US House Redistricting: General (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:27:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  US House Redistricting: General (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: General  (Read 137179 times)
catographer
Megameow
United States
« on: February 19, 2017, 03:08:56 AM »

Made my own redistricted United States. Didn't pay attention to VRA (but coincidentally it probably is respected by my lines). I focused mostly on aesthetic (whether the lines looked nice, ik subjective but Cheesy) and compactness (avoided gerrymandering). I used Dave's Redistricting App, so only 2008 results are available. But I guesstimated 2012 and 2016, and unlike how Obama lost CDs in 2012, he wins them in mine. My districts appear to be more proportional to the national popular vote than current CDs.

Here are the CDs by 2008 presidential election results:
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 04:39:49 PM »

I hope a new DRA-like program is developed. DRA is continuously disintegrating into obsolete-ness. Each new version of browsers stops supporting DRA; at this point is too old. Will no longer work for my computer Sad
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 08:28:31 PM »

Instead of apportioning representatives one could apportion presidential electors, with each state guaranteed three electors. And then the electors could be divided into 2 senators and the rest representatives. This would tend to increase the representation of larger states, and compensate for the underrepresentation of larger states in the senate.

That's actually bloody brilliant; a fantastic idea. I support that reform! It's modest, even Republicans could get behind it (it benefits Trump in the EC after all).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies