on the Wiki.  As of now, it says that JBrase is Lt. Governor.  I would but I do not know how to.

EDIT: Same thing goes for the Governor page.
-
KS21
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2010, 09:48:42 AM »

Somebody needs to update the Lt. Governor page on the Wiki.  As of now, it says that JBrase is Lt. Governor.  I would but I do not know how to.

EDIT: Same thing goes for the Governor page.

^^^

Dibble also mentioned this in his recent ruling. The wiki is horribly out of date, but who exactly can change it?

The AG's page also needs to be updated. And the main SE page, for that matter.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2010, 11:57:14 PM »

I can change it, though I tend to be rather busy these days. I'll try to get around to it sometime, though.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2010, 11:06:21 PM »

Letting the great people of the Imperial Dominion know that there is currently a vote on a Constitutional Amendment. Please be sure to vote! Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2010, 01:57:41 AM »

I opened the voting booth for the Legislative elections.

The two incumbent legislators aside from the speaker had not declared their intention to run for re-election (I could have sworn that I saw a declaration from Deldem a while ago, but it evidently does not exist). On the other hand, Gporter & MilesC56 declared. Miles was actually appointed Attorney General in the interim, but he never revoked his declaration of candidacy, so I think I am legally obligated to include him on the ballot.

Anyway, are you planning on running for re-election, Darth Deldem & Darth Svensson? If so, please get in there & write yourselves in. If not, that's cool too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies