PEI Game (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:04:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  PEI Game (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: PEI Game  (Read 37166 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: October 28, 2010, 11:13:02 AM »

Mayor of Charlottetown plz.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 01:50:56 AM »

I, the Right Honorable Chancellor of the Parish of Bedford, am greatly displeased that the provincial government continues to deny Bedford's rightful jurisdiction over Governor's Island and the surrounding territorial waters. These territorial waters are an integral part of Bedford, yet the provincial government continues to ignore the plight of our budding shipping industry. A stately residence in Charlottetown would be more than suitable for the provincial government's needs.

As Mayor of Charlottetown, I must give my thanks to you for recognizing the prestige of my city. While I do sympathize with your argument, as Charlottetown's maritime industries are similarly nascent, I believe the correspondence from the Crown on the issue demonstrates a problem does not exist as such.

This territorial dispute does raise another issue, however; I assume the vessels that berth at Charlottetown have a right of passage through the "territorial" waters of neighboring parishes, do they not? Raising this issue of coastal control gives me concern that rural parishes may seek to abuse their power and cause duress to the industries of our fair capital city. In particular, I was perturbed by your seemingly veiled threat to patrol the Hillsborough River with heavily armed vessels! Do understand that Charlottetown is the heart of our island, both culturally and economically. Any action you take that weakens my city will weaken you as a result. I do hope that cool heads will prevail.

In addition, as Mayor of the Queen's County Seat, I would like to suggest a county-wide conference regarding the future status of Charlotte Parish. Reeve Lance's utter negligence towards his duties is most striking.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 04:50:21 AM »

Would a union between the town and parish of Charlotte be considerable to the Deputy Senator (who I'm going to give him the name Jameson for simplicity's sake, if that's okay)? Both would benefit immensely. As Mayor of Charlottetown I suggest a full partnership between our parishes, with myself, while remaining Mayor of my city, would simultaneously serve as the leader of a new Greater Charlotte Parish; I would charge the Reeve with governance of the existing rural territory; essentially the same job he has now without the national entanglements he deems undesireable. To demonstrate our unity I'd select Deputy Senator Jameson to continue his role for the combined Parish.

Such a union would be vastly beneficial to both Charlotte and Charlottetown; the city contains many wealthy merchants and thus has a sizable tax base, which then would be directly available to improving the communities of the rural Charlotte Parish and the lives of its people. In addition, the closer economic ties that unity brings would benefit all citizens of both regions. I also discretely note to Deputy Senator Jameson that, with the greater government funds, Charlottetown compensates its officials for their service a significantly greater amount than a rural parish could provide.

If such a complete union is not a possibility, however, the government of Charlottetown notes that it is always open to a closer partnership with its northern neighbor in any way it finds possible.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 05:09:01 AM »

Further, I propose ferry service be initiated between Charlottetown and Rosebank. It is ludicrous that I must travel by rail for forty-some miles to take my seat in the Senate when I reside just across the river.

As mayor, I agree wholeheartedly. Such a link between our communities would be beneficial to us both; in principle you along with every citizen of your parish deserves the right to swift and efficient travel to their nation's capital. In addition, we know it will economically benefit both our regions, as your residents can travel more easily to purchase the rarer commodities found only in our regional hub and the businessmen of the city will find it more convenient to conduct transactions in your towns as well.

Would a union between the town and parish of Charlotte be considerable to the Deputy Senator (who I'm going to give him the name Jameson for simplicity's sake, if that's okay)? Both would benefit immensely. As Mayor of Charlottetown I suggest a full partnership between our parishes, with myself, while remaining Mayor of my city, would simultaneously serve as the leader of a new Greater Charlotte Parish; I would charge the Reeve with governance of the existing rural territory; essentially the same job he has now without the national entanglements he deems undesireable. To demonstrate our unity I'd select Deputy Senator Jameson to continue his role for the combined Parish.

Such a union would be vastly beneficial to both Charlotte and Charlottetown; the city contains many wealthy merchants and thus has a sizable tax base, which then would be directly available to improving the communities of the rural Charlotte Parish and the lives of its people. In addition, the closer economic ties that unity brings would benefit all citizens of both regions. I also discretely note to Deputy Senator Jameson that, with the greater government funds, Charlottetown compensates its officials for their service a significantly greater amount than a rural parish could provide.

If such a complete union is not a possibility, however, the government of Charlottetown notes that it is always open to a closer partnership with its northern neighbor in any way it finds possible.
He is open to this idea, but not of complete union at this time, rather, of working together in a close manner.

I shall see that his senatorial residence here in the capital is as stately as possible.

I'd also like to ask, although a full union is recognizably not possible currently, if he supports a degree of budgetary assistance to his parish's government. This would, of course, include a stipend for all members of the Charlotte Parish delegation. I seek the best for our sister parish. In return, I ask that I also be allowed (assuming this is possible- if it isn't just disregard this sentence) that I be allowed to be the Reeve's voting proxy here in the capital.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 05:21:29 AM »

As Bishop of St. David, I'd like to extend blessings to all my fellow Senators, and to ask them not to quarrel about land and water in this manner, for we are all the children of God, and it is all God's land. For who makes Hillsborough Bay so rich if not God? Who makes the fish swim, who makes the ships sail, and who makes the seagulls fly? It is our Lord, and therefore I think that whoever Hillborough Bay belongs to in this mortal world, the Church (and as leader of the church on this island in extension me) has the right to at least 10% of all income made exploiting the Bay's Resources.   

While I have nothing but faith in our Lord, or your spiritual guidance, I find your demands frankly preposterous. You know as well as I that the fisherman of the bay are all good Christians, just like you and I and nearly everyone on this island, so the Church already receives exactly what you demand through the religious tithes of the sailors.

I'd like to question as well, your role leading St. David; specifically, the division between the worlds temporal and eternal. While you, most holy Bishop, have been selected to lead your parish, you are also the leader of our entire Christian community. I do hope your elected office does not lead you to, directly or indirectly, bias your judgement as Bishop. While I do trust in you, know that I will cry foul at the first instance of whatever political favoritism you attempt while proclaiming to speak on behalf of the Lord's Church. I am a wealthy man, and I give much to your church- but I could not stand to see a single pence being spent on corruption.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 07:53:11 AM »

The Deputy Senator for Charlotte is very happy with his new accommodations in Charlottetown, as well as that Parish's Assemblymen.

Glad to hear it!

While I have nothing but faith in our Lord, or your spiritual guidance, I find your demands frankly preposterous. You know as well as I that the fisherman of the bay are all good Christians, just like you and I and nearly everyone on this island, so the Church already receives exactly what you demand through the religious tithes of the sailors.

I'd like to question as well, your role leading St. David; specifically, the division between the worlds temporal and eternal. While you, most holy Bishop, have been selected to lead your parish, you are also the leader of our entire Christian community. I do hope your elected office does not lead you to, directly or indirectly, bias your judgement as Bishop. While I do trust in you, know that I will cry foul at the first instance of whatever political favoritism you attempt while proclaiming to speak on behalf of the Lord's Church. I am a wealthy man, and I give much to your church- but I could not stand to see a single pence being spent on corruption.

Ah my dearest mayor, bless your heart, of course you are correct that it is indeed of great importance not to mix up one's spirtual commission with ones earthtly commission. As a high leader of this island I need to both advance the ideas and intrests of our Christian community as a whole, as well as the intrest of my parish. I assure you that there is no intent to abuse my power as leader of a Christian community, to enrich my own house or my own constituency. As a matter of fact I would love to take this oppertunity to invite his excellency the Chancellor of Bedford, and his grace the Duke of Hillsborugh to my humble church in Kensington for a peace and reconciliation mass, where I, as an independant servant of God, could help them to resolve this conflict in a way that benefits all parties involved.

I'm glad we could come to an understanding, honorable Bishop.

As mayor of our capital city, at the center of of the bonds that tie all of this islands communities together, I am very interested in maintaining peace throughout the entire island. I therefore humbly request permission to attend your service as well.

REGULAR FERRY ROUTES:
Charlottetown to Rosebank. Runs once every hour, departing Charlottetown on the :00 and Rosebank on the :30. Service from Sunrise, lasting to 2 hours after Sunset. Ends run in Chalottetown. Boat too small to handle much freight; passenger ferry only. Operated by the National Government.

Awesome.

And as a curiosity, how many vessels capable of carrying cargo exist on the island? Who owns them?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 01:40:23 PM »

First off, allow me to declare that my city is the only suitable location for our nation's capitol complex. We are the economic and cultural heart of our island; I mean no disrespect to the honorable Provost or the people of Breadalbane, but a farming community is simply not the proper location for our capital. Charlotte Town is not simply a parish, but a mighty city as well, and thus the only location with adequate infrastructure and facilities to be our nation's home.

The argument has also been made that Breadalbane is appropriate as a "central" location. Central for who? The majority of our island's parishes are closer to Charlotte Town. We are not only the social, cultural, and economic heart of Prince Edward Island, we are in fact the geographic heart as well. I have nothing but respect for all our island's leaders and citizens, but this issue is a matter of principle in which I will not compromise.

I must raise another issue- my city is grossly underrepresented in the national assembly. We have, for example, more citizens than either Egmont or East Parish but half the representatives.  As a matter of fairness, decency, and justice, I must demand that the people of Charlotte Town receive equal representation in our nation's legislature.

Regarding other issues that have been raised, I note my continued unwavering support for greater connectivity and trade amongst all parishes. I support a bridge across the Hillsborough River, the right of Winsloe residents (and all others, for that matter) to work within Charlotte Town, the construction of more whorfs across the island, and a national investment in larger transport vessels capable of carrying cargo. Economic ties make us all stronger.

On a closing note, I urge that the situation in the west be resolved with tact and caution- no man wants bloodshed to result.

I hope that we can all share our lives peacefully without undue dispute, so that greater prosperity may be shared by all.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 11:54:28 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2010, 11:57:55 PM by Bacon King »

I believe that ideally Hillsborough Bay should be nationally shared territory, but the status quo is entirely acceptable as long as the right of passage is not infringed. It is clearly apparent that the Duke of Hillsborough is entirely out of line on this issue. I am also, frankly, appalled at his apparent rejection of the honorable Bishop's mediation. If the Duke does not change course rapidly, I feel that Hillsborough's lack of sane leadership must be rectified in any way possible, lest innocent lives be lost to his aggressive actions.

Also, on an unrelated note, I feel that my call for a County-wide convention was a result of my (then) lack of information regarding Charlotte Parish's status. I believe there is no need for any such convention.

A few proposals:

1. To prevent ambiguity in our economy, that the currency exchange be specifically defined by the national government, at a rate of $100 to £1, £33 to €1, and $3300 to €1.

2. To foster trade amongst the parishes, that the national government shall comprehensively assist communities across the island to build new docks, to improve rail infrastructure and access where needed, to expand ferry services, to construct a small fleet of cargo vessels, and to bridge rivers where needed. Specifics of this "omnibus trade improvement" may be determined after the acceptance of its general need.

3. To ensure a proper business climate for our merchants, that a national bank be established in the capital city, and with branches in Princeton and Georgetown or nearby areas.

Lastly, an issue for the Senate alone, since the Assembly forwarded it to us:

4. I propose that all parishes receive equal representation in the assembly, and that they shall each have one representative per 250 citizens, rounded. Distribution of representatives among a parish's lots shall be the responsibility of the parish government (with the expectation that it is done in an unbiased manner).
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 12:11:06 AM »

Also, I'd like to announce my fine city is building two cargo vessels. We're also ordering two specialized stagecoaches for a city fire department.

Also, my town government is prepared to spend €2.5 or its exchange equivalent towards the construction of a bridge into Lot 48. We would expect funding from Bedford Parish as well as the national government, of course.

We're also spending a bit on improving city streets, adding park space, maybe a few statues; basically, general measures to improve the city's prestige.

Last, we've streamlined procedures required to start/run/own a business or commercial property within the city. I assume plenty of undeveloped land still exists; allow some of it to be sold to prospective buyers.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 12:12:27 AM »

The Duke of Hillsborough is appalled by Mayor Bacon's threats and begins to start a militia to defend himself.

I seek no conflict with you.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 01:05:53 PM »

How much would a wagon or stagecoach cost? How many roads Are fit for their travel?

Also, how is my city's cathedral?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 07:05:51 PM »

I agree with the Honourable Provost of Grenville that Reeve Lance's gross negligence in the administration of his Parish can no longer be ignored. The good citizens of Charlotte Parish deserve better. As Chancellor of Bedford, I offer to the citizens of Lot 34, should they be willing to join Bedford Parish, the same service, courtesy, and competent administration that the citizens of Lot 7 were offered by the Honourable
Director of Halifax, and indeed the same as I offer my own citizens.

The Honorable Reeve is a competent and capable adminstrator and does indeed show concern for his parish; please do not slander him so. His only fault is his disregard for direct involvement in extraprovincial affairs. The correct course of action here is not a crude disembowelment of Charlotte Parish! Hence my earlier proposal of a union between Charlotte Town and Charlotte Parish, in which Reeve Lance continues his administration of his current territory, but interprovincially his land shall be represented by a unified Greater Charlotte Parish. I believe this option is best for the people of the Reeve's parish. However, I understand the hesitance to alter the status quo, and suggest as a compromise that the honorable Reeve be allowed to select another Senator as his proxy in the Senate.

My city and it's rural counterpart are more closely linked than any other two parishes on the island, and I suggest that my representation would be best for the people of Charlotte Parish. I believe that Reeve Lance's deputy and his entire assembly delegation would agree on this.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 07:17:48 PM »

I propose to him the reunification of Charlotte Town and Parish- with the Deputy Senator to be my own Deputy, of course with an increased salary. The Reeve can maintain his title, if he desires, and serve as the administrator of the non-urban sections of the combined parish.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 07:18:39 PM »

The Deputy Senator, who is currently relaxing in a pool of warm water while smoking a pope, wishes to point out that Charlotte Parish, under it's oldest definition, includes Queens Royalty http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_Parish,_Prince_Edward_Island and that he is more than happy to discuss affairs including the internal operation of the parish with the mayor.

He also requests more beer, and wonders where his masseur is.

I propose to him the reunification of Charlotte Town and Parish- with the Deputy Senator to be my own Deputy, of course with an increased salary. The Reeve can maintain his title, if he desires, and serve as the administrator of the non-urban sections of the combined parish.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 08:06:45 PM by Bacon King »

(NOTE: Condensed multiple posts into one for simplicity.)

To the Honorable Chancellor of Bedford:

I have no desire to "seize" any territory, sir, and only seek the best interests of the Charlotte's citizens. Why not let the elected leaders of Charlotte decide what is right for their parish, rather than making grandiose self-interested assumptions while planning to chop the land into bits? If there was still somehow any doubt which of us Senators keeps the welfare of the people of Charlotte Parish at heart, it is now gone. I stand firmly beside the people of Charlotte, both town and parish, against your would-be imperialism.

The boundaries of Lot 36 shall be readjusted as follows: The Hillsborough River on the north, the Lot 48 border on the west and south, and the Lot 37 border on the east.

While I do agree with this proposal, I believe you are free to handle the issue internally. In fact, I am sure we would all agree that allowing Senators authority to redraw the lines in other's parishes to be a potentially dangerous precedent.

Despite my previous attempt to make the Assembly more equitable for each Parish being met with ridicule, I have not given up on this endeavour. It is imperative that each Parish and City have a equitable distribution of Assemblymen with regard to its population. To that end, I propose the following legislation:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I support, and would vote for, this distribution.

Also, note that the assembly recently suggested this to our esteemed body:

2 - The assembly proposes to fund 50% of all wharfs, rail lines, and such improvements, and wishes to seek senate approval.

With a lack of specific Senate guidelines, I hereby suggest we vote on these two proposals. For simplicity's sake I shall manage this vote. One may assume that a majority vote is sufficient to pass any proposals that do not deprive a parish of money or property (I believe some form of supermajority would be necessary in such a case to prevent abuse of specific regions through the Senate. I do believe a written set of guidelines will be required, however).

Therefore, let us vote!

Apportionment Proposal: Aye
Commerce and Transport Proposal: Aye
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 08:09:13 PM »

The Provost rejoins that unless the honorable Mayor of Charlottetown is prepared to extend a long rail or highway link to the town of Rustico, it cannot reasonably claim to be interested in its welfare, though the Provost believes that the highest judge in the Charlotte Parish case should be the parishoners themselves. Therefore, the Provost proposes that a referendum be held within the parish of Charlotte in which all able-minded and property-holding men will be given the opportunity to express their opinions as to whether they would wish to join the Parishes of Grenville, Bedford, Charlottetown or Hillsborough should the government of Charlotte dissolve. The Provost believes this to be a reasonable proposal and pledges to abide by the parishioners' decisions, as he hopes other governments will.

While their elected leaders already hold the power to represent them, I do agree to the formality of a vote, albeit with one caveat: there would be no "dissolution" of Charlotte should its former borders be restored, it would simply be a merger and union between its existing government and my city government.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 08:23:30 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2010, 08:42:09 PM by Bacon King »

edit: combined posts again to limit clutter.

I have no desire to "seize" any territory, sir, and only seek the best interests of the Charlotte's citizens. Why not let them decide what they want, rather than making grandiose self-interested assumptions while planning to chop their parish into bits? If there was still somehow any doubt which of us Senators keeps the welfare of the people of Charlotte Parish at heart, it is now gone. I stand firmly beside the people of Charlotte, both town and parish, against your would-be imperialism.

This hypocrisy is coming from the same man who has already attempted to gain for himself a second vote in the Senate by usurping the authority delegated to the Reeve of Charlotte Parish! The city of Charlottetown and the Parish of Charlotte are very different places with very different interests. I reassert my opinion that the administrator of an urban area cannot adequately represent the interests of a rural area- to do so would be a disservice to the people of both Charlotte Parish and Charlottetown.

You dare accuse me of hypocrisy? I simply seek the best for Charlotte Parish. My plan was suggested to allow the people of Charlotte proper representation in the Senate. I noted my availability for the position simply because I only trust myself among us to share their concerns; distant parishes are presumably apathetic, the Senator from Hillsborough has been acting as a madman, and Charlotte's other two neighbors have already made explicit imperialistic claims.

I can indeed properly manage a rural area. In fact, even if you don't trust my own judgement, note my proposal for the honorable Reeve to retain his administrative powers. There are thus only four differences that a union would mean for the people of Charlotte: more development thanks to an increased governmental budget, a stronger economy due to closer ties with my city, a strong voice in the Senate from my advocacy, and the increased prestige that comes from being politically joined to the national capital. While I mean no offense to you and believe you are an honorable gentleman sir, your argument here is wholly spurious.

Also, why must my fellow Senators bring disrepute upon the honorable Reeve? How is he negligent? Why should he be deposed at your whim? Are not the people of Charlotte Parish happy with the intraparish aspect of his rule?

The Provost rejoins that unless the honorable Mayor of Charlottetown is prepared to extend a long rail or highway link to the town of Rustico, it cannot reasonably claim to be interested in its welfare, though the Provost believes that the highest judge in the Charlotte Parish case should be the parishoners themselves. Therefore, the Provost proposes that a referendum be held within the parish of Charlotte in which all able-minded and property-holding men will be given the opportunity to express their opinions as to whether they would wish to join the Parishes of Grenville, Bedford, Charlottetown or Hillsborough should the government of Charlotte dissolve. The Provost believes this to be a reasonable proposal and pledges to abide by the parishioners' decisions, as he hopes other governments will.

While their elected leaders already hold the power to represent them, I do agree to the formality of a vote, albeit with one caveat: there would be no "dissolution" of Charlotte should its former borders be restored, it would simply be a merger and union between its existing government and my city government.

I conditionally withdraw this acceptance. It has become clear to me that any such referendum would only serve to legitimize the ludicrous idea that Charlotte Parish should be dismembered. You argue that some residents of Charlotte would rather live under your rule. Yet why has no resident or official within the parish made any comment regarding these issues you repeatedly announce, except for when they speak in support of Charlottetown?

Any vote would be entirely at the discretion of the Reeve's government, of course, but if it were to occur any options offering secession to another parish would, in my opinion, be nonsense. Why should they vote to be annexed by an imperialistic parish if not a single resident of Charlotte has expressed such an idea? If the people of Charlotte are to have a vote, it would be on whether to remain independent or gain the powerful benefits of a unity with Charlottetown. I'd like to know the Deputy Senator from Charlottetown's opinion on the matter, as I do believe he is authorized to make decisions about the parish in the honorable Reeve's absence.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 10:22:46 PM »

I vote aye on your amendment to my proposal as well as the fixed exchange rates.

(OOC: posting on phone currently, will continue the heated debate when back at my computer! Smiley )
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 08:10:57 PM »

You are fooling no one. You claim to have Charlotte's best interests at heart, yet it never occurred to you to allow a native of Charlotte the Senate post, or its own Deputy Senator? Your actions were a blatant attempt to seize further power in the Senate!

The Senate, as an intentionally more prestigious body versus the Assembly, should only consist of the rightful leaders of the parishes. We have two interconnected tasks: to govern our own parish and represent it in the Senate. A Deputy's intended job is to take over the role of the Parish leader when he leaves office. Considering we do not have any legal provision for a leader doing one job but not the other, I suggested that the honorable Reeve select a proxy among other Senators as the simplest possible solution.

However, if it is indeed acceptable, I completely accept recognizing Charlotte's current deputy to be the parish's official Senator.

Making such plans when there was no hint of instability or disunity from Charlotte Parish? Can you not deny such an action, even with the best of intentions, reeks of suspicion? However, as you have recanted your earlier statements I shall speak on the subject no more. I do agree with you that Charlotte's deputy may officially represent his parish, rather than only doing so de facto. In celebration, I shall throw a lavish party in his honor. He shall also receive an increased stipend more fitting of his position.

Should a reunification of my city with Charlotte Parish commence, 90% of tithes raised in the rural areas will be under the sole jurisdiction of the Reeve. The other 10% would also be forbidden to be allocated towards local improvements within Charlottetown. Considering no such restrictions will exist on tithes from Charlottetown, I do believe the rural areas will benefit the most, indeed.

You raise the issue that I could not manage the size of the parish or understand the nature of the rural areas, hence my proposal for the honorable Reeve to manage exactly the land he does currently!

The truth of the matter is that Charlottetown and Charlotte Parish have much more similarities than differences, and share many similar virtues, beliefs, and opinions that transcend this superficial "urban-rural" divide of which you allege.

The situation in Edgmont is much akin to the situation in Charlotte. I would be a hypocrite if I did not advocate a similar course of action in Edgmont to the one I advocate for Charlotte. To that end, I move that Captain Jane be stripped of her title and expelled from the Senate, and that a replacement be appointed as soon as is practicable.

I beg your pardon? "Much akin to the situation in Charlotte?" How dare you insult the honorable Reeve in such a manner!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 09:29:56 AM »

The people of Princeton have no access to the outside world and no method of producing food. We have a humanitarian crisis on our hands, gentlemen. While I would oppose any annexation of Princeton I believe that force is morally required here.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 11:00:55 AM »

Still here. Been busy with work, but here.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 10:44:19 AM »

For the record, I've been waiting before Teddy gets back and does things to do things myself, because I don't want us to get ahead of him. Hence my lack of a response to anything earlier Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 04:27:45 PM »

Dibs on the same province, if the system stays the same.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 06:56:57 PM »

I suppose I'll take St. George.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States