The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:37:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)  (Read 43169 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2010, 02:42:28 PM »

Anyway, after reading other suggestions, these are some good villain ideas:

Scarecrow

He already played a major role in the first (yet was still kind of one of the weakest parts), and had a short cameo bit in the second (where it was quite obvious that he was arrested), so why? He's obviously out.

I honestly forgot about it and was just throwing around the names of villains I like. I was thinking more about the villains in the second movie.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2010, 08:52:32 PM »

Hush would be amazing.  I've never been a big fan of the Riddler, personally.  Bane doesn't work as a major villain; maybe in a secondary role.  Clayface could be cool.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 01:00:09 PM »

Big Announcements!

Anne Hathaway is playing Selina Kyle (and presumably Catwoman)

Tom Hardy is playing Bane

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113998-anne-hathaway-to-play-selina-kyle-in-the-dark-knight-rises

Kind of surprising. I hope there's at least one other major villain in it.

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2011, 06:54:11 PM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

Big Announcements!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/113998-anne-hathaway-to-play-selina-kyle-in-the-dark-knight-rises

I'm hoping for a calculating villain to be in it....Bane just seems too....brute strength to me to fill that role.

And I find it funny that the title of the film seems to be the exact opposite of the word Knightfall.  Nolan certainly has some twisted sense of humour.Tongue
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 09:35:36 PM »

I don't see how Hathaway manages to play Catwoman.  She just doesn't give off that kind of vibe.  I'm still holding out hope for Hush.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 12:05:30 AM »

Horrible
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 05:06:33 AM »

Big Announcements!

I'm hoping for a calculating villain to be in it....Bane just seems too....brute strength to me to fill that role.

And I find it funny that the title of the film seems to be the exact opposite of the word Knightfall.  Nolan certainly has some twisted sense of humour.Tongue

Yeah I really still feel like he should throw either the Riddler or the Penguin in there. I guess that's not gonna happen though. Maybe Hugo Strange?

I bet Nolan's take on Bane will be pretty cool though. Hopefully he'll have a pretty epic fight in it with Batman... and let's not forget, the character is a genius in the comics.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 02:19:43 AM »

Some news and rumors:

JGL is apparently going to be in the movie... but as who?
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125364-joseph-gordon-levitt-joining-the-dark-knight-rises-

Anne Hathaway Catwoman costume test said to be "phenomenal".
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/125274-anne-hathaways-dark-knight-rises-costume-test-qphenomenalq

Robin Williams may play Hugo Strange. (This would be very cool but it's just a rumor at this point.)
http://batman-news.com/2011/01/28/robin-williams-as-hugo-strange-in-the-dark-knight-rises/

Also apparently an office has been setup for TDKR in NYC. Smiley

Man, it'd be awesome if they shot it over here!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 02:22:18 AM »

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman!?!

Potential miscast, but we'll see
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 11:54:12 AM »

Where's Robin?

I don't like Nolan's serious Batman. It's a comic book! It's meant to be camp and ridiculous. Not pretentious and humourless.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 11:56:42 AM »

Where's Robin?

I don't like Nolan's serious Batman. It's a comic book! It's meant to be camp and ridiculous. Not pretentious and humourless.

Uh, most comics aren't camp and ridiculous. The Batman comic was originally quite dark. Just until now people associated it mostly with that silly Adam West TV show.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 12:23:34 PM »

I used to agree that Batman would be better if it was more ridiculous like the 1960s series. That remains my favorite Batman because I grew up on the reruns. That being said, while I was never a fan of the "dark" comic series, the dark movies are great. Try watching The Dark Knight and then a 1960s Batman episode (either on YouTube or TV. Some new network airs reruns). The one has a deep point and the other is...well...you know.

That being said, I'd love to see a remake of the 1960s movie. That one was a let down. Plus, doing a retro Batman movie just one time would be a huge hit.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 06:23:32 PM »

Where's Robin?

Uh, most comics aren't camp and ridiculous. The Batman comic was originally quite dark. Just until now people associated it mostly with that silly Adam West TV show.

Correct... and of course it is a fairly dark comic today and has been since the 70s. It really only became childish and ridiculous in the 50s and 60s because of the power of the Comic Code Authority.

Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoy the Adam West show and some of the other silly versions of the character/story but at the end of the day I certainly prefer the more serious versions offered up by Bob Kane, Frank Miller, Alan Moore, Chris Nolan, etc.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »

I'm going with either Riddler or Robin....just because those would make me happy. Smiley

Levitt would work well as a villain though, one positive aspect of GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra was Levitt's portrayal of the Doctor/Cobra Commander.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2011, 07:15:28 PM »

I'm going with either Riddler or Robin....just because those would make me happy. Smiley

Levitt would work well as a villain though, one positive aspect of GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra was Levitt's portrayal of the Doctor/Cobra Commander.

Nolan has essentially ruled those characters out though. I agree that he would make an awesome Riddler though.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 08:39:39 PM »

Robin has pretty much been written off as the Cousin Oliver of the comic book world.  I doubt any serious film will ever include him.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 06:13:09 PM »

Where's Robin?

Correct... and of course it is a fairly dark comic today and has been since the 70s. It really only became childish and ridiculous in the 50s and 60s because of the power of the Comic Code Authority.

Don't get me wrong, I greatly enjoy the Adam West show and some of the other silly versions of the character/story but at the end of the day I certainly prefer the more serious versions offered up by Bob Kane, Frank Miller, Alan Moore, Chris Nolan, etc.

That and the whole flying saucers and b-movie monsters craze. Amusingly most of that is canon again though.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 10:58:07 PM »

Where's Robin?

That and the whole flying saucers and b-movie monsters craze. Amusingly most of that is canon again though.

Enter Grant Morrison.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »

While we're on the subject of "darker" Batman, what's everyone's opinion of "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2011, 04:58:17 PM »

While we're on the subject of "darker" Batman, what's everyone's opinion of "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller?

It's a classic, of course. Also check out Batman: Year One.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2011, 05:07:35 PM »

Don't forget The Killing Joke.  And in a non-comic format, Batman: The Animated Series is one of the greatest interpretations of Batman ever.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2011, 05:18:33 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2011, 09:30:55 AM by Eraserhead »

Don't forget The Killing Joke.  And in a non-comic format, Batman: The Animated Series is one of the greatest interpretations of Batman ever.

Yeah, I just mentioned that one because it was also by Miller.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 06:09:53 PM »

Long Halloween and Dark Victory were much better than anything Miller's written.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 11:11:25 PM »

Don't forget The Killing Joke.  And in a non-comic format, Batman: The Animated Series is one of the greatest interpretations of Batman ever.
Yeah, I just mentioned that one because it was also by Miller.

Ah, of course.  Well, I never miss an opportunity to plug BTAS
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2011, 09:33:54 AM »

Long Halloween and Dark Victory were much better than anything Miller's written.

Miller has written a boatload of crap in recent years but I really can't agree with that. Those are great stories though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies