The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:47:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)  (Read 43160 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »

Got it, thanks.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2012, 02:35:27 PM »

I would definitely check it out. Your enjoyment of this last movie will likely increase after you see it... and it's a great movie in its own right.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #352 on: August 15, 2012, 03:07:10 PM »

I'll definitely check it out.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #353 on: August 15, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »

No offense to anvi whatsoever, but I genuinely cannot understand how anybody can watch a latter part of a trilogy without having seen an earlier part first.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #354 on: August 17, 2012, 05:00:32 AM »

No offense to anvi whatsoever, but I genuinely cannot understand how anybody can watch a latter part of a trilogy without having seen an earlier part first.

And yet, he's clearly not alone. Just compare the box office grosses for Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #355 on: August 17, 2012, 08:52:56 AM »

No offense taken, Joe.  I think in my case, I loved the Batman series and tv comics when I was a kid, even though I don't remember much detail from them now in my middle age, and I watched some superhero movies when I was in my teens.  But from my twenties to early forties, I just lost interest in them--I watched the first of the previous Batman film series installments and didn't care for it, and when this trilogy started, I just said to myself: "oh God, another one" and skipped it.  When Dark Knight came out, the girlfriend dragged me out to see it, and I thought it was absolutely outstanding, so I went to see this one too.  So, my bad entirely, I should have known Nolan would do a much better job with it than others, and now that I've been properly educated, I'll gladly go back and watch the first one.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #356 on: March 04, 2013, 01:43:17 PM »

We might not be done with Nolan Batmans yet, folks.  Nolan is going to make a Justice League movie if Man of Steel proves a success.

http://collider.com/justice-league-christopher-nolan-christian-bale/

Which means the ending was Blake just becoming Robin not the next Batman and they didn't actually settle on the ridiculed idea of Bruce spending his entire life unnoticed in Europe.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #357 on: March 05, 2013, 08:31:12 AM »

We might not be done with Nolan Batmans yet, folks.  Nolan is going to make a Justice League movie if Man of Steel proves a success.

Which means the ending was Blake just becoming Robin not the next Batman and they didn't actually settle on the ridiculed idea of Bruce spending his entire life unnoticed in Europe.

Or perhaps Blake is Gotham's Batman now and Bruce is the world's Batman.

Anyway, I won't believe this rumor until there's some kind of official announcement. I have a hard time believing Nolan would want to take all of this on (even if he's just the producer). I think he's probably done with superhero movies for the foreseeable future. It would be awesome though, for sure.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #358 on: March 05, 2013, 10:12:55 AM »

A Nolan Justice League movie would be bizarre. Batman pretty much worked, because the basis of the character is at least somewhat realistic, but the Justice League is full of ridiculous cartoon characters.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #359 on: March 05, 2013, 05:21:14 PM »

Or perhaps Blake is Gotham's Batman now and Bruce is the world's Batman.

Anyway, I won't believe this rumor until there's some kind of official announcement. I have a hard time believing Nolan would want to take all of this on (even if he's just the producer). I think he's probably done with superhero movies for the foreseeable future. It would be awesome though, for sure.
My sentiments exactly, except for the Blake part. I think this is a rumor, but sincerely hope its true. There's a reason Marvel's movies turned out so great: Joss Whedon has a hand in all films. I also hope they choose the cartoon line-up.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #360 on: March 05, 2013, 07:10:49 PM »

I don't see it happening. I'm not even sure the movie will ever actually get made, which probably is for the better.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies