PEI Game (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:04:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  PEI Game (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PEI Game  (Read 37186 times)
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: October 28, 2010, 09:03:34 AM »

Can I be the Bishop of St. David.

If Bishop is not approved as title I'll take Commander of St. David instead, but I'd prefer Bishop.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 04:55:52 AM »

As Bishop of St. David, I'd like to extend blessings to all my fellow Senators, and to ask them not to quarrel about land and water in this manner, for we are all the children of God, and it is all God's land. For who makes Hillsborough Bay so rich if not God? Who makes the fish swim, who makes the ships sail, and who makes the seagulls fly? It is our Lord, and therefore I think that whoever Hillborough Bay belongs to in this mortal world, the Church (and as leader of the church on this island in extension me) has the right to at least 10% of all income made exploiting the Bay's Resources.   
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 06:01:38 AM »

While I have nothing but faith in our Lord, or your spiritual guidance, I find your demands frankly preposterous. You know as well as I that the fisherman of the bay are all good Christians, just like you and I and nearly everyone on this island, so the Church already receives exactly what you demand through the religious tithes of the sailors.

I'd like to question as well, your role leading St. David; specifically, the division between the worlds temporal and eternal. While you, most holy Bishop, have been selected to lead your parish, you are also the leader of our entire Christian community. I do hope your elected office does not lead you to, directly or indirectly, bias your judgement as Bishop. While I do trust in you, know that I will cry foul at the first instance of whatever political favoritism you attempt while proclaiming to speak on behalf of the Lord's Church. I am a wealthy man, and I give much to your church- but I could not stand to see a single pence being spent on corruption.

Ah my dearest mayor, bless your heart, of course you are correct that it is indeed of great importance not to mix up one's spirtual commission with ones earthtly commission. As a high leader of this island I need to both advance the ideas and intrests of our Christian community as a whole, as well as the intrest of my parish. I assure you that there is no intent to abuse my power as leader of a Christian community, to enrich my own house or my own constituency. As a matter of fact I would love to take this oppertunity to invite his excellency the Chancellor of Bedford, and his grace the Duke of Hillsborugh to my humble church in Kensington for a peace and reconciliation mass, where I, as an independant servant of God, could help them to resolve this conflict in a way that benefits all parties involved.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 07:36:56 PM »

Dear Chancellor, I am so glad that you've accepted my invetation. It is my belief that this conflict over the bay can be resolved by prayer, and friendly discussion between the leaders of the parishes involved. And to the dear mayor of Charlotteville, I'm more than happy to extend the invetation to you, and I shall be happy to see you here together with the hounerable chancellor and hopefully the Duke.

Also I must most desisevly insist on a peacful end to the Halifax military offensive. The church can not accept the bloodshed of fellow Christians on this island, and I therefore urge the Director to put down his weapons and find a way to resolve this in an orderly peacful manner.

JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 04:56:50 AM »

I would be glad to meet in the great town of Cape Wolfe.

What? So my church isn't good enough for you, but you'll go to some peasant village even further away from you. This is most displeasing. We are not amused. I hope the Duke has a very good explanation for his rude behaviour towards the church, as well as his hostile behaviour towards his neighbours. Confess your sins Duke, and repent. I will pray for your soul.

I'd also like to send my congratulations to the hounarble Director of Halifax, and congratulate him on the fact that his annexation was calm, peacful, and ended in bloodshed. God bless your heart dear director. 
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 05:22:10 AM »

Some feel that it should be annexed into nearby Lot 18, but others point to sea rights and historical connections across the bay to Lot 14 in Richmond. Assemblymen for both St. David and Richmond are trying to use these facts to lay claim over Princeton, while the leader of Princeton is not impressed at all by the discussion.

Although I support Princeton's continued indipendance if they so wish, if the city were to be intigrated to another parish, St. David would be the only reasonable alternative. Princeton is after all connected to St. David by land, while Richmond is separated from the city by the Richmond Bay. The hounarble leaders of Richmond must therefor see that a unification between the city and richmond would not be practical. I'm also sure, that such an alliance would be most unliked by our Lord and God.

I'd also like to note, that next to Princeton, the natural choice for County Capital would be Kensington, as it is already the centre of the Christian Church in this country, and a highly developed town with century old history.  
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 08:26:11 AM »

A member of your church approaches and asks you to build a large cathedral in Kensington.

How much would such a construction cost the church approxemetly?
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 11:00:53 AM »

I'd also like to send my congratulations to the hounarble Director of Halifax, and congratulate him on the fact that his annexation was calm, peacful, and ended in bloodshed. God bless your heart dear director. 

Ended in bloodshed?  I don't know what you're smoking.Wink

Oh good Lord, ended in no bloodshed. Sorry that's what I was suppouse to say.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 04:10:01 PM »

I'm shocked that the Duke of Hillsborough still continues to ignore me. As spiritual leader of the land I'm deeply insulted that he not only refuses my inventation to a peace and reconciliation mass, but also has also refused to explain or excuse his behaviour. This does him no credit, and cast a lot of doubt on both his faith in the church and his judgement as a leader. I'm afraid that if the Duke continus to fail at delivering his reply to me, I'll have to launch an inquisition to explore where his true faith lies.

Furthermore, as the situation in Princeton seems to be getting worse, I might have no other choice but to annex the city into God's graceful community and sieze it for the parish of St. David. I most humbly request the king to commision a poll in the city to find out if this course
of action would be favoured by the city's inhabitons.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What could I get for 30$?

How about a smaller not so awe-inspiring, with one short tower and a leaking roof cathedral? Our lord teach us that less is more after all.
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 06:06:16 PM »

Ah my dearest chancellor and provost. Your generosity and your faith are more than pleasing. God's blessing to both of you. I will say a special prayer for you and your parishes during this evening's cermon. You are both truly good Christian men. And if we can gather enough money to build this cathedral I promise that you'll be invited to a splendid mass in the new cathedral as well as a glouries banquet at my house.

And as Bishop I will of course set a good example and put aside 6 £ to the cause from my own parish.

JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 07:40:30 PM »

I would be honoured to take the assignment for the good of all Christians in Princeton. Unless the King objects I shall make the arrangements to make the journay to town as soon as the conditions allow it. I will be needing a personal guard of five to assist and protect me on my way to Princeton and if the king apporves this mission. 

JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 04:06:41 AM »

My fellow senators, as you all know I rencently returned from an expedition to investigate the situation in Princeton. I was unfortuntaley stopped by a roadblock from properly entering the town. It is my fear, that when not even a good Bishop of right hounarble church is allowed enterance to the city, something really fishy is going on, and I therefore ask for your and national govement's premission to have a melitia take it by force.   
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 09:18:51 AM »

You know what, I'm going to go to Princeton myself to see what the hell is going on over there.  This is getting way too weird.

I'm taking the whole damn militia with me, both the old Egmont and the Halifax.  That should be enough to scare those guards.

The Provost urgently inquires as to whether you will use force to seize the town if you are denied access. He would not approve of such an expedition if it is for the purpose of conquest, though he feels that the government of Princeton has clearly proven itself incapable of rule.

I am not there for conquest purposes.  Simply, the idea of sending the entire militia was to scare away the guards so I could enter the city personally.

Sadly that doesn't seem to be working out to well.

If there are any problems my militia is standing ready at Lot 18 and will be there to assist you as soon as you need it. If the Princeton militia continues trying to keep us away I'm afraid we will have no other choice but to take the city by armed force. If both our militias work together we could probably defeat the corrupt guards quite easily and with minimal bloodshed.

JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 02:58:52 AM »

Regarding the Princeton crisis, the Provost wishes to express his horror at the squalor and dysfunction of the town, and encourages the Director of Halifax and the Bishop of Saint David to use any means necessary short of siege and warfare to re-establish magnanimous Christian rule over the people of Princeton.

I am doing my best to diffuse the situation.  However, I will challenge the idea of "Christian" rule, as I do not wish for this to be a Christian nation (we were thrown back in time, remember?  Which means we still have the ideals of modern society)

Heretic! Tongue
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 03:19:39 AM »

I'm still hear King Teddy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies