The Tea Party/GOP are just re-branded Birchers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:19:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Tea Party/GOP are just re-branded Birchers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Tea Party/GOP are just re-branded Birchers  (Read 3061 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 02:34:53 PM »

I wish that were the truth! The JBS is awesome!
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 07:18:28 PM »

Me, the New York Times, Kelly Khuri or some combination thereof?

You, clearly. By posting quotes from Tea Party group founds such as her reinforcing the thread subject, you're nothing but a left-wing Libertas!

Cause the Tea Party is a top-down movement, right?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 07:49:53 PM »

Lief has become one of the most hackish posters here (not that he ever wasn't). In fact, the way he talks, he's almost like a left-wing Libertas.

That's a little rich coming from MODU's wannabe.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 09:05:43 PM »

A motivated fiscally conservative movement comes about after a decade of fiscal irresponsibility and suddenly they are extremists, Birchers, fringees, militia movement types, Klansmen, racists, nativists, Tim McVeigh wannabe's and on and on and on.

Haha, yeah, this is an entirely grassroots organisation with the common, and noble, cause of reducing fiscal irresponsibility, regardless of the party, or race, of the incumbent President. Please.

Roll Eyes 

So the Tea Party is just a bunch of racist xenophobic bigots that can't stand Obama and want the evil librul dems gone. Right. Roll Eyes Is that why there was a wave of conservative protest under Bush against both the Immigration bill and the TARP bill. Is that why several Republicans have lost primaries to Tea Partiers. Yea, they just don't like evil librul foreigner Obama. Gotcha. One would be crazy not to trace some of the conservative anger that now manifests itself in the Tea Party back at least to 2007 with the Immigration bill. 

I am not interested in hackish talking points. I am also not interested in listening to what is essentially an attempt to marginalize the Tea Party. They have their benefits, and that is at points to remove tainted politicians like Murkowski and to put pressure on politicans to get spending and growth of gov't under control. They do misstep at times and bite off more then they can chew like in Delaware. They are a new movement and they are not organized from a central organ or leader (I think the hackish DNC line that the Tea Party is an extention of the RNC has been completely debunked). Every movement with no central organization and leaders runs the risk of beng taken advantage of by con artists and schemers and crackpots, but that doesn't take away from the central motivation of the movement. For example, did the nuts in the Obama coalition take away or make any less powerfull, Obama's progressive message and adjenda, no. They were a nuisance however and a pitfall. Any movement that wants to remain viable will be policed either by leadership or in the case of the Tea Party, its rank and file. The tea party hatred isn't about its few crackpots trying to take advantage of them, its about destroying a force that makes advancing the progressive adjenda impossible because of their opposition to gov't.

A motivated fiscally conservative movement comes about after a decade of fiscal irresponsibility and suddenly they are extremists, Birchers, fringees, militia movement types, Klansmen, racists, nativists, Tim McVeigh wannabe's and on and on and on.

There has been no fiscal irresponsibility, other than an inadequate taxation of the rich, and of course inadequate social spending, Yanke.

Quit trying to label them in a way to marginalize them, listen to them and address their concerns.

'Addressing their concerns' will simply require killing millions of poors, Yankee.  Of course, this will happen, but I don't think it is seemly to let it go without a few squeaks of protest.

I would think you agree with me. Most of the "wasteful spending", fiscal irresponsibility and corruption was used to be benefit a select group of wealthy and powerful special interest groups. I am surprised that you disagree with me. Do you find this spending as beneficial as the social programs that you want?

I don't recall saying that you should surrender to the tea Party. The would be bad from the opposite extreme. What I did say was that you shouldn't marginalize them.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 10:52:25 AM »

Lief has become one of the most hackish posters here (not that he ever wasn't). In fact, the way he talks, he's almost like a left-wing Libertas.

That's a little rich coming from MODU's wannabe.

WHOA!  I go away for a few months (ok, more than a few) and I have a wannabe!  Far out!  Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:10 PM »

'Addressing their concerns' will simply require killing millions of poors, Yankee.  Of course, this will happen, but I don't think it is seemly to let it go without a few squeaks of protest.
LBJ killed millions of poors yet you all love the asshat.
rob in cal
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 11:54:58 PM »

If the Tea Party was such a decisive force in the GOP, I'm wondering why the House Republican manifesto (sorry, forgot the name of it) is so quiet.  No calls for massive base closings, getting out of public housing, abolition of food stamps, raising the benefit age of social security immediately, abolition of labor department, agriculture department, slashing the intelligence budget, etc etc. which I think might be part of a full throated tea party agenda.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 12:20:08 AM »

Yes, this has been clear for at least a few months now. The fascists are taking over, first in November and then in 2012 when they will cement their control.

And if we manage to defeat them, we will have a utopia of liberty.  Forced national service, gun confiscation, and taxes for all!
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 12:38:35 AM »

Yes, this has been clear for at least a few months now. The fascists are taking over, first in November and then in 2012 when they will cement their control.

And if we manage to defeat them, we will have a utopia of liberty.  Forced national service, gun confiscation, and taxes for all!

How did you hear about the Re-education camps!!!!!
Dgov
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 01:31:17 AM »

If the Tea Party was such a decisive force in the GOP, I'm wondering why the House Republican manifesto (sorry, forgot the name of it) is so quiet.  No calls for massive base closings, getting out of public housing, abolition of food stamps, raising the benefit age of social security immediately, abolition of labor department, agriculture department, slashing the intelligence budget, etc etc. which I think might be part of a full throated tea party agenda.

Well, for starters, the Tea Party didn't write it, the House GOP did.

I.E. the people who were perfectly fine with the Bush era so long as they were getting their share of Pork.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 02:01:36 AM »

This poll shows that a majority of Teabaggers have a favorable opinion of libertarian heroes such as George W. Bush, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20002534-503544.html

I think their sentiment is something like this:

He may have been a glorified big-spender, but hey, at least he wasn't Obama black

Fixed that for you.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies