PEI Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:48:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  PEI Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17
Author Topic: PEI Game  (Read 37173 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: November 01, 2010, 09:18:51 AM »

You know what, I'm going to go to Princeton myself to see what the hell is going on over there.  This is getting way too weird.

I'm taking the whole damn militia with me, both the old Egmont and the Halifax.  That should be enough to scare those guards.

The Provost urgently inquires as to whether you will use force to seize the town if you are denied access. He would not approve of such an expedition if it is for the purpose of conquest, though he feels that the government of Princeton has clearly proven itself incapable of rule.

I am not there for conquest purposes.  Simply, the idea of sending the entire militia was to scare away the guards so I could enter the city personally.

Sadly that doesn't seem to be working out to well.

If there are any problems my militia is standing ready at Lot 18 and will be there to assist you as soon as you need it. If the Princeton militia continues trying to keep us away I'm afraid we will have no other choice but to take the city by armed force. If both our militias work together we could probably defeat the corrupt guards quite easily and with minimal bloodshed.

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #226 on: November 01, 2010, 09:29:56 AM »

The people of Princeton have no access to the outside world and no method of producing food. We have a humanitarian crisis on our hands, gentlemen. While I would oppose any annexation of Princeton I believe that force is morally required here.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #227 on: November 01, 2010, 09:36:25 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2010, 09:38:05 AM by The Right Honourable Director of Halifax, Lt. Gov The Doctor »

If there are any problems my militia is standing ready at Lot 18 and will be there to assist you as soon as you need it. If the Princeton militia continues trying to keep us away I'm afraid we will have no other choice but to take the city by armed force. If both our militias work together we could probably defeat the corrupt guards quite easily and with minimal bloodshed.

The people of Princeton have no access to the outside world and no method of producing food. We have a humanitarian crisis on our hands, gentlemen. While I would oppose any annexation of Princeton I believe that force is morally required here.

I want to make this clear.  There has been no bloodshed on this island, and I intend to keep it that way.

That being said, I will talk to the guards personally and "persuade" them to let me in (flanked by all my men of course).  If worse comes to worse, I'll either gag them or go with Trojan Horse.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2010, 11:17:59 AM »

I wish the excursion to Princeton all the best.

Also, I think we should revisit my national bank idea. It'd be better for business and all consumers on the island and open up the possibility of using paper money.

It should also be noted at this time that the inflation of £ continues, while the inflation of € is begging to get out of hand, with it becoming very difficult to even purchase one.

$ meanwhile is seeing price deflation, which only pushes up the value of the other two currencies.

Some assembly members are proposing to "de-currency" €, to only keep it for it's value as gold. Others want to do the same to £ as well.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #229 on: November 01, 2010, 11:51:02 AM »
« Edited: November 01, 2010, 11:54:59 AM by The Noble and Majestic homelycooking, Provost of Grenville »

The Provost is receptive to the idea of a single, non-convertible paper currency standard to replace the current scheme which is wreaking havoc upon our island's economy.

However, the Provost feels that a National Bank, if it is to be incorporated, must be devised in a way so as to grant to the interests of farmers and of rural parishes the right to veto any bank policies. The Provost recognizes the Mayor of Charlottetown's desire to promote and stabilize commerce, and shares it, but will not permit the farmers of this island to be overrun and subjugated by a Bank that could be reasonably expected to serve as a tool of speculators, industrialists and mercantilists.

Regarding the Princeton crisis, the Provost wishes to express his horror at the squalor and dysfunction of the town, and encourages the Director of Halifax and the Bishop of Saint David to use any means necessary short of siege and warfare to re-establish magnanimous Christian rule over the people of Princeton.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: November 01, 2010, 05:08:47 PM »

Regarding the Princeton crisis, the Provost wishes to express his horror at the squalor and dysfunction of the town, and encourages the Director of Halifax and the Bishop of Saint David to use any means necessary short of siege and warfare to re-establish magnanimous Christian rule over the people of Princeton.

I am doing my best to diffuse the situation.  However, I will challenge the idea of "Christian" rule, as I do not wish for this to be a Christian nation (we were thrown back in time, remember?  Which means we still have the ideals of modern society)
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2010, 02:58:52 AM »

I am doing my best to diffuse the situation.  However, I will challenge the idea of "Christian" rule, as I do not wish for this to be a Christian nation (we were thrown back in time, remember?  Which means we still have the ideals of modern society)

Heretic! Tongue
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2010, 03:38:49 AM »

Statement from the King
I have a headache and am tired.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: November 03, 2010, 02:56:36 AM »

still a bit burnt out from the election and other things. I can do simple actions, or actions for which I already have a planned conclusion (princeton) but anything that requires calculations and costings will have to, sadly, wait another day.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #234 on: November 03, 2010, 03:09:44 AM »

still a bit burnt out from the election and other things. I can do simple actions, or actions for which I already have a planned conclusion (princeton) but anything that requires calculations and costings will have to, sadly, wait another day.

(The election burned me too, Teddy...)

The Chancellor wishes to express his irritation that the Senate is seemingly impotent in its ability to enact legislation. He wishes that the situation in Princeton would be resolved quickly, so that the Senate may focus its attention on other pressing matters, like the currency crisis.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: November 03, 2010, 08:39:34 AM »

Breaking kayfabe: Can we just end the Princeton storyline?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #236 on: November 03, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »

Clue: The situation will not end without some sort violence.

I've also been informed by many of our inactive leaders that they wish to quit. Therefore I think the only the active leaders are around - I will be working up a workaround for the fact that 5 of you are packed in tightly.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #237 on: November 03, 2010, 10:54:12 PM »

Can I just have my men knock out the guards?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: November 04, 2010, 01:42:28 AM »

you should you want to try that
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #239 on: November 04, 2010, 01:51:03 AM »

Just do it already!
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #240 on: November 04, 2010, 01:52:04 AM »

Yeah, probably a good idea.

I'm ordering two of my men to do that.Tongue
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2010, 02:09:50 PM »

The Chancellor of Bedford is visiting relatives over the weekend. During the period between now and Sunday evening (November 7th), he may be unable to attend to matters of state. However, he issues a statement that he would be most displeased if his road from Mount Stewart to North Bedford Docks has not been constructed upon his return.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #242 on: November 05, 2010, 04:46:24 PM »

REQUEST: Vacation

TIME: 36 hours

RATIONALE: drunk
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #243 on: November 05, 2010, 04:47:35 PM »

No, the game is NOT dead, but, I need to figure out for sure who is still with us before I go any further. Plus, I'm drunk.

I'm giving BK to the end of my "vacation" to respond, otherwise, I am presuming the only Bedford, St.David, Halifax, and the two in the middle are still around.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #244 on: November 05, 2010, 10:23:37 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2010, 10:25:10 PM by His Excellency Chancellor Vazdul, Senator of Bedford Parish »

With all due respect, the Chancellor feels that the king's intoxication does not set a good example for his subjects, particularly those who hold leadership positions themselves. Tongue

Statement from the King
I have a headache and am tired.

A related incident, perhaps?
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #245 on: November 07, 2010, 07:40:52 PM »

The Chancellor of Bedford announces that he has returned to his home in Rosebank, and is now able to devote his full attention to matters of state. When he discovered that the road from Mount Stewart to North Bedford Docks was not yet complete, he was very angry. He sacked all of the road workers on the spot and hired new ones.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #246 on: November 08, 2010, 03:19:39 AM »

I'm still hear King Teddy
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #247 on: November 08, 2010, 11:00:55 AM »

Still here. Been busy with work, but here.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #248 on: November 08, 2010, 12:40:45 PM »

The Provost wishes to inform the King that he is present, but growing somewhat impatient with inaction on the island.
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #249 on: November 08, 2010, 01:18:07 PM »

The Provost wishes to inform the King that he is present, but growing somewhat impatient with inaction on the island.

The Chancellor echoes the Provost's sentiments- he would really like to get things moving.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies