The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:32:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)  (Read 43441 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« on: August 15, 2012, 03:00:57 AM »

Saw this last evening, and enjoyed it, but thought The Dark Knight was more interesting.

I'm not very familiar with the comic and the history of the villains.  I understand how Bane and Talia are tied together, but I didn't really understand the storyline behind Talia's father and how she is fulfilling his mission or dream by doing all this.  Can someone help me connect the dots there?  Thanks!
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:38:43 AM »

Batman Begins was the one in the trilogy I missed.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:16:18 AM »

Got it, thanks.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 03:07:10 PM »

I'll definitely check it out.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 08:52:56 AM »

No offense taken, Joe.  I think in my case, I loved the Batman series and tv comics when I was a kid, even though I don't remember much detail from them now in my middle age, and I watched some superhero movies when I was in my teens.  But from my twenties to early forties, I just lost interest in them--I watched the first of the previous Batman film series installments and didn't care for it, and when this trilogy started, I just said to myself: "oh God, another one" and skipped it.  When Dark Knight came out, the girlfriend dragged me out to see it, and I thought it was absolutely outstanding, so I went to see this one too.  So, my bad entirely, I should have known Nolan would do a much better job with it than others, and now that I've been properly educated, I'll gladly go back and watch the first one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies