MoveOn.org activist viciously attacks Rand Paul supporter's foot with her head (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:49:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  MoveOn.org activist viciously attacks Rand Paul supporter's foot with her head (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MoveOn.org activist viciously attacks Rand Paul supporter's foot with her head  (Read 4171 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: October 27, 2010, 01:08:55 AM »

This is, of course, horrible, but it's clear that fascism has lost all meaning among forumites.

Lets see, an extremist right-wing political movement utilizing gangs of thugs to crush their opponents on the center and left.  It is fascist.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:47:59 AM »

...You want to see fascism, look to Washington D.C. under Barack Obama.

Libertas, I simply don't see any change at all between Obama and the last several presidents.  I'm not sure what you're talking about. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 04:18:37 PM »

She was the antagonist, attempting to make her way to the front of a Rand Paul rally, hold up her fake support sign, and make the natural supporters behind her unwitting accomplices in an anti-Paul photo op.  Without her actions, none of this would have happened.  She is not an innocent victim in this event.

But what did she do that actually warrants an apology? I can understand that her actions would have led members of the crowd to physically prevent her from moving up to Paul, and apparently they were acting out of serious concerns for Paul's safety. I therefore disagree with those who suggest that anyone in the crowd but the stomper did something wrong, at least as far as I can tell. But moving forward in a crowd doesn't need an apology. Trying to do a dumb political stunt doesn't need an apology. Getting pictures in a crowd doesn't need an apology. Generally being a dumb brave liberal activist doesn't need an apology. So what's her apology going to read? "I'm sorry other people misinterpreted my intention"?

In point of fact I can't see any reason it could be considered acceptable for the mob to forcibly prevent her from 'moving to the front of the rally'.  These fascists were parading in a public street, so they have not right to assault citizens merely for moving about in the street.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies