The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:45:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Dark Knight Rises (Official Third Nolan Batman Thread)  (Read 43479 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 28, 2010, 12:51:12 PM »

NO Riddle?

But I love that poster!

Anyway, after reading other suggestions, these are some good villain ideas:
Clayface
Mr Freeze
Bane
the Penguin
Scarecrow
Catwoman
Two Face (he needs to come back)

and my personal favorite, Hush, though I know that own't happen

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 02:13:59 PM »

Why rule Hush out? I bet Nolan could make Thomas Elliot's story pretty interesting.

Hush is one of my favorite villains, but the story itself required the fifty or sixty years of backstory that had developed by then, what with all the villains and flashbacks, such as references to Harold, and Oracle.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »

Why rule Hush out? I bet Nolan could make Thomas Elliot's story pretty interesting.

Hush is one of my favorite villains, but the story itself required the fifty or sixty years of backstory that had developed by then, what with all the villains and flashbacks, such as references to Harold, and Oracle.

Obviously several things would have to be changed or removed but it wouldn't be impossible to do.

If Nolan changed or removed several things, then I think the story might end up too warped for it to be any good.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 02:42:28 PM »

Anyway, after reading other suggestions, these are some good villain ideas:

Scarecrow

He already played a major role in the first (yet was still kind of one of the weakest parts), and had a short cameo bit in the second (where it was quite obvious that he was arrested), so why? He's obviously out.

I honestly forgot about it and was just throwing around the names of villains I like. I was thinking more about the villains in the second movie.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »

While we're on the subject of "darker" Batman, what's everyone's opinion of "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 11:50:02 PM »

Long Halloween and Dark Victory were much better than anything Miller's written.

Miller has written a boatload of crap in recent years but I really can't agree with that. Those are great stories though.

I've read Dar Knight Returns, Year One, Long Halloween, Dark Victory. They're all good but I love the epic Batman vs Superman battle. Miller's drawing, IMO has been crap for at least ten years, same goes for his writing style. While Dark Knight Strikes Again was mostly trash, there were some good qualities, same goes for the Batman and Robin thing he did a couple years ago. The best part of that was Jim Lee's drawing.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 08:30:04 PM »

Long Halloween and Dark Victory were much better than anything Miller's written.

Miller has written a boatload of crap in recent years but I really can't agree with that. Those are great stories though.

I've read Dar Knight Returns, Year One, Long Halloween, Dark Victory. They're all good but I love the epic Batman vs Superman battle. Miller's drawing, IMO has been crap for at least ten years, same goes for his writing style. While Dark Knight Strikes Again was mostly trash, there were some good qualities, same goes for the Batman and Robin thing he did a couple years ago. The best part of that was Jim Lee's drawing.

Did he ever even finish that thing? Usually an issue comes out every year or so.

From what I heard, it was meant to go to 12 issues, but ended at like 10 or 11.

that brings me to the subject of "Holy Terror! Batman!" graphic novel that Miller was supposed to release December 2008. I wanted to read it to find how bad it was, but it was never released/finished.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 10:46:23 AM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 05:58:49 PM »

Planning on seeing it with some friends next week.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 08:22:04 PM »

Just saw it. Absolutely incredible movie. I'm still in shock.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 01:45:43 PM »

Without getting too into spoilerish stuff, I just have to say that the fight scenes between Batman and Bane were so damn good. Nolan's ability to film a fight has improved markedly since Batman Begins.

Anyway, how do you guys rank the three movies?

For me, I'm thinking:

1. The Dark Knight
2. The Dark Knight Rises
3. Batman Begins

Very small gaps between each of them though.

I personally enjoyed "The Dark Knight Rises" the most, probably thanks to all the mind-screws that happened in it. Sadly enough, I can't go back to that night in 2008 when I first saw "The Dark Knight" to give an equal comparison. So from my current vantage point, the latest one, though I can totally see why one would put "The Dark Knight" above that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 07:57:23 PM »

Interestingly I had the Gangster Squad trailer, which I heard was being pulled before it because of the scene shooting up a movie theater.

Gully and Beet really like to overanalyze comic book movies, and Frank Miller's politics obviously don't drive every work he creates.

Miller was a liberal when he was creating his best work in the 80s anyway. Something as inconsequential as 300 is definitely not worth arguing over.

Is there a debate over Frank Miller I missed? 'Cause I want in.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »

Planning on seeing it a second time in about an hour and a half.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 08:23:21 AM »

At first, but in the second viewing, it just seemed awesome.

And looking at 20RP12's signature: They have Gotham license plates!?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 08:22:48 AM »

Batman Begins was the one in the trilogy I missed.

Well there ya go. In it, Ra's tries to destroy Gotham.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies