Office of IDS Emperor PiT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:30:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of IDS Emperor PiT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Author Topic: Office of IDS Emperor PiT  (Read 35841 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2011, 08:39:41 AM »

I'll go ahead and introduce those for you....
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2011, 09:10:57 PM »

By the power vested in me by the Omnibus Maintenance Bill, I hereby accord omnibus status to Law #289, the Southern Symbols Omnibus Bill.

Be it resolved, X Emperor PiT
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2011, 04:10:59 AM »

It has come to my attention that the regional voting booth will have to be opened 20-32 hours from now. I blame Article I, Section 2 & Article I, Section 4 for introducing a possibility of contradiction.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2011, 08:12:43 AM »

It has come to my attention that the regional voting booth will have to be opened 20-32 hours from now. I blame Article I, Section 2 & Article I, Section 4 for introducing a possibility of contradiction.
Should we amend it in the legislature?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »

No, it's alright. I'm thinking that I might put together a manual for future Emperors, much like how Teddy put together a manual for SoFEs.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2011, 02:00:28 PM »

No, it's alright. I'm thinking that I might put together a manual for future Emperors, much like how Teddy put together a manual for SoFEs.
That would be a Great idea.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2011, 05:36:09 AM »

Brandon H informed me that he was interested in running for re-election, however Article IX, Section 3 says:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Attorney General is elected in parallel to Emperor & Viceroy, so I assume that the same regulations apply to all three, even though that is not explicitly stated. As such, I think that an announcement would have to transpire in the Candidate Declaration Thread for me to be able to list him on the ballot. I didn't check it until now, because I thought the election was going to coincide with the federal election, but then I found out it was this weekend. Sorry.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2011, 02:33:05 AM »

I've kept the regional pages under their old names until now under the thesis that old-timers who are not aware of the new names might get confused. I think it's been long enough now that anyone who might care is aware of the new name for the region & its offices, so I have begun the process of moving the regional pages to pages reflecting the current names.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2011, 08:35:55 AM »

I've kept the regional pages under their old names until now under the thesis that old-timers who are not aware of the new names might get confused. I think it's been long enough now that anyone who might care is aware of the new name for the region & its offices, so I have begun the process of moving the regional pages to pages reflecting the current names.
And so the Revolution Marches On....
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2011, 12:00:58 AM »

Election excitement & sleep deprivation issues prevented me from opening the booth for the amendment last night, so I'll open it tonight. It doesn't actually matter when I open it, & it should be good to have over 24 hours of non-overlap with the federal elections.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2011, 12:05:31 AM »

Election excitement & sleep deprivation issues prevented me from opening the booth for the amendment last night, so I'll open it tonight. It doesn't actually matter when I open it, & it should be good to have over 24 hours of non-overlap with the federal elections.

You should be impeached.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2011, 12:09:40 AM »

You should be impeached.

That would be a splendid idea, had I actually done something wrong.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2011, 01:38:26 AM »

The major changes to the region's name on the Wiki have been implemented. I'm sure there exist references on some pages that need to be changed, but all of the important regional pages have been changed, along with the region's name on the wiki main page.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2011, 02:15:22 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2011, 02:21:11 AM by Emperor PiT »

I have written three more bills, to hopefully be considered by the Legislature in due time:

Age of Consent Bill

Section 1: Definitions

a. “Sexual Conduct" is defined to include acts of intercourse (vaginal or anal), oral sex (fellatio or cunnilingus), or the insertion of any other part of the body or any foreign object into the vaginal or anal opening of another person‘s body.

b. "Sexual Contact" is defined as any touching of an erogenous zone of another, including without limitation the thigh, genitals, buttock, pubic region, or, if the person is a female, a breast, for purpose of sexually arousing or gratifying either person.

c. “Sexual Activity” is defined as constituting either sexual conduct or sexual contact.

Section 2: Age of Consent

a. Sexual conduct with any person who is less than 16 years of age is prohibited.

b. Sexual contact with any person who is less than 14 years of age is prohibited.

c. In no case may a person be prosecuted for engaging in prohibited sexual activity pursuant to this act when the difference in age between that person and the alleged victim is less than 30 months.

d. In no case may a person be prosecuted for engaging in consensual sexual activity except pursuant to Clauses a and b of this section and this act.

Section 3: Penalties

a. Any violation of Section 2, Clause a by a person under 18 years of age shall be punished by no more than six months incarceration in a juvenile detention center.

b. Any violation of Section 2, Clause a by a person 18 years of age or older shall be punished by ten to twenty years in prison, a fine of no more than $40,000, and mandatory registration as a sex offender.

c. Any violation of Section 2, Clause b by a person under 18 years of age shall be punished by no more than four months incarceration in a juvenile detention center.

d. Any violation of Section 2, Clause b by a person 18 years of age or older shall be punished by six to fifteen years in prison, a fine of no more than $25,000, and mandatory registration as a sex offender.

SOIL Amendment Bill

1. All instances of the word “Senator” or “Senators” in the Southeast Legislature Standing Rules are hereby amended to read “Legislator” or “Legislators” respectively.

2. All bullet-pointed sections under each rule in the Southeast Legislature Standing Rules shall be allotted a section number equivalent to its position amongst the sections underneath that rule, except where it is the only bullet-pointed section underneath that rule.

3. In the newly numbered Rule 3, Section 4 of the Southeast Legislature Standing Rules, “it shall be ascertained that a quorum does not exist and not present” is hereby amended to read: “should it be ascertained that a quorum does not exist”, with no other changes made to the text of that section.

Imperial Registrar Protocol Bill

Section 1: Establishment
The Imperial Dominion of the South shall establish a voters roll of Imperial citizens that meet the requirements outlined in Section 2 who shall be allowed to vote in Imperial Elections. Only those who meet the requirements to be listed on this roll shall be eligible to vote.

Section 2: Inclusion
In order to be listed on the roll, a voter
(a) must be a registered voter in Atlasia.
(b) must be eligible to vote in federal elections.
(c) must be a resident of the Imperial Dominion of the South.

Section 3: Regional Parties
(a) Citizens of the Southeast may register in regional parties in addition to federal parties.
(b) On official ballots, all candidates shall be listed with their regional party first, followed by endorsements from any other regional parties, followed by the candidate's federal party, followed by endorsements from any other federal parties.
(c) All official endorsements must be transmitted by a party official to the Governor prior to the opening of voting in order to be listed on the ballot.

Section 4: Change of Registration
The following are legal methods of changing your registration in the Imperial Dominion of the South:
(a) the voter may request to move out of the Imperial Dominion of the South. In this case the voter shall be removed from the voter rolls.
(b) the voter may request to move into the Imperial Dominion of the South. In this case the voter shall be added to the voter rolls.
(c) the voter may request to change his state of registration in the Imperial Dominion of the South after living in his current state for 180 days. In this case the voter's placement on the voter rolls will be modified accordingly.
(d) the voter may request to have his registration in Atlasia removed or deleted. In this case the request will be ignored.

Section 5: Maintenance
(a) The Viceroy shall be responsible for maintaining a list of IDS citizens and their regional party affiliation.
(b) This list shall be updated at least once per calender week, should any changes occur in that time.
(c) In the event that the office of Viceroy falls vacant, the Emperor shall be responsible for maintaining the voters roll.

Section 6: Repealed Laws
The following laws are hereby repealed:
(a) 70. Independent Voter Roll Initiative
(b) 81. Supporting Atlasian Policy Initiative
(c) 231. Act Providing for the Creation of Regional Parties
(d) 276. Registar Power Transfer Act of 2010
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2011, 03:03:06 PM »

I hereby appoint Bacon King to the vacant seat in the Legislature.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2011, 01:53:50 AM »

I don't like to pull the rug out, so to speak, but the Legislature has important business to address & we shouldn't delay addressing it any longer. As such:

I hereby revoke my appointment of Bacon King.

I hereby appoint Jbrase to the vacant seat in the Legislature.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #116 on: April 28, 2011, 04:17:58 PM »

It has come to my attention that there has been significant tornado devastation in the region.

At the request of the SoIA, I am declaring a state of emergency in all affected areas & am dispatching the IDS militia to keep the peace in these areas. I am also instructing the regional Department of Energy to assist the local utilities with restoring power to the affected areas in whatever ways those utilities deem fit to request, within reason.

Furthermore, I will be conferring with the President to discuss further courses of action either one of us can take to facilitate the rebuilding effort.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #117 on: April 28, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »

Upon further inspection of relevant statute, I hereby order the National Guard and the Region Guard of the Imperial Dominion of the South to also participate in peacekeepings operations and in doing so to act pursuant to all relevant portions of the Region Emergency Plan. The IDS Militia is also ordered to act pursuant to all relevant portions of the Region Emergency Plan.

Furthermore, I request that the chief executives of the states of Mississippi, Tennessee, and Georgia dispatch their State Guards to assist the IDS Militia in whatever fashion that the IDS Militia may request, as far as is conscionable for them to do so.

Citizens should report any and all misconduct by members of the IDS Militia, the National Guard, the Region Guard, and/or their State Militia to the desk at the nearest Regional or Federal Building. Regardless of the situation, wrongdoing by any person will not be tolerated.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2011, 11:45:41 PM »

I request that after some debate, a referendum be held on this:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2011, 11:48:18 PM »

An interesting idea, I must say. I welcome the thoughts of other citizens of the region on this matter.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2011, 02:02:58 AM »

When we pass the tornado bill we should bring up the referendum question for debate
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2011, 12:35:06 PM »

Alright. I will bring that up before the Legislature at the right time.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2011, 03:35:16 PM »

The Imperial Militia should probably be orderd to Louisiana and Mississippi to help with flooding
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2011, 06:39:16 PM »

The SoIA has not commented on it, so I do not know if we can assume that it has happened in Atlasia. A clarification from him on the issue would be desirable, though.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2011, 07:23:31 PM »

Sure, you can have flooding.

I think I am going to make some sort of legislative proposal so that we can put the ambiguity to rest once and for all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies