US House Redistricting: General (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:49:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  US House Redistricting: General (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: General  (Read 137207 times)
muon2
Atlas Icon

« on: September 15, 2010, 07:27:43 AM »
« edited: December 21, 2013, 12:08:34 PM by muon2 »

This now the general thread to discuss state redistricting of the US House. The goal of this thread and its links is to consider possible scenarios based on the politics of the particular state and who controls the process.

If a particular state gets started up here with enough activity I'll split it into its own thread. I'll also keep a list of links to those separate threads. I'll leave the large Dave's Redistricting App thread for more fanciful redistricting ideas using that tool.

Current threads:
Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New Mexico
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Utah
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:43:50 PM »

Bumped and stickied to highlight the changes to the thread and new links.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 05:38:13 PM »

A state-by-state overview of redistricting rules and partisan control would be super-duper-cool.

I'm working on that. I hope to create an easy to follow tool for that information.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 05:48:56 AM »

Note - I added this page to the wiki as a possible way of organizing this information.  If it doesn't work, I can see if there are alternate ideas.

Thanks,
Dave

How did you make that page? I would love to know how to make a county and congressional district version for Washington.

If it helps, I've edited the link for WA and included a page for the Redistricting Commission. You can click on the state to see how it's set up. I'm planning to add all the other states in the coming days.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 03:24:48 AM »

Moderator's note:

I saw that a thread on CO-7 redistricting was transferred to this board from Congressional elections. In order to keep some sanity while tracking everyone's redistricting ideas, I merged it into the existing CO thread. Feel free to check the OP in this thread to find links to all the state threads that have been started on the board. If you start one that doesn't exist yet, I'll link it up as well.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »

Thanks, the gallery can be a bitch to search. If ther is any way to display all submissions from a single poster (other than yourself) I've never noticed it.

The gallery can be searched by keywords, but many of the maps users have posted are on other websites. Even those that have used the gallery often don't use keywords. For instance everyone of my maps has a keyword of redistricting and the name of the state. But as you note, I didn't include my name as a keyword so you can't search on that.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 03:27:50 PM »

Done, thanks.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 12:09:10 PM »

Done
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies